no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched it with the family.

We liked it.  For a fourth movie, it's actually pretty good.

At first blush, it may appear that they're repeating a bunch of story lines from the previous films.  But they change it just enough to make it interesting and different.

Spoiler

Woody knows he's not Bonnie's favorite toy, but he does everything in his power to help her out and care for her.  He knows how fleeting childhood is, which is why he agreed to give Gabby his voicebox and give her that experience of being a child's special toy.  And like Bo at the beginning of this film, Woody knows it's time to move on and be happy with Bo by the time the film ends.

I thought 3 was a nice way to end the series, but 4 tells a good story and ends the series in a good place.

Spoiler

Lastly, am I the only Catan dork who thought, "Bo got some Woody for her sheep!" :blink::angel:

At first blush, it may appear that they're repeating a bunch of story lines from the previous films.  But they change it just enough to make it interesting and different.

Just like they did with films 2 and 3 then.  I'm not knocking it.  Film 3 was good and film 2 knocked it out of the park.

I’m no Toy Story fan boy, and I think Toy Story 3 is good but WAY overrated, but I gotta say I really loved Toy Story 4. It’s my favorite of the series now. I was really surprised by this as I thought it was just going to be a cash grab. This one told a really sweet story.

I was afraid they were going to go down the “Woody is jealous/trying to regain status/authority” route along with thinking he knows better than everyone else. Playing into current gender polotics they way it seems so many franchises want to do now. Thankfully, they didn’t...and in fact Woody showed great maturity and character...doing what was best for others.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Finally went to see it today and there were a surprising number of people in the theater.  TS2 is still the best but this one is a tossup with the first one on second place.  It had me laughing out loud in a couple spots and Duke Kaboom was great.

• 1 year later...