IMDB’s Streaming Service FREEDIVE

no3Ljm

IMDB has launched a free streaming service called FREEDIVE.

https://www.slashfilm.com/imdb-streaming-service/

“Everyone wants in on that sweet, sweet streaming action – including IMDb. The Internet Movie Database has officially launched its own streaming service called Freedive, and as the name suggests, it’s free. That’s good! Unfortunately, it also has a lot of ads that cut into your movie every so often. That’s bad! Still, the selection is strong, and if you’re looking to watch movies for free, this is a good option. Users can watch Freedive through their computer or through Amazon devices.”

It’s free so there’s ads in-between. More details on the link above. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/17/why-imdb-should-rethink-the-decision-to-close-its-message-boards

Back in the day, IMDB forums were the one-stop-shop to find all the tiniest details about any movie, discuss open endings, identify bits of background music not listed on the official soundtrack, or generally discussing points of view, occasionally with people who were actually involved in making a film. (I also enjoyed most of the "100 things I learned from [bad movie]" posts).

Yes there were ugly troll activities, but I can't remember them as any worse than what's going on on social media today. I also don't see how offing the forums could stop potential down vote campaigns against certain movies, since there were alway separate infrastructures.

To me, it felt like a library was burned down.

Just now, electric indigo said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/17/why-imdb-should-rethink-the-decision-to-close-its-message-boards

Back in the day, IMDB forums were the one-stop-shop to find all the tiniest details about any movie, discuss open endings, identify bits of background music not listed on the official soundtrack, or generally discussing points of view, occasionally with people who were actually involved in making a film. (I also enjoyed most of the "100 things I learned from [bad movie]" posts).

Yes there were ugly troll activities, but I can't remember them as any worse than what's going on on social media today. I also don't see how offing the forums could stop potential down vote campaigns against certain movies, since there were alway separate infrastructures.

To me, it felt like a library was burned down.

ah, "book burning" in the digital age...