VFs Top views

Orichiel

This is a request that would benefit the community world wide as a whole.

I've been looking for top views of various variable fighters but the only ones that exists are for the fighter mode and virtually nothing for gerwalk or battroid mode. So here's my request to all who can provide either model kit pictures or line art, please share top view images. Preferable with good detail quality and in all variants, with and without packs.

Thanks for the tip but HobbySearch doesn't have any more to offer than what's already there for the VF-0 and VF-1 and none for all others.

There simply exist no kind of top view images whatsoever for battroid or gerwalk for all other VFs. I'm confident in saying a hundred of thousands more images won't turn up anything.

There are reasons that those pictures don't really exist. Gerwalk tends to look just like fighter with bits of the arms and feet showing (except at varying angles depending on how the person poses it) and battroid mode would look like looking down at a person's head obviously... not an exciting shot. What is it you're going to be using these pics for? Maybe if you can get people excited about the project they'd be willing to take some pics of toys they already have out on display.

But you would expect it for a technical and official release like the Master Files but no it's still noobish laymanish. The only reason it got one for the VF-1 is probably because it was made earlier for the Sky Angels book.

Just a mod nothing to be excited about. There's no guarantee I'm going to create any more VF. My request is for future's sake.

https://streamable.com/fngxj

https://streamable.com/xvvt6

5 hours ago, Orichiel said:

But you would expect it for a technical and official release like the Master Files but no it's still noobish laymanish.

That's kind of the point, though...

The Variable Fighter Master File books aren't written to be uber-detailed technical manuals, they're written as in-universe civilian mass market books about the development and service history of the featured model of variable fighter.  They're basically the Macross universe's equivalent of the books Haynes publishes about modern fighter jets that any schmuck can buy at Barnes and Noble.  That keeps them accessible to their actual intended audience, Macross fans who don't have backgrounds in aerospace engineering and nuclear physics.

Certainly, it's not supposed to be detailed that you can build it in real, yet, that theory definitely is not correct either. Because the Master File do provide internal structural and components view similar to what the professional Flight International magazine does. And further there are also depictions of Mach wave front and CFD flow short of FEM simulations, both you can only find in research papers. They do aim high. This is very much an oversight since the overview drawings are only for the fighter mode while the main thing, the variable part, is completely missing.

18 hours ago, Orichiel said:

Certainly, it's not supposed to be detailed that you can build it in real, yet, that theory definitely is not correct either. Because the Master File do provide internal structural and components view similar to what the professional Flight International magazine does.

There are plenty of civilian mass-market publications that do that... I've got loads of 'em at home, and not just for fighters either.  

And further there are also depictions of Mach wave front and CFD flow short of FEM simulations, both you can only find in research papers.

Not in the VF-1 volumes... I know those show up in the VF-19 book as part of its discussion of how the forward-swept wing affected its aerodynamics.

This is very much an oversight since the overview drawings are only for the fighter mode while the main thing, the variable part, is completely missing.

The very first book has side-on plan views of GERWALK mode and front/rear, side, and top/bottom views of Battroid mode on literally the next two pages after fighter mode.  There's also an entire volume devoted to the VF-1's Battroid mode.  Neglecting the variable system they most certainly aren't.