Yoko Kanno?

isamu

So...what has my favorite anime composer been up to these days? Does she even compose anime soundtracks anymore? What was her last project? I listened to the Macross Plus OST yesterday for the first time in years and man...it still holds up and hasn't aged one bit. That soundtrack is her magnum opus!

Her most recent work appears to be for a drama series called Onna jōshu Naotora in 2017. Last anime she worked on was Terror in Resonance in 2014.

Also seems like she has done several other projects over the years... lords her list is impressive.

While her work in Macross Plus is good, I found her work in Cowboy Bebop and later GitS: SAC to be much better.

17 hours ago, isamu said:

So...what has my favorite anime composer been up to these days? Does she even compose anime soundtracks anymore? What was her last project? I listened to the Macross Plus OST yesterday for the first time in years and man...it still holds up and hasn't aged one bit. That soundtrack is her magnum opus!

I'd love to know what God has been up to. I just love her music. 

9 hours ago, Major Focker said:

agree with that.

and while a number may disagree, i also consider her work in Frontier to be better and more varied than Plus

Oh absolutely, there was more variation in her Frontier work, Plus just happens to be more unusual, whereas a lot of the Frontier stuff was more mainstream.

Both are great though.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I really hope that is the case. Though I wonder who will replace Origa as the new OP singer. (I want another SAC I didn't like Arise that much...)

last year there was mention that two of the directors of the series wanted to do another one, it was to be 24 eps, but other than that nothing else.

Yoko might just be between projects or on a break.