6 minutes ago, Big s said:

Does the transport set come with everything from the standard version, just with extra hands and transport or do you still need the standard kit as well?

Everything in the standard version, the transport base, and a set of hands plus an effect part to do the "rip through an AT field" thing.

• 2 months later...

This is why a live action EVA is a bad idea. :bad:

BTW, not to turn this into a prime 1 thread, but I've been wanting to complain about for a while: what is up with these face sculpts? How do you get everything else on a figure so right and then botch the faces this bad? Why you gotta do my girl dirty like this prime 1, why?

2266313.jpeg

2266321.jpeg

18 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

what is up with these face sculpts? How do you get everything else on a figure so right and then botch the faces this bad?

The girls appear to have been re-cast with different actresses...

EVA-01 appears to be Venom, wearing kit-bashed Gundam cosplay armor.

Unit-01 is personal preference but the heads on the girls are just terrible. Rei face isn't terrible but her hair looks like a bad wig floating off her head. It doesn't frame her face right and gives here head a weird shape.  Poor Asuka though looks so bad. Her right eye is totally on the wonk which makes that side of her face look droopy and floating hair coupled with the too tall face makes it look like she's got a massive forehead hiding under her bangs. Then there's the bigger issue of neither of them looking anything like characters they're meant to represent. 

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I have that kit, but still haven’t built it. And now the real grade is coming up and I’ll probably do that one first. I think it’s an issue of lack of work space that’s been holding me back on a few items.

Is it a snap together type kit that doesn't need painting? Or a model model?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Of course, the iconic positron cannon used by 01 is included in the deluxe set of 00. How typical Bandai:lol:

How typically Evangelion. They've been pulling this since the earliest revoltech days. I do find it a little odd there's no sign of the ESV for proper Operation Yashima action.

The ThreeZero EVA looks interesting, hopefully it's not too expensive. I was hoping that they'd put Shogouki and Nigouki up at the same time since they were showing both off at the same gray proto stage not to long ago.

6 hours ago, captain america said:

IMHO, those were the nicest NGE EVA units.

20 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Looks like something that pop off the TV series. Really good proportion and seem like what I remember seeing on the TV

I take it you guys aren't fans of the highly-stylized Metal Build EVAs, then?  :p

Personally, I think the recent RAH NEO "New Paint Version" is the definitive EVA-01, both because of the articulation and the accessories included.  :good:

554670458_RAHEva.thumb.jpg.4639ff90b92c391db85fe83b47d9b900.jpg

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

I take it you guys aren't fans of the highly-stylized Metal Build EVAs, then?  :p

Personally, I think the recent RAH NEO "New Paint Version" is the definitive EVA-01, both because of the articulation and the accessories included.  :good:

I would love to get the RAH Eva but I worry how long that rubbery material of the suit can hold up.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

The RAH really doesn't do it for me. The look of the body suit material kind of ruins the whole thing and I think there are better Shogouki sculpts out there. If all I wanted was a giant shelf eva I think I'ed want to go with the new Mega Sofubi from Kaiyodo https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/116141

Maybe if they reissued the Nigouki gamma I'd be interested.

Personally I like the Metal Builds best and I want more of them now.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

554670458_RAHEva.thumb.jpg.4639ff90b92c391db85fe83b47d9b900.jpg

I think the RAH is the best representation too.:good:

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

The RAH really doesn't do it for me. The look of the body suit material kind of ruins the whole thing and I think there are better Shogouki sculpts out there. If all I wanted was a giant shelf eva I think I'ed want to go with the new Mega Sofubi from Kaiyodo https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/116141

Personally I like the Metal Builds best and I want more of them now.

The Kaiyodod looks really good and I almost PO'd it yesterday. But no articulation is a deal killer for me.:( And at 18" it's too tall for most, if not all, cabinets. And I have a bit of a rule. Expensive toys go in cabinets. If it was articulated you could "pose it down" to be a little shorter.

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

@tekering

I also like metal build treatment of the Eva. I like them both but the TV-style just scream nostalgia.

I like the MB's a lot. But in my mind they're not the "same" as a EVA. They're an interpretation. Actually I don't like the look of the MB vs the classic look more. I like them both the same for completely different reasons.

Not a bad price and a decent size; I hope the quality is better than the Mafex figures. I'm not sure if I want to jump on this one now or wait for Nigouki (or just put the money towards a MB EVA-01; which I want but I'm not sure I want to pay second hand prices for).

Edited by anime52k8

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I love me some 90’s anime like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Macross Plus.

Truly the "Silver Age" of anime, back when storytelling still trumped marketing (and merchandising was the result, rather than the catalyst).

Sadly, the success of Pokémon put an end to that.  <_<

Thankfully, anime was still shot on film back then, so all that great stuff is available in HD now (and will probably see 4K remasters in the future)...  :wub:

Hmmmn.  I don't have ANY Eva units any more, but could go for a new Unit 01.  Not a big fan of the current figures/statues (price and/or style reasons), but that Koto 01 reissue and the coming RG look nice----how's the color-separation on the Koto?  01's colors are very hard to match, so I'd only be up for a pure straight build, asides from small details/inking. 

Or does everyone just assume the RG 01 will blow Koto's out of the water in every way?