I don't know if I should be excited because it's a god damn Heurtebize figure or be annoyed because of how chunky they made the legs on the only Heurtebize figure we're ever going to get.

ki15f1.jpeg

ki15f2.jpeg

We were on the verge of greatness Kaiyodo; we were this close.

Anyways, I'm officially in love with shin Nigouki in all her unholy Frankensteined glory:

ki18.jpeg

ki19.jpg

ki20.jpg

ki28.jpeg

Edited by anime52k8

You know, for a character that's supposed to exist just to sell more merchandise, there's seriously not enough Mari scale figures out there. I can't wait for this one though. oh, and the Rei from this set is actually pretty adorable as well.

2384234.thumb.png.a860b20542516b8e86e3e86547aa15b1.png943604.jpg.557b3d08d2815c3813b10890280bbfa6.jpg

On 2/9/2020 at 3:14 AM, anime52k8 said:

I don't know if I should be excited because it's a god damn Heurtebize figure or be annoyed because of how chunky they made the legs on the only Heurtebize figure we're ever going to get.

ki15f1.jpeg

ki15f2.jpeg

We were on the verge of greatness Kaiyodo; we were this close.

Anyways, I'm officially in love with shin Nigouki in all her unholy Frankensteined glory:

ki18.jpeg

ki19.jpg

ki20.jpg

ki28.jpeg

By the look of it using Jet Alone parts to repair Unit 02 extended to using a Jet Alone reactor to power it. Those things sticking out of the backpack look like control rods.

Image result for evangelion jet alone

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Anyone interested in Metal Build and previously missed out; looks like The Chosen Prime has stock coming in next month: https://www.thechosenprime.com/MetalBuildEva01

No idea how they're getting more but I'll give it a shot.  I was just about to buy a used one from Mada for like $300 so that's awesome if they come through.

:edit:

BBTS has 02 up for march preorder as well: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/96348

$280+tax and shipping isn't that great a price though.

Edited by anime52k8

4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

No idea how they're getting more but I'll give it a shot.  I was just about to buy a used one from Mada for like $300 so that's awesome if they come through.

BBTS has 02 up for march preorder as well: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/96348

$280+tax and shipping isn't that great a price though.

May want to try AJ for 02. It’s about $30 cheaper and available now last I checked. METAL BUILD エヴァンゲリオン2号機 約220mm ABS&PVC&ダイキャスト製 塗装済み可動フィギュア https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07TGM4CQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WtmsEbS0PE574

And Chosen Prime has been solid for me in the past. I picked it up before posting here. (Just got into Evangelion)

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

54 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

with Chosen prime is it better to pay up front/as soon as possible or will they ask for payment when the item is about to come in/ready to ship?

They ship the preorders paid upfront first if memory serves correct. But I have selected to be invoiced via PayPal when they are ready to ship with no problem on delivery. I chose that for this one too.

2 hours ago, peter said:

Did this actually happen or is this fan art??

Technically neither. It's from Girlfriend of steel; an official but non-canon visual novel.

For context they're fishing for this:

Trident_water_2.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah, the forearms look like they literally split down the middle, and all so they could add ball joints to the wrists for a little bit more articulation. Not saying that IS the reason, of course. But it certainly doesn't look good, like at all. That element almost on its own has made me lose all interest in these kits.

Just getting caught up on this thread and I've gotta say, I utterly hate the redesigns for the movies.  The Evas are too lanky with stretched torsos, the plugsuits are unnecessarily sexualized, the new characters and Evas are crap.  If not for the redone Rameil fight, I'd call the movies complete garbage from start to finish.

I still haven't seen the remake, I'm waiting until it's finished.  (I've waited this long, I can keep going).   (the odd naming convention doesn't help with keeping track while trying to avoid spoilers/summaries---so "3.0+1.0" is truly #4 and all-new, and not literally "3.0 and 1.0" as some sorta dual-feature re-cut?)  

That said---I'm not liking the hip joints on the RG---looks ok when "in a pose", but a neutral stance really highlights the "bare ball joint" look. 

Kaiyodo still does the best overall sculpts of the franchise IMHO, for both pilots and Evas. 

11 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Just getting caught up on this thread and I've gotta say, I utterly hate the redesigns for the movies.  The Evas are too lanky with stretched torsos, the plugsuits are unnecessarily sexualized, the new characters and Evas are crap.  If not for the redone Rameil fight, I'd call the movies complete garbage from start to finish.

You know, I was all aboard the hype train a few times especially with the second film, but I also pretty tired of the new designs. Anytime I see an Eva-01 without the green waistband I'm so pleased. To me the original Evas are just way more iconic than the new stuff. I'm still chomping at the bit to see the final movie, but I don't have super high expectations.

11 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

That said---I'm not liking the hip joints on the RG---looks ok when "in a pose", but a neutral stance really highlights the "bare ball joint" look. 

Kaiyodo still does the best overall sculpts of the franchise IMHO, for both pilots and Evas. 

Yeah, the hip joints look a little too obvious. I'm sure someone will snap a bunch of pics of the completed thing in various poses that will make me want it though.

49 minutes ago, peter said:

I just watched End of Evangelion for the first time last night.  Not sure which ending I prefer.....

whynotboth.gif

I've always kind of wavered between the two. Both evoke different emotions and are technically impressive in their own ways. EoE is just such a spectacle. I'm a sucker for the (visible) scale of events in that movie.

The rg redesign is not my favorite look, but an interesting curiosity. It’s like taking the organic look completely away for a more mechanical one. All the joints are obvious mechanical joints rather than the flexible armor of the original. Its much more robotic. It’s kind of an interesting what if kinda design.