Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

23 hours ago, Mommar said:

Slight correction.  This is the first re-issue from Arcadia.  Yamato had two runs of it prior.  This one has more Tampo though.

Thanks Mommar, that’s right. I forgot about the Yamato reissue of the VE-1 without the rainbow canopy. 

Wouldn’t it be great if Arcadia could revive the rainbow canopy design in the PF version??? 

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Arcadia could revive the rainbow canopy design in the PF version??? 

Now, now. Be careful what you wish for. You don’t want to give Arcadia any ideas to re-release their Premium Finish Valks and apply the rainbow tint treatment on the canopies and start calling it their Ultimate Finish. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I know the rainbow canopies had their problems but I’m  Willing to give them another shot. 

There is the Yammie v.2 30th VE-1 up for grabs on Manda for 28k yen if your interested (provided that you don't already have the Yammie version already).  :rolleyes:

Edited by borgified

3 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

:wub:

Can't wait to get my hands on my copy, dig up the HMR VE-1 (still in the box) from storage and take pics along with it!  

Edit: Based on the pics above, no side fillers for Battroid mode (for those who want to display it in that mode)?     

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nothing from amazon yet :/

I think I get an email from Amazon every other week about this release... you should check your spam folder. My last email told me the 25th IIRC.

Last one I got was 6 days ago:

English follows Japanese (Following the Japanese, where you will find a guide in English) 

Amazon.co.jp We available, Thank you. 

Items in your order is, we are excited to announce will be able to deliver ahead of schedule. 
(Order date: 2019-01-32) (order number: ############) 

Products with the new delivery date in your order is as follows. 
"You are Macross Love, remember or 1/60 complete deformation VE-1 Erinto Seeker Premium Finish" 
Delivery date: 2019-05-27 - 2019-05-30 

The latest delivery date, the account service ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/your-account You can check in). 

Dear Customer:. We are pleased to report that the item (s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment. 

The E-mail address is delivered only. If you have any questions, please contact us from the following URL to customer service. 

Spoiler

English follows Japanese(日本語に続き、英語でのご案内があります)

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

ご注文いただいた商品が、予定より早くお届けできることになりましたのでお知らせいたします。
(注文日:2019-01-32) (注文番号:############)

ご注文いただいた商品と新しいお届け予定日は以下のとおりです。
  "超時空要塞マクロス 愛・おぼえていますか 1/60 完全変形 VE-1 エリントシーカー Premium Finish"
    お届け予定日: 2019-05-27 - 2019-05-30

最新のお届け予定日は、アカウントサービス( http://www.amazon.co.jp/your-account )でご確認いただけます。

Dear Customer: We are pleased to report that the item(s) in your order indicated above will be sent sooner than expected. When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment.

このEメールアドレスは配信専用です。ご不明な点は、下記のURLからカスタマーサービスまでお問い合わせください。

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Man, gotta wonder how long it's going to take for Amazon Japan to ship out. They're usually one of the first to go.

Go to Amazon, click "your orders" and scroll to the item. If you haven't been getting the emails, you'll see the dates on there. It looks like they're not expecting it for a few more days.

I have two coming from different sources, and at least one is due on Tuesday. Been wanting a VE-1 for some time, just for its uniqueness, and now I'll have one for display and a spare. I think these will probably be the last VF-1 toys I buy. I'm hoping Bandai will stretch into new territory and make some of the valks that have never had toys before, and a YF-21  to go with their 19.

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

Still no shipping from Amazon on my VE-1 or SHF Ronin yet.

I'm not expecting Ronin 'til tomorrow, but Amazon delivered my VE-1 today:

arrived.thumb.jpg.0dc29708f3ade3c0eeba7774a58b8aeb.jpg

So let's play "Yamato vs. Arcadia!"

1603706888_firstglance.thumb.jpg.284da757ab68c925acd0896087c748ee.jpg

At first glance, they're nigh-identical... The only significant difference is the rainbow canopy on the Yamato, and the painted eye on the Arcadia boosters.

1835937855_yammiecockpit.thumb.jpg.a473dd168dc02e7e153b929799b07b01.jpg

By Yamato standards, their VE-1 was already "premium finish," with tampographed warnings, numbers, and insignia other releases didn't get...

1675498456_Arcadycockpit.thumb.jpg.e62b094bc65fc99258cf2d09255abd03.jpg

Arcadia's added even more, however... and even a couple new painted details.

318280121_nostep.thumb.jpg.efc7d4402520d12550e19c608cc323f3.jpg

Does each wing need TWELVE identical "no step" warnings?

wings.thumb.jpg.22a5ada5db02a15f83950e816f1e94df.jpg

Maybe not, but it looks much better than none at all.

2041473589_Yammieboosters.thumb.jpg.f1d0ad20d3dd5668fa75a698cd439fff.jpg

Note the Yamato already had UN Spacy markings on the FAST packs...

1467067110_arcadyboosters.thumb.jpg.d1d63fc29814170bbc8bb70b8fe77a84.jpg

...but again, Arcadia included more tampo and additional paint app's.

916657361_pilotcolors.thumb.jpg.1cb33dc1d4b25f23b0ca3cc430eace61.jpg

The only significant difference in color is the pilot uniforms...

graphics.thumb.jpg.ddc919f1b712a3de394aae896c537107.jpg

...and surprisingly enough,  a minor difference in the cockpit graphics.

bonus.thumb.jpg.5cfff3fc5a808cc00ea00a6d3d268dd0.jpg

Perhaps most importantly of all, Arcadia included bonus parts the original Yamato release never came with.  :good:

12 minutes ago, Bolt said:

If any..

I did say perhaps..

Sorry, thought I missed something. I think the most major difference is the screw covers they put in the legs now... which are honestly annoying because access to that screw is crucial if you have a landing gear door pop out. Other than that it's all about the tiny painted details.