• 11 months later...
  • azrael changed the title to The Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad 2)
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

I agree with @Kanedas Bike. Looks real good. I'll like it even more if they're serious about the Ayer cut of the first movie.

I'd be curious to see an Ayer cut of the fist one, but if it doesn't see the light of day it'll be fine.

My hope is that Synder can nail his 'cut' of Justice League - if DC and Warner can pull that off then maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. lol

-b.

17 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

I'd be curious to see an Ayer cut of the fist one, but if it doesn't see the light of day it'll be fine.

My hope is that Synder can nail his 'cut' of Justice League - if DC and Warner can pull that off then maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. lol

-b.

I just hope The Snyder Cut gets the franchise back on track. I'd be more than happy to relegate Joss Wheadon's reshoot to a Flashpoint casualty.

3 hours ago, Scyla said:

That’s an awful lot characters cramped into one movie.

It's par for the course for the Suicide Squad. Expect half of them to be eaten by King Shark before a third of the movie is up and another third dead before the movie is half over. The rest may or may not survive what looks to be a final battle right out of Commando or the Expendables series.

37 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I like that Harley is a in a proper Harley costume.  Not sure who that that POS Pete Davidson is playing, but let's hope he gets killed off early.

Fingers crossed. He didn't feature too heavily in the promo videos so he's either dead meat or they're saving him for some sort of surprise. My money is on him being meat.

-b.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It looks a lot like an R rated guardians of the galaxy. That’s not a bad thing though. The character attitudes and are very similar in this trailer. They have a really strong non human character, the guy that takes things too literally the kinda down the middle serious yet kinda goofy lead, and the serious character that complains about how everyone is gonna get em killed, and the female character that thinks everything is funny and makes jokes that are funny because they’re not. There was even a furry character for a moment.

I do have more faith in this film though than the majority of the let down dcu films. This might be the first really great one. There’s been a lot of just bad movies, a couple ok ones and a couple good, but not great ones. But this is looking good so far 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching it...it was fun....but did not feel it was any better than the first Suicide Squad....I'm thinking it may be a bigger deal for fans of the DC Comics who are more familiar with the characters....as a casual fan, it just seems like more of DC trying to catch up to Marvel....except Marvel took their sweet time to get to the point where we would be "OK" with a talking racoon.....in this movie, we are supposed to just be OK with a weasel creature with no explanation as to who he/she/it is...other than it's "supposed" to be funny.....at this point I am just waiting for Dune on HBOMax and will probably cancel my subscription....and I won't even ask about the shark character's background and why he looks that way and everyone is fine with it...again....just go with it I suppose....

Edited by jvmacross

Unabashedly violent, yet doesn’t take itself too seriously.

I was looking for a silly fun romp, and this film delivered.

Seriously,

Spoiler

a film that has the two stone cold, skilled killers trying to top each other . . . and they find out they’re killing “friendlies.”  A scary mind controlling space monster that looks like a dude in a rubber starfish suit with a big honking eye?! :huh:🤣

THAT’S how you subvert expectations!

Another thing....didn't Bruce Wayne/Batman tell Waller to shutdown the Suice Squad in the last movie?  Did she blackmail him?  Is that a wise thing to do to Batman?

The other thing about both movies is why didn't any of the "real" superheroes simply show up and "take care of the problem"?  Why is there a need for a Suicide Squad.  With an entity like Superman who can apparently hear things anywhere in the world....

Spoiler

how would it be possible for him to have not heard or have known about Starro?  Even if for some reason the Nazis would have built some kind of sound/motion proof facility....Superman would have heard the "ruckuss" once it got out....surely he would have been aware of the events rapidly unfolding at Corto Maltese. 

How are these things explained in the comics?  

• sh9000 changed the title to The Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad 2) and All Spinoff Series
  • azrael changed the title to The Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad 2)