All Things Disney Parks - Rides, Merch, News, and everything else

jvmacross

• 1 month later...

Looks great, until I think about seeing it full of tourists in all their garish tourist clothes. It would be great if they had robes and other sorts of clothes that would fit the alien setting and be easily slipped over a person's clothes to hide the tourist look.

Edited by Thom

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, for all you people planning on a fun family vacation, you should all go the week before any new stuff opens.  Park will be the most pleasant you'll ever see it. :p 

I've got a yearly pass and go when it is "not" busy - still plenty busy.  The week before you WILL have people there just to see if there is a soft opening.  Two weeks before is safer but this being Star Wars even that may not be far enough out.

6 minutes ago, Mog said:

The hype reel lost me as soon as I heard “First Order.” :bad:

I’ll wait until they eventually revamp the area for the Original or Prequel eras.

If I wait for that, I'll NEVER get to Disneyland......:ph34r:

It took 3hrs just to get "into" Toy Story Land when it first opened last July at WDW.  That doesn't even include the wait times for the actual rides.  

We complain about PO madness...try getting fastpasses for either the Smugler's Run ride or the Rise of the Rebellion ride on the day they go up.  Oh and you will need to choose one or the other!  LOL!

It took 3hrs just to get "into" Toy Story Land when it first opened last July at WDW.  That doesn't even include the wait times for the actual rides.  

We complain about PO madness...try getting fastpasses for either the Smugler's Run ride or the Rise of the Rebellion ride on the day they go up.  Oh and you will need to choose one or the other!  LOL!

Not just the day.  I've been trying to get a Fast Pass for Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarves mine train for a year now (well, since Slinky opened) and have not managed it even with a 5 day stay at a Disney hotel once.  Trying again in January.

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone planning on heading out to Galaxy's Edge...DCA or WDW...NO FASTPASSES when it initially opens!!! :wacko:  Not sure when they will start allowing FastPass reservations.

Also, apparently, you will need to make a reservation to get into the Star Wars section of the park......It will be madness for sure!

And I think the Rise of the Resistance ride will not be ready on opening day.

https://orlando-rising.com/no-fastpass-for-millennium-falcon-ride-when-galaxys-edge-opens-at-disney-world/

https://www.10news.com/lifestyle/disney-star-wars-edge-opens-may-no-fast-passes

Not sure when they will start allowing FastPass reservations.

Doesn't really matter unless you have a 7 day hotel reservation - it is still impossible to get a Slinky Dog Dash Fastpass without those.  Same for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train and it has been open for years now.

I have been able to get minecarts every year since it first opened up....but not slinky dog on this first year....and that was getting up so I could get them at 7am EST on the 30 day mark....have been able to get the Avatar flight ride....which is awesome...

Will probably just wait until next year for Star Wars....since it looks like just one of the rides will be opened at the grand opening....or maybe when the Star Wars hotel goes up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did one trip to Disney a few years ago. I’d love to see the new Star Wars park but don’t really know if I want to go back to Disney as I have no kids and am not really into Disney anyway.  I did miss out on universal studios. Could maybe make a 3 day trip out of it. 

Edited by ErikElvis

• 1 month later...