1/12 INBIT PROJECT PROPOSAL

13 hours ago, captain america said:

Crabby godness!!

The figure holds together with no glue, just the tension of the ball-joints!

Truly, Cap, you're one of the masters :hail:

I do wonder at times if designers from other Toy Companies ever come here & see these amazing creations then ask themselves "Why can't we make something that's this sturdy and looks this good?" 

Fantastic job Captain! B))

On 3/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, captain america said:

Crabby godness!!

The figure holds together with no glue, just the tension of the ball-joints! Will have pics of the clear parts early next week ^_^

Awesome work Capt! 

How many transparent parts are there?

7 hours ago, Tober said:

Awesome work Capt! 

How many transparent parts are there?

Three: the eye, and two forearm blaster covers.

505thAirborne: from the looks of it, Sentinel seems to be paying attention, as can be evidenced by the saddle-packs and Gallant weapons to be included wth their upcoming Blow Superior release. They certainly get my approval for upping their game, as well as making great products.

With regards to the Malar, it's definitely sturdy by garage kit standards, but it ultimately remains a kit. It goes together very nicely though, and the ball-joint tension is easily adjustable: sand the ball very lightly to reduce tension, or add a thin bead of CA glue to the inner rim f the socket cup to increase tension. 

Oh, and just by-the-by I realized that this year marks the 15th anniversary of my garage kit making.

Edited by captain america

I don't know if Sentinel got a set of your Motorcycle Freak parts to check out the engineering, but I know they were considering saddle bags and even the bazooka before Stick's release. I think they decided it'd be a crafty marketing move to sell more Blrough Superiors and bring attention to any Sticks and Rays languishing on the store shelves to package more stuff with Yellow. Fortunately, they didn't choose the Wonderfest exclusive route. The Inbit seem a non-starter... it's hard enough to get Mospeada hero mecha made.. Maybe someday some sofubi Inbit will come out or something. 

23 hours ago, captain america said:

505thAirborne: from the looks of it, Sentinel seems to be paying attention, as can be evidenced by the saddle-packs and Gallant weapons to be included with their upcoming Blow Superior release. They certainly get my approval for upping their game, as well as making great products.

In that case that's one heck of a compliment on Sentinel's part if they we're inspired by your craftsmanship. Who know's maybe your Inbit mecha will be a further influence on them. B))

Quick Friday update. Helper Crabb kits are cast and will be shipping starting Monday. I also wanted to provide a few pictures of the sensor-eye. It's molded as all one piece, with the sensor shape molded as a cavity on the inside. I added a coat of clear red which shows the detail in a very subtle way, but you can use silver/gun metal paint on the inside if you want the sensor to be more prominent.

IMG_1293.thumb.jpg.d80f74397fe39e4a91c1426918f56f42.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

It really looks great. I wish I could afford one. I didn’t have enough money for the dx vf1 max that went for preorder last night either. The fact that the kit has poseable joints is super cool. The sculpt looks amazing.

keep up the amazing work. Maybe I’ll get a raise for the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

Check your mailboxes, guys!  :D

371428165_helpercrabb.thumb.jpg.d221c8d543026814a4548aa3c84d8720.jpg

On 3/30/2019 at 1:23 AM, captain america said:

The figure holds together with no glue, just the tension of the ball-joints! 

It's true!  The ball joints are awesome, Cap'n.  :good: