All Things Disney Parks - Rides, Merch, News, and everything else

jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like Splah Mountain's replacement is coming this summer at WDW...

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/news/13feb2024-disney-announces-opening-for-tianas-bayou-adventure-at-walt-disney-world-and-a-first-look-at-new-animatronics.htm

May head to DL instead....haven't been there in over a decade...

I recall they were planning on that during my family's trip to WDW back in 2022 and my son LOVED Splash Mountain too. Probably one of the easier renovations they ever did since it remains a southern themed ride.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I recall they were planning on that during my family's trip to WDW back in 2022 and my son LOVED Splash Mountain too. Probably one of the easier renovations they ever did since it remains a southern themed ride.

It might be easy but not due to the theme.  They had to rip out and replace all the foliage and a large chunk of the animatronics (though from rumors the animatronics are mostly just gone).  The mechanical part of the ride is identical so they didn't spend anything on that.  Over at Mickey Views on youtube (young guy but he does a heck of a good job) I saw the new Tianna animatronic and that one is very impressive - so we are losing a bunch but at least one of the new ones is well done.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's screenrant - meaningless stuff like this is what they exist for.

More interesting is Disney is actually starting to make good on that promise to invest in the parks.  Work on Dinoland (well replacing it) at Animal Kingdom, an update to Test Track at EPCOT, and a large new section around Big Thunder Mountain at MK.  OK, the last one has not been officially announced yet but should be soon.