Hong Kong Toy shopathon next January, anyone inter

Sebastian

Guppy is BACK!

And he is MARRIED!!!! OMG!

Here is the proof:

:D

Congratulations!!!! (nice pic)

That is a good thing I think! (As long she doesn't nag about your little "Macross vice"...)

When I got married, my wife already started to cut the budget of my "vice" to prepare for the baby's budget...

Aren't we lucky?!

Paulo

ahhaaa! That was my "SCORE!!!" pose. I'm lucky that my wife doesn't mind my toy spending. She just tells me she never wants to see my credit card balance. :)

BWAA HAHAHAHAA!!!! :D:D :D

How did you know I was thinking that??

No, at that moment I was really thinking: "I secretly changed the gift registry to hlj.com!" :lol:

Ok.

so far we have:

Graham.

Shawn.

Blackaces.

VF-1S

Hey you guys I talked it over with the misses and I'd love to attend. So confirm the dates for 8th to 10th in january I will start making arrangements. I've read almost all of posts in the toy part of the forums. I would love to spend some loot. Also the hotel thing, has any one thought of sharing room cost with others. I don't know how big the rooms get but having something nice and sharing would be cool.

ALEX

Hey Wingcommander.

No problem, we can confirm the date will be January 8 to January 10. So think about arriving on 7th and leaving on the 11. Of course some of us will arrive earlier, some will leave later than this schedule, but the shopathon will be during that dates.

About sharing the room costs. No problema, in fact I think we should do that, but depending how many of us will be alone and how many will carry the wifes :blink:

So, you are officially added to the list! :D

Graham.

Shawn.

Blackaces.

VF-1S Alpha.

The Beast.

Recon.

Wingcommander.

Guppy.

Sebastian.

Whoooo Hooooo!!! the list is growing!

We will have FUN!

:lol:

(to be sung with MJ's beat it tune)

eat it eat it eat it eat it !

:D:p:p:lol::D:p:lol:

Okay, all we need is the following:

Graham walking in the front of our group with the Skull Squadron banner (a la tour guide) of if he prefers, he can hold a Macross Logo banner, and we tot along behing him like a boys scout thing....

And the last person of the group holding a blaster portable stereo playing Macross songs...like Shau Pai Long?! :p

And we wear Macross T-shirts with the following written:

We came to shop, to eat, and to conquer!

Paulo

Ermm,

I doubt Graham would do that, and even if he does. I would stay quite far away from the pack but close enough to keep track of you guys. I think the people in Hong Kong would think of us as crazy macross fans. But if it was in japan, i guess sights like these are common.

Cheers

:ph34r:

Graham walking in the front of our group with the Skull Squadron banner (a la tour guide)

Paulo

About Graham doing that... hummmm. MAybe after the 4th or 5th Bar.

About me wearing a Macross T-shirt and singing Macross songs in the sreet following Graham as a scout boy... Maybe after the 6th bar.

Now, Guppy doing ALL those things and walking on his hunderwear... right away we start the shopathon! :lol:

You said:

It should reads:

We came to shop, to eat, to get drunk, and to conquer your girls! B)

Graham walking in the front of our group with the Skull Squadron banner (a la tour guide)

Paulo

About Graham doing that... hummmm. MAybe after the 4th or 5th Bar.

About me wearing a Macross T-shirt and singing Macross songs in the sreet following Graham as a scout boy... Maybe after the 6th bar.

Now, Guppy doing ALL those things and walking on his hunderwear... right away we start the shopathon! :lol:

You said:

It should reads:

We came to shop, to eat, to get drunk, and to conquer your girls! B)

Now....of course I was kidding in there about the Graham taking lead, and boys' scout thingie...best if we dress up in black suits to look like triads so we can get our stuff for free for our "services" rendered to the shops....(wow, what an imagination!)

Regarding the "conquering girls"...Maybe we need Sebastians' expertise to enlighten us on how to do it?! :lol:

So we have about 10 people yet?

Paulo

...best if we dress up in black suits to look like triads so we can get our stuff for free for our "services" rendered to the shops....(wow, what an imagination!)

Paulo

The average Triad member doesn't dress in a suit, well accept perhaps in John Woo movies!

Mostly, they are uneducated, semi-illiterate scum, who wear dirty or torn vests or T-shirts and jeans and often have dyed hair, heavy suntans, several tatoos and a cigarette hanging from their mouths. Also, incapable of speaking a sentence without every second word being a swear word. Should all be lined up against a wall and shot IMO!

Graham

graham, since you've been staying in HK, can you speak cantonese?

just curious :)

Despite living in HK for 16 years, having a Cantonese wife and spending thousands of HK$ on Cantonese lessons, I only speak very basic 'Survival Cantonese'.

In fact languages have never been my strong point, and I only use my Cantonese when absolutely necessary.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Graham

graham, since you've been staying in HK, can you speak cantonese?

just curious :)

Despite living in HK for 16 years, having a Cantonese wife and spending thousands of HK$ on Cantonese lessons, I only speak very basic 'Survival Cantonese'.

In fact languages have never been my strong point, and I only use my Cantonese when absolutely necessary.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Graham

hmm i see.. :)

and to conquer your girls!

:):p:D:lol:;)

more pics for the girls...more more more..... :lol::lol::lol:

Guys, I thought this was supposed to be a Macross Shopathon NOT a HK Girl Shopa/Conquerton!!!!

Er, let's hope our English will be sufficient to get some girls talking to us? :p Are girls attracted to guys speaking English?

I just checked my frequent flyer mileage...I have enough miles from Cathay to go to HK back and forth for 3 times!!!! Bring it on! But I will use some miles to go to Japan and Bangkok too!!! :p

Er, my Cantonese ability is NIL, but I can do good Mandarin (Pu Tong Hua), I heard chinese tourists from beijing and shanghai are the rage lately!

Okay, so besides pub, let's *not* mention KTV, DISCO, and so on....

Paulo

Give me a double bacon cheese burger anytime, shucks forgot HongKong doesnt have any burger king around. I do love the tim sum and especially the small eats like fish balls, bubble tea and cold desserts, not to mentioned my favourite sushi!!. Hey graham, what do you have usually for your meals especially most of them in Hong Kong are chinese delicacies from different parts of china. Boy i do hope i can make it as i will be heading to Hong Kong only on the last week of Jannuary.

Cheers

Toonz: I have to admit, the photo of the 2 girls on the balcony was taken in Guangzhou, just a bus ride over the border. I figure it would grab your attention. :)

VF-1S Alpha: No Cantonese required. Just about everyone in HK speaks English, of course ranging in fluency. By the way, have you ever heard an HK girl speak British English? I have... :rolleyes:

Blackaces: The Eva figures photo was taken at the Temple Street Night Market in Kowloon.

One of these days I should organize my HK photos. I love HK as a city destination...it's up there with Kyoto and Jerusalem IMHO. :)

Yuk....if that's what you guys are going to eat, count me out. I hate sea food  :p

Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Hmmmmmmmmmm,

any Red Robins or IHOP in HK?

:o:o:o

No robins here, just lots of sparrows, pigeons and the occasional hawk. :p

I have no idea what an IHOP is!?

Graham

Give me a double bacon cheese burger anytime, shucks forgot HongKong doesnt have any burger king around.

I hope they have something edible. I am a picky eater. I do hear there is a micky d's over there. I guess I will suffer. :huh: But the toys...Ah yes the toys :rolleyes:

ALEX

Lot's and lot's of McDonalds here. We probably have a greater density of McDonalds than any other city in the world.

I think HK has something like 200 McDonalds branches. Wherever you are in HK, you are never more than 5-10 minutes walk away from a McDonalds!

Graham

Give me a double bacon cheese burger anytime, shucks forgot HongKong doesnt have any burger king around

Cheers

Unfortunately, Burger King, Wendys & Jack in the Box closed down years ago, forced out by McDonalds :(

For western fast food, we have McDonalds, KFC, a few Hardies and Pizza Hut.

For burgers though, I generally prefer slightly more upscale places like TGIF, Hard Rock Cafe, Ruby Tuesday or Dan Ryans.

Graham