[DC] Birds of Prey

Old_Nash

A little teaser about the upcoming movie

We can see Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Huntress), Jurnee Smollet-Bell (Black Canary), Ella Jay Basco (Cassandra Cain), Rosie Perez (Renee Montoya) e Ewan McGregor (Black Mask).

Birds of Prey come out in February of 2020.

Edited by Old_Nash

• 5 months later...
  • Old_Nash changed the title to [DC] Birds of Prey

Whenever I hear the title Birds of Prey, I think of the old TV series first, and then the Klingon BoP. I still have yet to see Suicide Squad and don't have much draw to do so. Unless it stars, Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Wonder Woman and such, I'm not much interested in second stringers.

12 hours ago, Thom said:

Whenever I hear the title Birds of Prey, I think of the old TV series first, and then the Klingon BoP. I still have yet to see Suicide Squad and don't have much draw to do so. Unless it stars, Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Wonder Woman and such, I'm not much interested in second stringers.

I haven't seen the old TV show. But I want to check it out. I have a good run of the comics which are pretty good. The Black Canary, Huntress, and Orcale / Batgirl team is cool.

Suicide Squad isn't anything to really check out. Harley is the best thing about the movie. Batman's few scenes are pretty good too but they are quick. The movie also has a blink and you'll miss it reference to Robin in this DC Universe. Which again just shows how sloppy the whole thing is.

Edited by JetJockey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was actually hearing that Robbie’s new movie was actually good, but that no one went to see it due to a name confusion. Personally, I haven’t seen it yet since suicide squad and the dc universe overall  isn’t all that great and just doesn’t excite me much. I guess I feel like that entire universe is probably gonna get a full reboot soon so I don’t have an attachment to it. Although if someone convinces me to watch it I’ll check it out. But I don’t know anyone that saw it yet either because they hated the first part or didn’t even realize this one was out.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I was actually hearing that Robbie’s new movie was actually good, but that no one went to see it due to a name confusion.

Who would Lie to you like that?:diablo:

Started as 'Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.' But is now, 'Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.'

The first one was pretty wordy, and would depend on viewers knowing that Birds of Prey refer to DC comic characters. The second is more to the point and probably what they should have started out with, but any name change, esp during initial release, is a bad idea.

28 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

Feminists. 

I was going for industry shills and access "journalists", but yea, some of them too!:D

either way I'm likely to get dragged to this flick this weekend.. I hope its not the same level of disappointing that suicide squad was

Edited by slide

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

Did anyone here go to see it? The only comments I’ve seen are in a Batman thread. I just thought it weird that a brand new comic book movie came out and good or bad, no one added to this thread. Maybe the interest was just that low.

I had the choice with some friends between this and Sonic, we did Sonic, it was pretty fun. I do think the interest was just really low for this one, coming off the steaming pile that was Suicide Squad, I'm not too surprised, though I've read this is much better then that. 

Meh!  When the Studio changes the title of a movie, in a panic, after its release, you know it's a dud... if not an outright dumpster fire.

Birds of Prey: The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn ... really?  Who was the Mensa luminary who came up with that pile of garbage and thought is rolled off the tongue and actually improved things?...

11 hours ago, Big s said:

Did anyone here go to see it? The only comments I’ve seen are in a Batman thread. I just thought it weird that a brand new comic book movie came out and good or bad, no one added to this thread. Maybe the interest was just that low.

I thought it was at least fairly fun, but nothing truly amazing. And the Birds of Prey element only really comes together for the final act of it.

So far you’re the only one to admit giving it a chance. Again I’m really surprised that a new big franchise movie had so little interest that there isn’t even a few people complaining about what could have been better other than the fact that the title was stupid.

even with how much most people weren’t satisfied with the previous Star Wars films, people still went to the new one, and page after page of nitpicking and complaining followed.

I kinda feel bad that very few people cared to see it and the only opinions I’ve seen are from actual movie reviewers.

9 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

I thought it was at least fairly fun, but nothing truly amazing. And the Birds of Prey element only really comes together for the final act of it.

Same, had a Guy Ritche feel to it with an added glitter bomb. It was fun seeing Rosie Perez kicking tail and Mcgregor played an excellent psychopath. I can see him as Barry in a LA Archer if they ever do one.

Only had two issues, Huntress seemed to be tacted on as a character even though her history was important to the plot and the rather thick layer of toxic masculinity that the main villains showed. I get that was the point, but was a bit too thick for my taste.

29 minutes ago, Big s said:

So far you’re the only one to admit giving it a chance. Again I’m really surprised that a new big franchise movie had so little interest that there isn’t even a few people complaining about what could have been better other than the fact that the title was stupid.

even with how much most people weren’t satisfied with the previous Star Wars films, people still went to the new one, and page after page of nitpicking and complaining followed.

I kinda feel bad that very few people cared to see it and the only opinions I’ve seen are from actual movie reviewers.

I went and saw Shazam, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman in theaters, but those looked like fun, Birds of Prey just didn't look like much fun from the first trailer. I really liked Margot as Harley too, she was one of the only decent parts of Suicide Squad, I'll catch this on HBO eventually. Friends who saw it liked it for the most part, at minimum they said it was better than Suicide Squad, at worst, some said it was as middling as BvS. 

Edited by Tking22

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I figured it seemed fun and I've spent far, far more money on far, far stupider things. Did wait and go to a matinee showing at least. 

14 hours ago, Focslain said:

Same, had a Guy Ritche feel to it with an added glitter bomb. It was fun seeing Rosie Perez kicking tail and Mcgregor played an excellent psychopath. I can see him as Barry in a LA Archer if they ever do one.

Only had two issues, Huntress seemed to be tacted on as a character even though her history was important to the plot and the rather thick layer of toxic masculinity that the main villains showed. I get that was the point, but was a bit too thick for my taste.

The running gag with Huntress and her name and not getting to say it before victims die after calling her something else was hilarious if nothing else. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...