Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

10 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i personally hate  the insignia on the fast packs.

looks cheap, i'd prefer if they were grey kites matching the low viz kites below the canopy.

or just blank 

Hey David, I'll trade you my non-PF fast packs with no insignias for your cheap insignia fast packs if you like. Not kidding.

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey David, I'll trade you my non-PF fast packs with no insignias for your cheap insignia fast packs if you like. Not kidding.

but i don't even have the cheap insignia one:wacko: (yet!) (i have yamato rainbow and also the 30th) on the fence with triple dipping.

i see a few left on amazon but the crushed boxes scare me:unsure:

VE-1 rainbow canopy already had a high print tampo more than any other valk aside from the Mass Production VF-1J

but the no step marking are very attractive and i might go for it!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Sounds like you're not pegging them into the backpack.

They're connected, the whole thing still slides right off

EDIT: Just checked, the boosters were pegged into the backpack but I didn't realize the backpack wasn't pegging into the Valkyrie itself. Seems like a really big piece to be held on by such little plastic pegs, but I guess that's Japanese toys for ya. Thanks.

Edited by Valkyrie Griffon

Oh forgot to say. Absolutely love it. I had the original Yamato release and sold it along with the Super Ostrich years ago to "make space". This was ~2013/2014 and they were both New in Box; suffice to say  I've regretted that decision so I am thrilled to have this bird back in the collection. It seems to me that it looks much better than I recall the Yamato version looking. Super hopeful for an Ostrich now!

On 5/30/2019 at 5:27 AM, anubis20 said:

Are the forearm bits easier to take off this time around? I remember on the Yamato reissue it was really tough to get them off. 

I don't have the yammie, but they're a pain in the ass to try to remove on my Arcadia.

I just leave them on for now.  Maybe I can use a blowdryer to soften 'em up a bit for successful removal later.

Edited by treatment

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Griffon said:

They're connected, the whole thing still slides right off

EDIT: Just checked, the boosters were pegged into the backpack but I didn't realize the backpack wasn't pegging into the Valkyrie itself. Seems like a really big piece to be held on by such little plastic pegs, but I guess that's Japanese toys for ya. Thanks.

YAY!  Glad you were able to resolve the problem.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Lolicon said:

Yeah, I'm gonna detail her up before putting her back on the Yeti stand, since it was an ordeal taking everything down.

Tip: don't leave the landing gear doors open when trying to pull the legs out of fighter lock. :unsure: 

879222254_VE-1wound.jpg.020a7919bc6b380e052942f8ca7bbe8a.jpg

may i suggest you change to a different hand soap? or use lotion.

dry skin could inadvertently sand off the tampo paint on the premium versions. haha. jk

1 hour ago, Double Spy said:

When your arrived did it rattle inside with parts? I got my amazon order and noticed it. Should I be worried?

Don't fret.. It's the filler pieces for the arms and the neck. If you have any Arcadia VF-1 valks, then it should be norm.

5 hours ago, valhary said:

I received mine is beautiful not have any complaints or problems with the fastpack near to perfection

IMG_1591.jpeg

Hmm.. Does anyone else see somewhat of a resemblance of the Power Loader when Ripley is attacking the Alien Queen (or it is it me only). :huh:

Note: Pic from Toyark.

NECA-Aliens-Power-Loader-045.jpg

On 6/1/2019 at 1:02 AM, treatment said:

I don't have the yammie, but they're a pain in the ass to try to remove on my Arcadia.

I just leave them on for now.  Maybe I can use a blowdryer to soften 'em up a bit for successful removal later.

Damn so it didnt change. Using a guitar pick looking piece from a cellphone repair kit was the only way I was able to get them off. 

I want to say that I remember one side of the arm having an angled peg in the recess for the gunpod that the arm packs snap into, to help let you roll the packs in one direction away from the arm, but I might be imagining things.

The pick is probably your best bet all around, you just need to lift one latch past that tab and then rotate the entire pack away.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, tekering said:

bonus.thumb.jpg.5cfff3fc5a808cc00ea00a6d3d268dd0.jpg

Perhaps most importantly of all, Arcadia included bonus parts the original Yamato release never came with.  :good:

Interestingly, I got this:Dsc00789a.jpg.88ec646232d31592ae3aa319d5c4efb1.jpg

My seat gimmick assembly is just friction fit together.  I can pull the entire thing apart. It disassembled itself when it came out of it's bag during shipping. I'm somewhat sure that most of my other Arcadia Valkyries have the correct neck filler plate, but i'm not 100% sure.  No biggie though, I will most likely not use the part.  Most of my Valkyries are in their boxes as I have very limited display space.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The lengths I go to for a rainbow canopy... :unknw:

1433790002_VE-1rainbowcanopywip.jpg.277b99d39c68635af557115e75c614ff.jpg

That looks crazy to put everything up to the premium finish level!

Perhaps you can try out one of these vinyl films, they look easy to apply. I am sure there are high quality ones that would do a great job for scale model. I have very basic and dark chamaleon (and gold) film at home, I really should give it a try too!

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That looks crazy to put everything up to the premium finish level!

Perhaps you can try out one of these vinyl films, they look easy to apply. I am sure there are high quality ones that would do a great job for scale model. I have very basic and dark chamaleon (and gold) film at home, I really should give it a try too!

I did try one of these. Not sure if they are all the same/similar.

The one I have tried is the cheap version mean for car headlight. the effect is ok, not as good as the "original".

But the big problem is to get the thick film to conform to the curve of the canopy. I have given up for now, but plan to come back to this with a vacuum forming rig. If I head he film enough, might be able to vacuum form it to a mold copied from the canopy (or risk using an actual canopy). 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Hmmm is there a thinner version? For something as small as a VF-1 canopy, I imagine it will be super hard to get it to conform to the curvature. Even Yamato had a hard time getting their film to stay on properly.

I was told the costlier 3M version is thinner. Not sure by how much.

The one I have is thicker than paper. I will need to measure it to be sure, but it seems like about 0.1mm.

Not sure what Yamato use in their canopy, but from photo online of those that disintegrated, they look to be super thin. Like, cling film thin.