How was the overall experience @tekering?

Edit: I just realized that was a screenshot. My bad. :rolleyes:

One of the videos I’ve watched shows it’s 2cm taller than RAH. Looks like it’s a great figure from most of the videos I’ve watched.

Edited by no3Ljm

50 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Look, open YOUR mouth for the first time after having it sealed shut for most of your life and tell me how YOUR teeth look, okay? Sheesh, judge much? :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe it's supposed to be from the time Unit 01 ate the Angel....

On 12/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, tekering said:

Well, damn.  I'm gonna have to paint the teeth. <_<

unpainted.thumb.jpg.76230a4e23e35d7a4f4cf269ba44ebbb.jpg

that's how it's supposed to be. in the rebuild movies Shogoki has red teeth.

Edited by anime52k8

On 12/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, no3Ljm said:

How was the overall experience @tekering?

It's frakkin' fantastic.  I've never owned such an evocative figure.

Look at this pathos! :o

evocative-jpg.28879626

prisoner-jpg.28879628

And the balance is unreal! :blink:

dynaction-poise-jpg.28879631

I think the Shinji figure's a tad on the small side, though... :huh:

tiny-shinji-jpg.28879633

But enough opinions; let's make some objective comparisons.

big-evas-jpg.28879630

That's the Real Action Heroes reissue on the left, and the old Tsukuda Hobby vinyl figure on the right... and as you can see, the Dynaction is distinctly less purple than the others.

dynaction-vs-rah-jpg.28879629

The Dynaction can meet-or-beat any pose the RAH is capable of, and balances much, much better... although I'd have to say I still prefer the RAH aesthetically.

dynaction-strikes-a-pose-jpg.28879632

The Dynaction's a helluva lot more fun to play with, though! :wub:

46 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

in the rebuild movies Shogoki has red teeth.

Yeah, but they're lighter than the gums:

Y1gP5CO.png

The Dynaction just has unpainted plastic for the inner jaw, which makes the teeth difficult to distinguish from the gums.  

That's why I'm gonna have to paint 'em. :p

On 12/13/2020 at 10:48 PM, sqidd said:

This is so very, very wrong. Almost gross.:bad:

This is Evangelion we're talking about, isn't it? :rolleyes:

eva-02-muerto1.jpg

"Very wrong" and "almost gross" are par for the course. :lol:

24 minutes ago, tekering said:

dynaction-vs-rah-jpg.28879629

The Dynaction can meet-or-beat any pose the RAH is capable of, and balances much, much better... although I'd have to say I still prefer the RAH aesthetically.

The Dynaction's a helluva lot more fun to play with, though! :wub:

"Very wrong" and "almost gross" are par for the course. :lol:

From these pics I have to agree that the RAH is more aesthetically pleasing. The Dynaction sounds like a GREAT figure though. Darn it! Why is everything always like this in the toy world. I wanted to ditch my RAH Unit 02 because it's GARBAGE!!! Now, long term I'm going to have to decide if I go Dynaction Unit 01 and 02 (assuming they release one) and give up some aesthetics. Or go RAH Unit 01 and 02 and have a Unit 02 that is a floppy piece of garbage, but both with great aesthetics. 

Yeah, I know, why not both? Fair argument. I don't have the room. Looks like I'll be sitting on my Dynaction MISB waiting on a Unit 02 release and a decision. 

You are correct sir, "Very wrong" and "almost gross" ARE par for the course. It's been a while since I have seen it.:D

Thanks @tekering! I really have to say the figure looks impressive and really fun to pose it. :good: 

But, man, it's the size that I'm really concern with. :( I'm thinking now if I should just wait on ThreeZero's Robo-Dou release and review first before really diving on which one to get.

Or dive into insanity after both figure got released, and prices went up. Oh well, the life of a collector. Hahaha! :lol: 

18 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I miss Amazon's ¥1200 shipping :(

To be fair the box for this thing is HUGE!

DHL for the DX focker was 3K I think. 

I’m really glad I got a BBTS PO in. This and the DX Voltes. BIG BOXES! It does suck waiting 2-2.5 mo after release to get BBTS stuff though. Not that it matters. But the 9yr old in me wants stuff now!

Edited by sqidd

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There is no JP Post. 

I’m pretty sure he only meant he was just basing it from JapanPost’s rate chart since most online shop doesn’t post DHL chart compared to JapanPost where it’s always available to check it online. 

28 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m pretty sure he only meant he was just basing it from JapanPost’s rate chart since most online shop doesn’t post DHL chart compared to JapanPost where it’s always available to check it online. 

yes, that's it.  links at the bottom of every item.

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

May as well be basing it on an astrological chart then.:p

i guess so, i'm not keeping up with shipping news.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

There is no JP Post. The only two options are DHL and surface shipping.

I don't think there's anyone here insisting there is. What people are doing including me nowadays since EMS and SAL are not available to the US is to check the pricing based on JapanPost's which is widely available and easy to access and guess from there to have an idea on how much more it's going to cost when DHL is used. Like what I'm trying to say earlier it's hard to really guess actual estimate from other shipping method because their computation is different than regular Post Office's. And these shops probably doesn't have the means on how to compute it and post estimate initially until it gets packed. Or simply, maybe DHL just doesn't provide price/rate chart like JapanPost do. So it's really nice to check JapanPost shipping chart once in awhile and compare and do estimate. And panic later if needed. :lol: 

Why do I have a feeling you already know that? :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, sqidd said:

DHL has charts available 

Care to share a link if that's ok? Is it somehow same as JapanPost's EMS Rate listing? Because I'm having a hard time getting a sample quote using their Get-A-Quote Japan site. Because for a 2kg Shoe box that has a measurement of 35x20x15cm, I'm getting astronomical pricing from Y17974 to Y19538 to ship it from Japan to US. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Care to share a link if that's ok? Is it somehow same as JapanPost's EMS Rate listing? Because I'm having a hard time getting a sample quote using their Get-A-Quote Japan site. Because for a 2kg Shoe box that has a measurement of 35x20x15cm, I'm getting astronomical pricing from Y17974 to Y19538 to ship it from Japan to US. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

That sounds about right for a "retail" shipping price. Different retailers have different discounts though. For example I think it was 11K yen shipping AmazonJP. And AmazonJP is as inexpensive as inexpensive gets when it comes to DHL shipping. My guess is that most retailers will charge 14-15K to ship that monster box.

Buyee has a DHL shipping chart that is pretty close to what you will see from most retailers.

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That sounds about right for a "retail" shipping price. Different retailers have different discounts though. For example I think it was 11K yen shipping AmazonJP. And AmazonJP is as inexpensive as inexpensive gets when it comes to DHL shipping. My guess is that most retailers will charge 14-15K to ship that monster box.

Buyee has a DHL shipping chart that is pretty close to what you will see from most retailers.

Got it. And that's why it's really hard to tell what's what with DHL. Because based on the sample quote of a shoebox size that I posted earlier, the price is so astronomical. When the Voltes V order that I have with AmazonJP which I think it will use DHL, the shipping is just Y8000 something. 

So it's what we're saying earlier. We just use the JapanPost chart as a guide to reference to have an idea how much might cost us. Because I'm pretty sure retailers have discount, just like what you said, in which we as a customer will not see it first-hand while ordering.

And currently, we know that there's no JapanPost EMS and SAL. We just use its pricing chart as a reference since it's more accessible than DHL's.