Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just got my DHL tracking info from AmazonJP.

Can't wait to own my 3rd Elintseeker, with even more markings!

Tracking number received from DHL as well. ETA Wednesday. This thing is worth having a whole detolf shelf space to itself. 

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Can't wait to own my 3rd Elintseeker, with even more markings!

I was gonna just replace my old Yammie with Arcadia's PF version ('cause space is definitely at a premium), but I think I may actually display them together...

1892833139_unexpecteddisplayoption.thumb.jpg.7fed1eabfdc4b76a641e7bad2a3e3989.jpg

Even without the sensor package and FAST packs, it's quite a striking VF variant.  ^_^

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

I was gonna just replace my old Yammie with Arcadia's PF version ('cause space is definitely at a premium), but I think I may actually display them together...

1892833139_unexpecteddisplayoption.thumb.jpg.7fed1eabfdc4b76a641e7bad2a3e3989.jpg

Even without the sensor package and FAST packs, it's quite a striking VF variant.  ^_^

Psst, you want the second one in Gerwalk...

17 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Didn't the 2nd release Yamato 30th Anniversary edition have the option parts as well?

All written down in the blog.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

For easier reading purposes:  

" Elintseeker & Super Ostrich (4/5) +.5 for 30th anniversary Elintseeker
The Elintseeker and Super Ostrich vehicles weren’t known for carry armaments and so Yamato deleted a few of the otherwise traditional accessories with these gift-sets. Inside the tray you get:
2) Gun with collapsible stock and handle
3) 4 sets of TV style missiles (which can be removed from their tree like the 1/48 TV-style missiles)
4) 4 sets of DYRL? box missiles (which can not be opened like the 1/48 DYRL missiles)
2) A copilot figure
3) Unique super parts
There was a 30th anniversary release for the Elintseeker which included the option parts as outlined before but since there’s less weaponry the total count of cool stuff in the box drops a bit:
9) Side/armpit covers
10) Seat to simulate exposed pilot in battroid mode with head leaned forward
11) Neck cover
The instruction manual is also unique to each release."  

Hopefully that helps. ;)

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Quick question about Yamcadia VF-1 toys. Does wearing the super/strike parts cause any problems with the hips loosening over time if I display it like that for a while? 

No. But even if it does, the Yamato VF-1 (v2) Valkyries is one of the easiest figure to fix.

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No. But even if it does, the Yamato VF-1 (v2) Valkyries is one of the easiest figure to fix.

Is this the nail polish method? I tried clear nail polish on one of my v2 vf-1 hips, but that only lasted a couple movement of the hips.. :(

Edited by Foblander

23 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Is this the nail polish method? I tried clear nail polish on one of my v2 vf-1 hips, but that only lasted a couple movement of the hips.. :(

Yes. But what I meant overall is that it's one of the easiest one to fix. You don't need to pry some parts in order to access what needed to be fix. So even if you don't add on weights on the toy itself and just got loose from transforming, then it's still easy to fix it.

If the nail polish doesn't work, I add a small tiny silicon rubber just to have the joint tighter once you screw it back.

Regarding on what's the other way on how to fix it, check our dxisting Maintenance thread for any advices or insight:

35 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Could you show us a picture(s) of  the "loose hips" on your VF-1v2?

Maybe something else got jacked in that part that the nail-polish thing cannot address.

I'm interested since none of my yammie-v2s has any looseness. 

Better to really see what you're specifically talking about to prevent similar things on ours.

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

Could you show us a picture(s) of  the "loose hips" on your VF-1v2?

Maybe something else got jacked in that part that the nail-polish thing cannot address.

I'm interested since none of my yammie-v2s has any looseness. 

Better to really see what you're specifically talking about to prevent similar things on ours.

I think it's just the nail polish weakening and coming off when I move the leg around. I didn't see anything jacking things up when I opened it up.

24 minutes ago, jenius said:

As a reviewer I can say I'm not very excited to review this... Everyone already knows everything there is to know about it.

For what it is worth, just thinking about @jenius reviewing the PF Elintseeker gets me VERY excited!

That might have come out a little weird...

A ha! Manda has a listing for the PF VE-1 already at 30k yen!

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1112735558&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

My copy is being delivered sometime today as it already passed the DHL sorting hub in Vancouver, B.C. (not in Washington State folks)

Received my VE-1 yesterday (thanks DHL!). It looks fantastic. I was surprised though by some of the fit and looseness. The backpack boosters are ever so slightly bowed out. I've checked the alignment and part placement multiple times but nothing I do seems to keep them in the proper position. The backpack itself slides up and down (battroid)/ forward and back (fighter) too easily and doesn't lock into place. I have to adjust it every time I do something with the valk. The shoulder hinges are loose enough to almost be floppy. The heat shield is looser than any other valk I own and came off of the track a couple of times. The hip bar hinge is also looser than any other valk I own and was pretty floppy during transformation.

All in all these are just minor annoyances but they were unexpected when compared to any other Yamacadia I own, especially with this one fresh out of the box. I don't own any of the original Yamato VE-1's so I'm not sure if any of these issues are just carry over from those versions.

edit - also forgot to mention the wrist hinges, both the one that flips out and the one on the DYRL hands, are pretty loose. Thankfully this valk doesn't need to hold anything.

Edited by Boobytrap

8 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Received my VE-1 yesterday (thanks DHL!). It looks fantastic. I was surprised though by some of the fit and looseness. The backpack boosters are ever so slightly bowed out. I've checked the alignment and part placement multiple times but nothing I do seems to keep them in the proper position. The backpack itself slides up and down (battroid)/ forward and back (fighter) too easily and doesn't lock into place. I have to adjust it every time I do something with the valk. The shoulder hinges are loose enough to almost be floppy. The heat shield is looser than any other valk I own and came off of the track a couple of times. The hip bar hinge is also looser than any other valk I own and was pretty floppy during transformation.

All in all these are just minor annoyances but they were unexpected when compared to any other Yamacadia I own, especially with this one fresh out of the box. I don't own any of the original Yamato VE-1's so I'm not sure if any of these issues are just carry over from those versions.

Can you post pictures of this booster bowing and looseness issues?

10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Can you post pictures of this booster bowing and looseness issues?

Here's a picture of the bowing. The one on the left side of the picture isn't too bad (although it doesn't always stay like that). The one on the right I can't seem to do anything with though. Another thing you can see with that picture that I forgot to mention is that the dish leans a little to the right.

IMG_0557.thumb.JPG.b81abfe60b32a8fe83d4c9e3a9e77272.JPG 

Not sure how to take a picture of something being loose. did you want a picture of the areas I was talking about?

Mine arrived earlier today. Looks nice with all the markings. I haven't seen mine without the extra parts on since I first got it, and I'd forgotten how cool it looked even without all the extra add-on parts. I think I might have to keep the second one just to display in plain fighter.

Welp, time to swap the canopies!

644770822_VE-1PF01.jpg.014fe6e1d8794ec6b59eaad6f3175b11.jpg