Other 1/60 scale thingies for dios, targets, etc.

dur

Forgive me if my search-fu is off, but I thought an updated thread would be beneficial anyways.  For those of you who like your valks interacting with other things, what else is in 1/60 scale?

I've bought myself a masterpiece starscream just to use as an F-15 for my macross zero era toys to blow up (just wish there was also an f-14...).  I was even thinking about getting some 1/60 gundams to fight, but I can't really locate anything else in this odd scale.

There are a few 1:60 around, like the 1:64 diecast cars, a few Japanese 1:60 diecast military vehicles. Don’t forget the 1:64 F-14 from corgi.

in plastic toy form, I am eyeing at the Takara diaclones (and their KO MechFanToys), you got also the 1:60 full metal panic mechas.

and last thing you can experiment with a 1:72 figures that can be oversized just enough to do a great illusion as 1:60 figures

Amazing display!  Thanks for the tips on the 1/60 things!  Out of curiosity, do diaclone pilots fit in the cockpit of any VF's :) ?  PS Thanks for the tip on the Tomcat- going to buy it and "fix" it (repaint, re-decal.  Hopefully with some scaled up markings).

5 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Concerning the Tomcat from corgi, I made on shapeways a display adapter so it can be displayed together with the VF-0 on a dual Yamato stand (yeti ones).

And also a set of wheels, to display it on deck on normal position and also in crouched position. 

D393C0D7-3CA2-4C91-B0FD-AB9A1352E34A.jpeg

7EC2B406-8EFF-49CB-BD56-1AD7BFAD9666.jpeg

39230B42-03A4-4A64-9E8D-8563DF08F11B.jpeg

850AD272-CB13-43D6-94DB-70A85E23B200.jpeg

14BCC4C7-969A-4F00-9060-2826EEE2CF39.jpeg

Those 1/72 carrier deck bases always seem to work well with 1/60 stuff too...:good:

large.20180711_205028.jpg.9d4d9fe5929ef4

• 2 weeks later...

@xigfrid, did you 3D print your own 1/60 AMRAAM's and AIM-9's, or are those from a kit or something?  I just got in my Starscream (i.e. F-15 standin) and corgi f-14 and am looking for some ordinance.  I was thinking of trying to 3D print some AIM-54's as well, cause what's an F-14 without it's AIM-54's :)?

Also, for that carrier base, are you using 1/72?  1/60 is exactly 20% off from both 1/72 and 1/48 in either direction, so I'm not sure which one tends to look better.  IMHO the DX macross valks look 1/72-ish while the Arcadia VF-0 series really looks like 1/48 with a 1/60 pilot stuck in a cockpit that's way too large.

I guess for everyone's information, I'm going to try and order some of the "1/72" fighters from aliexpress that are a little oversized (I believe several of the Russian and Chinese fighters are actually 1/68) to see how they fit together.  

If you know him, you can ask "Ratatarse" who made this custom for me. I believe that he made all the ordinance from 1:72 left overs. The decals were bought from Ebay (Chinese copy of the Hasegawa kit's).

About the pilots, I believe too that the Arcadia pilots scale is great compared to the DX ones. I think the Arcadia VF-0 are greatly scaled even the cockpit,  you will compare it with the Corgi F-14's cockpit, and they look in scale together. I have designed the F-14 pilots and 3D printed them in resin so they come with Macross Zero helmets and jackets. But you can use Arcadia VF-0 pilots to fit into the Corgi F-14 too.

The carrier deck base is a 1:72 one from TSM / herpa, looks like a challenge to find one nowadays.

• 1 year later...