Help me with my broken Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Toy

lichapel

I had purchased "Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Mass Production Movie Version 30th Anniversary".

Unfortunately, I had broken my VF-1A toy due to my own stupidity.

Please help me. I had paid a lot of money to purchase the figure on Amazon, so the broken part had made me very sad.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement part for my VF-1A?

Can I contact Arcadia, and ask them to send me a replacement part?

PLEASE HELP ME.......

Any chance for some photos of the damage?

And I doubt Arcadia would help you as you brought an item from a defunct company which hasn't been made for years. Even if they could help you unless you brought from them and are in Japan they will not help. I learnt this when I broke the backpack on a Arcadia Miria and I contacted both support and Mr K and neither would help me out.

Edited by Saviant

Do you have a part list? I want to know the part number of that broken part.

Anyway, it is the inside of the body where the arms rotate around. (see the attached picture)

I was SO EXTREMELY stupid.  I use a nail clipper to cut out the stoppers that stop the arms from falling down when transforming into the robot mode.  I did that because I was told that the shoulders are fragile, and I do not want to pull on the arms over the stopper when transforming into a robot.  So, I cut the stoppers out.

And now, I regret BIG TIME, because both arms keep dropping down in the robot mode without the stoppers.  Please help me; I need the replacement part so bad.

broken part.jpg

1 hour ago, lichapel said:

Do you have a part list? I want to know the part number of that broken part.

Anyway, it is the inside of the body where the arms rotate around. (see the attached picture)

I was SO EXTREMELY stupid.  I use a nail clipper to cut out the stoppers that stop the arms from falling down when transforming into the robot mode.  I did that because I was told that the shoulders are fragile, and I do not want to pull on the arms over the stopper when transforming into a robot.  So, I cut the stoppers out.

And now, I regret BIG TIME, because both arms keep dropping down in the robot mode without the stoppers.  Please help me; I need the replacement part so bad.

broken part.jpg

Could you use the Option Parts to keep the shoulders from falling down in battroid mode?

Try installing the option-parts to maybe keep the arms from sagging in battroid-mode. Not really sure if it will. tho.

Otherwise, you will just have to try to hunt down another VF-1A Brownie or two.

They show up from time to time at the usual japan import-shops.

Maybe even here in the MWF sales-sections.

Somebody there prolly might have a broken Brownie that can help you.

Edited by treatment

This is all Yamoto's fault....

Why use a stopper??? The shoulder is fragile enough, and Yamoto wants us to pull on it more??? No wonder it had become a defunct company, because they don't use their brain.  I can do a better design.  Take a look at the new DX Chogokin VF-1J, its shoulders can be slid out and in, instead of needing to forcefully pull on the shoulder and rotate.

That is why Namco Bandai wins and Yamoto had been defunct.

Serve them right, useless Yamoto company, they should have been defunct a lot earlier, so I don't need to buy their useless product!!

Haha, it only took Bandai 35 years to come up with this superior arm mechanism on a premium Valk while copying a bunch of things off of that terrible Yamato company. I mean, everyone should start cutting parts off their toys and then blame the company when it doesn’t work out.

Sorry, the situation sucks and I hope it gets worked out. I hope that last post was just a vent out of frustration. 

Edited by Slave IV

Sorry something like this happened. The part number using the the assembly kit is B05. However, even if you manage to snag that part, you'd still have to color match it and take the valk apart. 

In hindsight it would've been best to research about the shoulder issue before attempting any modifications. Seeing that it's a 30th anniversary VF-1A CF Movie, they already fixed that shoulder issue by then. 

I would've recommended looking at fellow MW Jenius's site anymoon.com but it appears that the chart list for what releases are good is missing and the picture with all the releases outer boxes doesn't have the red text highlighted, which notes which ones to avoid (at least on my computer).

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I would've recommended looking at fellow MW Jenius's site anymoon.com but it appears that the chart list for what releases are good is missing and the picture with all the releases outer boxes doesn't have the red text highlighted, which notes which ones to avoid (at least on my computer).

I think it's because he used a maroon red which doesn't stand out as much.  I can barely see the difference on my laptop but can see it clearer on my iPad.

As already said, the best option would be to hunt down a broken VF-1A brownie (movie and TV brown look the same as far as I can tell) and swipe the backplate underside from it. Barring that, any white VF-1 backplate painted brown to match would be the other option. The underside of the backplate is not that prominent (at least in fighter mode) so it shouldn't stand out.

Hum, that looks pretty easy to fix to me:

Clean the cut with a cutter, to make it flat, then glue with cyanolite glue (super glue) a small piece of card board (or plastic card) the size of the missing tab. Reinforce it with a mix of cyanolite glue + baby powder if needed. And you should be good.

Sand or cut with the cutter the excess of material, put some brown paint on it to make it perfect.

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

Hum, that looks pretty easy to fix to me:

Clean the cut with a cutter, to make it flat, then glue with cyanolite glue (super glue) a small piece of card board (or plastic card) the size of the missing tab. Reinforce it with a mix of cyanolite glue + baby powder if needed. And you should be good.

Sand or cut with the cutter the excess of material, put some brown paint on it to make it perfect.

One of my VF-1J Hikaru took a dive (actually the cleaning lady bumped it) and broke one of the tabs. I found the little white plastic under the bed and glued it with CA glue.

Reinforced it with excess CA glue and since then it has survived numerous transformations. My other 1J is sporting GBP armor.

As Xigfrid said, cutting a small piece of plastic should be enough.

13 hours ago, lichapel said:

This is all Yamoto's fault....

Why use a stopper??? The shoulder is fragile enough, and Yamoto wants us to pull on it more??? No wonder it had become a defunct company, because they don't use their brain.  I can do a better design.  Take a look at the new DX Chogokin VF-1J, its shoulders can be slid out and in, instead of needing to forcefully pull on the shoulder and rotate.

That is why Namco Bandai wins and Yamoto had been defunct.

Serve them right, useless Yamoto company, they should have been defunct a lot earlier, so I don't need to buy their useless product!!

lol^_^

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well, I want to thank everyone for trying to help.

For now, I just secure a screw there as a stopper, but I regret buying it.  If I am given a choice again, I would had bought the new DX Chogokin VF-1J with a much better design.

But again, I was the idiot, and I was to blame. 

Again, thank you everyone.