Why SD Valkyries? WHY?

Shizuka the Cat

Haha. Yes there is! People love that sh**!

SD’s have been around Japan a long time and are much loved ,from what I can tell. Many others , from other parts of the globe, seem to love  them as well. 

For my part, I’m in your camp. Don’t care for them one bit. 

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

I gave these out as gifts at my wedding, one was at each plate setting... I think I paid $1 each... $2 at most.

I can so imagine @jeniushaving Macross toys as gifts for guests at his wedding.  And having an SDF-1 cake just like the one served at Max + Miria's wedding.

I think SD valks are cool, though I don’t own any at the moment. I used to have a set of the little Takatoku Paro Valkyries (though I believe they were Convertors KOs) which I sold off a few years ago before getting back into Macross. I’ve been tempted to get a Joke Machine but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

25 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I can so imagine @jeniushaving Macross toys as gifts for guests at his wedding.  And having an SDF-1 cake just like the one served at Max + Miria's wedding.

LOL, I stopped at the little toys... Though the engagement cake was done to look like me as Alto and my fiance as Sheryl. Man I'm a nerd.

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

LOL, I stopped at the little toys... Though the engagement cake was done to look like me as Alto and my fiance as Sheryl. Man I'm a nerd.

That's cute! I assume your wife is also a big Macross fan?

She seems to enjoy showing off your "bigger" Macross toys in those review videos. Makes me laugh each time.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

P.S.

If I try doing something like that for my wedding, I think first my fiance might call off the engagement, then my mother would kill me for embarrassing the family. *sigh*

Now I really want an SDF-1 cake..... 

While we're on the subject of SD valks, for those of you who do have interest, the KitzConcept SD Valks are huge in comparison to jokemachines and some flavors can be had pretty cheap directly from KC. You're not going to be bowled over by their build quality but they're certainly cute and readily available. Like so many other toys, I've been meaning to revisit my review of these and include all the variants.

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

If there was ever a chance I'd get married I'd still steal this idea.

You may be in luck, if Toynami is reissuing them (why?) hopefully you'll be able to grab them at the discount bin like I did. It worked out awesome though. Most people thought it was a cheapy Transformer but people definitely played with them and I could see folks at the table figuring out the little transformation like a puzzle and we got compliments on it as being one of the better wedding favors that people had seen. Obviously the younger audience got a kick out of them too..

26 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

That's cute! I assume your wife is also a big Macross fan?

She seems to enjoy showing off your "bigger" Macross toys in those review videos. Makes me laugh each time.

My wife is kind of a dead ringer for Sheryl so she likes Sheryl. Beyond that though, she's just humoring me. She would never suggest we watch anime or I buy a particular toy. 

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

You may be in luck, if Toynami is reissuing them (why?) hopefully you'll be able to grab them at the discount bin like I did. It worked out awesome though. Most people thought it was a cheapy Transformer but people definitely played with them and I could see folks at the table figuring out the little transformation like a puzzle and we got compliments on it as being one of the better wedding favors that people had seen. Obviously the younger audience got a kick out of them too..

That's not the kind of luck I'd need.

the KC kitz stuff is pretty nice mid level toy so...high level for an SD IMO.  these robotech morphers i had like....must be almost 15 years ago?  they are 5-10 buck toys at best,  i think i have a special edition chromed one still sealed in tin box somewhere....again no where close toth ekitz concept level.

jenius is married to a sheryl look alike? haha...i haven't watched the videos but i'm sure she gives jenius hopes and dreams.  lol

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Sounds like someone has a crush... 

More that I wish I was as talented as @jeniuswife.

As it stands, I really am not all that comfortable with public speaking... which makes me a bit doubtful that I can become a successful computer science professor after I finish my PhD. *sigh* 

I like the research-side of things, and I want to teach... I just get really nervous when I speak before an audience.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Me too. That will surely be a nice addition.

I previously purchased the M&M set for cheap. They are totally worth the price.

yeah I got the m&m 2pack deal, and am in for the KC GBP. I like them a lot but wouldn't buy more.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I'll be in the market for this little bruiser....assuming it ever makes it to production...

I messaged KC on Facebook late 2018, they said the GBP will be released this year.