Salon Care 40 volume creme to whiten plastic

dapro

Just heed the warning of using it on the colored plastics. I bought some developer of the same concentration and tried to restore and old Takatoku GBP armour. It worked but unfortunately it turned the armour periwinkle. So I had to paint it to correct the color issue.

Good luck. I really hope it works out for you.

16 minutes ago, dapro said:

I was thinking taping with masking tape over the color plastic portion. Just apply the creme on the white part that is yellowing.

If this works keep us posted, I have an old Matchbox SDF-1 that needs some TLC. B))

You can try taping off the areas but unfortunately the developer does deep underneath it. I have read that you can add oxyclean powder to create a paste to brush it on.  The oxyclean won’t make it better it just to make it a paste. 

Just place it in a plastic tub and use food seal plastic wrap to cover the top and allow exposure to sunlight or UV lighting.

Heh Dapro, I would recommend You try to remove the whole white nose cone section before trying that. Thing is, no matter how good You tape off the colored section, the peroxide will still bleed through and mess that part up. I have built a few Yamato vf-1 kits and that part is removable, that is if you are willing to carefully pry off  the nose cone that is glued on using a hobby knife. You would have to wedge the edge into the seamline all the way around till it can be popped off, then you remove the 2 screws that hold everything together, take out the nose gear and bleach the top and bottom halves along with the gear doors. At least fixing the antiglare panel  is much easier than the red plastic. 

Edited by Pulltoeject

8 hours ago, dapro said:

Anyone used this creme to remove the yellowing form their white valk? I am thinking of trying it on my vf-1j Miria.

*snip*

Isn't it the same as the developer 40 you used in the other valks?