Sonic The Hedgehog Movie (LIVE?) in 2019

no3Ljm

Sonic improvements aside, I like the inclusion of some Green Hill Zone footage, actually. (Reminds me of the He-Man movie, which was apparently intended to take place entirely on Earth until the director put his foot down and insisted they had to book-end it with scenes in Eternia.)

Sonic also shows a lot more personality here, and... oh yeah, Gangster's Paradise is gone(why was it ever there?).

The new trailer looks like it is more a Street Fighter movie than a Super Mario Brothers movie. I mean, the old one was still on this side of the Super Mario line, but it was close.

On the other hand... I'm sure they haven't spent all this time shooting new footage based on a script rewrite, so it'll be down to editing and CG changes. Maybe some overdubbing. They can't completely rework a fundamentally misguided project this late.

Edited by JB0

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprised this hasn't been the first page yet. I just got home from the movie a bit ago, and digested it taking it in. After nearly 26 years of potential Sonic Movies that were announced and disregarded for one reason or another, and over 30 years of really bad game to film releases I gotta say, this was actually a rather fun film. It's at least a popcorn flick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...