Let's be honest Aladdin isn't really killing it in the Ladies department.  He's just a little too rough of a diamond.

And that's where Hitch, I mean, the Genie comes in.

He just need to show him how to be comfortable in his own skin, you know, around Princesses and such.

• 2 months later...

Oh wow.

Wooow.

WOOOOOOOOW.

That... Why does it look like it should have premiered on the Disney Channel? That is... just all sorts of yikes. It looks so amateurish and cheap. Like the dance choreography is as boring as possible, and the cinematography is bland, and they travel like half a city block throughout that whole clip, and... Oh, it's directed by Guy Ritchie, you say? Well that explains it, then.

Sheesh. What a phenomenal disappointment.

110% with you bud...

to quote my housemate: "Disney has ALL the **** money to throw at something like this, and this **** is what we get for it!?"

Agreed there's just zero energy, it must've been insanely awkward to film too. Just a mess of people in expensive costumes on an expensive set, fake smiling and cheering while Will Smith just kind of walks down the street and talks at people in a tone and with music that reminds them of Aladdin... Also, gotta wonder if Disney is expecting this to land with a thud as well, the release date they chose speaks to having little faith in this film IMO, after Endgame but before Toy Story 4? Is that where flops go to die?

7 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Don't let that creepy thumbnail scare you off, this was quite funny! 

That "turned me off" from their channel for a long time--but once I finally clicked on one, I found that "despite their stupid bug-eye stills", I do like much of what they put out. 

31 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

That "turned me off" from their channel for a long time--but once I finally clicked on one, I found that "despite their stupid bug-eye stills", I do like much of what they put out. 

This was one of those random videos I just saw on YouTube and thought how bad could it be? I'm glad I clicked on it, the GoT pitch meeting was hilarious! 

Well I've seen it. My opinion? It's okay. I was entertained, and didn't feel ripped off. I'd say it's biggest faults are the musical interludes. They tended to have a habit of interrupting the flow of the film with the exception of a couple(friend like me and Prince Ali). The interludes just don't mesh well or as seamlessly as original did, and Jasmine's new song is just bad. Maybe the film should have axed the musical and made a straight up adventure film? The climax doesn't hold up as well as the original either.

The best parts were the banter between the Genie and well... Pretty much everyone. If I had to pick the best part it would be the formal introduction of Prince Ali and Jasmine. That scene alone is almost worth the admission.

Overall I'd say it's maybe worth a rent or watching with your kids or loved ones when it hits cable.