Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

On 3/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

As far as I am aware, they will bill me credit card just prior to shipping to me.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

They don't request payment, they charge your listed payment method just before it ships, and if that doesn't go through they email you to fix it.

Thanks for the replies! April should be good to go. Haven't preordered anything in ages, but been waiting for either 1/60 v2 VE/VT/VF-1D. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Kind of surprised that a Yamato v2 Elintseeker sold earlier today from Mandarake for 30,000 yen, given that one can pre-order the Arcadia upcoming release for much less money.

Made me think as well. Mad me assume there is market for Yamato only collection

14 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Made me think as well. Mad me assume there is market for Yamato only collection

Or maybe the buyer did not realize Arcadia is going to release the Elintseeker soon, and thought 30,000 yen was cheap given how expensive they used to be prior to the pre-order news.

35 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Kind of surprised that a Yamato v2 Elintseeker sold earlier today from Mandarake for 30,000 yen, given that one can pre-order the Arcadia upcoming release for much less money.

Some people really like the old Yammie tinted canopies.

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The buyer might not be aware that a reissue is being released soon.

Or maybe the buyer is securing one just in case the Arcadia version has QC problems or has some minor, undesirable design change.

17 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

The buyer might not be aware that a reissue is being released soon.

Or maybe the buyer is securing one just in case the Arcadia version has QC problems or has some minor, undesirable design change.

Honestly, the Yamao VE-1 is probably at the lowest price it'll ever be right now. Might dip again slightly right after Arcadia's release, but then it'll climb back up; and the Arcadia ones will start climbing as well once the shelves are clear (based off every other Arcadia release).

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Or maybe the buyer did not realize Arcadia is going to release the Elintseeker soon, and thought 30,000 yen was cheap given how expensive they used to be prior to the pre-order news.

Yeah I had no idea until like a week ago. I was just searching macross on NY and came across it.  So if I was in the market before then I may have paid more not knowing. 

6 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Yeah I had no idea until like a week ago. I was just searching macross on NY and came across it.  So if I was in the market before then I may have paid more not knowing. 

And that's why you have to 'lurk' this forum first like most people do. So you'll keep yourself updated no matter what and not fall into some scalpers' wet dreams. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And that's why you have to 'lurk' this forum first like most people do. So you'll keep yourself updated no matter what and not fall into some scalpers' wet dreams. :rolleyes:

I have been slacking with the general lurking even though I’m still on here at least once a day. 

9 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I have been slacking with the general lurking even though I’m still on here at least once a day. 

Just once a day?  I generally have a MWF tab open whenever I am on the computer.... in class, at the lab, and at home.

I don't feel so much like a lurker and more like I came over one day, claimed 2 closets, moved all my stuff over, and raided the freezer of all the ice cream while watching TV 24x7.

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just once a day?  I generally have a MWF tab open whenever I am on the computer.... in class, at the lab, and at home.

I don't feel so much like a lurker and more like I came over one day, claimed 2 closets, moved all my stuff over, and raided the freezer of all the ice cream while watching TV 24x7.

Well that would explain the mint chocolate chip gone missing...

On 4/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, rdrunner said:

According to Amazon Japan, the scheduled release date is April 30th.

Whoops, just now saw this - thanks @rdrunner

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

I just hope it stays as April 30th and not delayed for another month

I'm fine either way - wallet dead now, or wallet dead later. So many upcoming preorders to pay for. :lol:

-b.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lolicon said:

I didn't say canopy. :rolleyes:

Only downside there is that the PF cockpit might have more markings than the original Yammie, but the VE-1 already had more than most other Yamato releases, so it might not be that different.  I think it should at least still have the modex and standard cockpit markings (triangles, rescue markings, etc).

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Only downside there is that the PF cockpit might have more markings than the original Yammie, but the VE-1 already had more than most other Yamato releases, so it might not be that different.  I think it should at least still have the modex and standard cockpit markings (triangles, rescue markings, etc).

That won't be an issue. I have tons of decals and even on PF releases I always end up adding even more decals in addition to all the tampo printing. Not even the Bandai 1/48 escaped my need to add additional markings.