Arcadia 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker Premium Finish

Shizuka the Cat

A quick question if I may.

For those have the Yammie V.2 VE-1 30th Anniversary and getting Arcadia's PE version, there has been no mention of the fillers (neck and chest) and the two pilot/co-pilot  seat attachment part (from the Yammie 30th version) to be added for Arcadia's corrrect?

From what we understand, Arcadia's release of the VF-1 valks, the filler parts are bundled with the valks sans the rainbow tint.

@jenius: Are you going to do a update review/comparison of the VT-1 both the Yammie and Arcadia's when time allows? ^_^

Edited by borgified

From Arcadia:

付属品:パイロットフィギュア2種/交換用手首/ブースターユニット/プロペラントタンク/センサーブロック/補助バックパック/レドームユニット/形状補完パーツ/バトロイド用乗降シートパーツ(複座)/スタンド用アタッチメント/取り扱い説明書 ■企画協力/設計:株式会社ティーレックス(元木博行)

Accessories: 2 types of pilot figure / replacement wrist / booster unit / propellant tank / sensor block / auxiliary backpack / radome unit / shape complementary parts / passenger seat seat for batroid (double seat) / stand attachment / instruction manual ■ Planning cooperation / design: Tirex Corporation (Motoki Hiroyuki)

I remember having some trouble with my original release, but I believe it was related to which way I tried to rock the armor.  I'd have to pull out my original Yamato release to check, but I think the locking nubs on one side of the arm are angled (or are supposed to be angled) to let the armor mounts slip over them.

If that sloped edge isn't there, the only way to really do it is to gently lift the locking tab over one of those nubs with something like a guitar pick, or toothpick, or other thin prying device.  I'd hesitate to use a screwdriver because of the potential to gouge the plastic, but a thin flathead, or something like a jeweler's screwdriver might work as a last resort.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

VE-1 on Amazon.JP went down to 23.396 yen.  That's cheaper than NY's listing.

After Amazon.JP's 1200 yen shipping to the US, total is 24,596 yen

Another AmJ price drop...

24,564y (japan-residents).

22,744y (non-japan residents) + 1200y (dhl-shipping to US). 

:drinks:

23 minutes ago, edstuff said:

I have this pre-ordered on Ami-Ami. Should I cancel with them and order from amazon JP?

And if so, how do I cancel with Ami-Ami?

Edit: on AmazonJP even translated it's....not translated. I can't understand anything 

Did you set the language to English? Globe symbol near the right end of the search bar.

2 hours ago, edstuff said:

I have this pre-ordered on Ami-Ami. Should I cancel with them and order from amazon JP?

And if so, how do I cancel with Ami-Ami?

Edit: on AmazonJP even translated it's....not translated. I can't understand anything 

Can you cancel my order/part of my order?

We generally do not accept cancellations. However, please notify us as soon as possible if you are absolutely in need of a cancellation.

Depending on the items/orders/your purchase status we might be able to assist; however, please be advised that the cancellations will remain in your account history and will affect your account/purchase status. Please only place an order if you are sure that you will complete the purchase.

It's not just you. The matte grey stands do look very cool.

Also, I wonder if Arcadia plans to tease a matte deep blue version or if they will keep things simple and stick with the two colours they've shown for now (black and grey)? Maybe if the initial run of their launch arm stand performs well they will consider other colours for subsequent releases?

Edited by technoblue

21 minutes ago, Thriceborn said:

Can't wait for this here.  Really looking forward to this as it'll be my first Piece.  Great community you guys have here.  Watching @jenius videos put me over the edge.

I know what you mean!  @jenius's videos were what got me to start collecting Macross toys too.  Now my place is over-crowded with Yamato, Arcadia, and Bandai boxes. *sigh*

Is this what having a crack dealer is like?

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

You'll want to look at @Saburo's photos too ;)

Damn that Owl kit looks nasty.  Next level.

50 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I know what you mean!  @jenius's videos were what got me to start collecting Macross toys too.  Now my place is over-crowded with Yamato, Arcadia, and Bandai boxes. *sigh*

Is this what having a crack dealer is like?

Yea man, I got an Arcadia VF-1S with the Super pack from Manda, and the new Eliteseeker pre-ordered from AmiAmi.  I won't get into the other items I purchased that aren't Macross related.  Let's just say my wallet will be light for several months...

Edited by Thriceborn

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Also, I wonder if Arcadia plans to tease a matte deep blue version or if they will keep things simple and stick with the two colours they've shown for now (black and grey)? Maybe if the initial run of their launch arm stand performs well they will consider other colours for subsequent releases?

Wait. You don't like the Chrome version? :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Thriceborn said:

Yea man, I got an Arcadia VF-1S with the Super pack from Manda, and the new Eliteseeker pre-ordered from AmiAmi.  I won't get into the other items I purchased that aren't Macross related.  Let's just say my wallet will be light for several months...

I remember the days. I just started with Hikaru's VF-1S and VF-1A from Mandarake. And I hate myself now from getting other stuff that aren't Macross related. But I'm lovin' the feeling. So how can you blame me? Hahaha! :lol:

As for your wallet... I'll just leave this one here for you as an introduction for joining this forum full of Macross enablers and for your empty wallet in the months to come. :rolleyes:

aMTFh15.gif

From us here, welcome to MacrossWorld! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I remember the days. I just started with Hikaru's VF-1S and VF-1A from Mandarake. And I hate myself now from getting other stuff that aren't Macross related. But I'm lovin' the feeling. So how can you blame me? Hahaha! :lol:

As for your wallet... I'll just leave this one here for you as an introduction for joining this forum full of Macross enablers. :rolleyes:

aMTFh15.gif

From us here, welcome to MacrossWorld! ;)

That's awesome and totally apropos.

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

:nea:

HaHa! Yeah, the pictures of the old glossy stands don't impress so much. It's subtle but I do like what Arcadia has done, visually, to make the stand their own and changing the base to make room for storage was a smart move.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, F360 said:

Can you cancel my order/part of my order?

We generally do not accept cancellations. However, please notify us as soon as possible if you are absolutely in need of a cancellation.

Depending on the items/orders/your purchase status we might be able to assist; however, please be advised that the cancellations will remain in your account history and will affect your account/purchase status. Please only place an order if you are sure that you will complete the purchase.

Eh it's not a big deal. AmiAmi has been like old trusty to me so I don't mind ordering from them.

I'll just keep AmazonJP in mind for future releases.

20 hours ago, manfred17 said:

Depending on the country you are living in, you may get additional tax fees when buying with Amazon JP.

If no tax, then yes, it can be an interesting choice.

I got charged with an import fee of shipping it to YVR on top of the s&h. 

Roughly 27k-ish yen in total for me. Third most expensive valk after the Yammie V.2 VF-1J with the GBP and the DX YF-19 Full Set. 

Got another display shelf ready for Macross valks and somehow try to fit all in without it stuffing it like sardines with no breathing room. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those who ordered from Amazon.jp, may I know approx when they'll request payment? I ordered two, back when pre-order opened.

I know the figure will be released in April, but just want to know when they'll request payment so I can plan ahead. Thanks!

Edited by aaajin

34 minutes ago, aaajin said:

Those who ordered from Amazon.jp, may I know approx when they'll request payment? Preordered two, back when pre-order opened.

I know the figure will be released in April, but just want to know when they'll request payment so I can plan ahead. Thanks!

As far as I am aware, they will bill me credit card just prior to shipping to me.