sh9000

On 1/31/2019 at 12:15 PM, Wolf-1 said:

And just like that Universal killed F&F like they did their Monster franchises.  It will make money but it will also be the franchise's XXX: State of the Union.

Man, if the Fast and the Furious movies haven't killed the Fast and the Furious franchise, a spinoff film sure won't.

Full disclosure: I've only seen the first movie, and it was bad enough that I never followed up.

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

Man, if the Fast and the Furious movies haven't killed the Fast and the Furious franchise, a spinoff film sure won't.

Full disclosure: I've only seen the first movie, and it was bad enough that I never followed up.

Granted, as the series has progressed its only gotten more outlandish and unbelievable.  That said, they did always make sure and keep films based around, even if only loosely, on car culture.  If they wanted to do a spin-off I'm all for it, but not with the the last two characters to be introduced into the "Crew".  I believe a spin-off with Rome (Tyrese) and Tej (Luda) would have been a better angle.  They essentially have the same chemistry as Hobbs and Shaw, only both of these characters have been around since the 2nd film and have  been providing a vast majority of the levity to be found throughout the series.  They could have gone a little more back into the car-culture side of things instead of the super-agent aspect.  The only thing F&F in the trailer provided is a McLaren 720S, which is actually more Need For Speed (Top Gear/Grand Tour) than F&F.  In short a F&F film should be a decent nod to the original Gone in 60 secs, and not a nod to 007:James Bond/XXX.  

Edited by Wolf-1

2 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

How the hell did this film franchise go from a drama about illegal street racing to a marvel superhero film complete with super powered villain origins?

It probably has to do with the time they raced a russian submarine.* Everyone knows radiation leaks are the key to unlocking super powers.

*Just because I didn't watch most of the movies doesn't mean I didn't see the trailers.

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, JB0 said:

It probably has to do with the time they raced a russian submarine.* Everyone knows radiation leaks are the key to unlocking super powers.

Or the key to why all the guys in this franchise are bald.

Edited by eXis10z

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have no doubt this will be hilariously entertaining to watch, but I think films like this should come with a "writer recommended" list of illicit medications and hallucinogens to make sure the viewer experience matches what the writers saw in their heads when they conceived of it. :lol: 

Agreed. I'm going to see this by myself at some point in the theater just to have two hours of shut my brain off/eat junk food and just NOT CARE.  I'm basically going for one reason, Johnson and Statham have great chemistry together on screen, no denying that, and they are both good action movie stars. I'm all in. The F&F franchise skidded of the rails many movies ago, someone just got the bright idea to "turn into the spin!" Bring it on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...