Bandai's TN2018 26th to 28th Oct - Macross Poll

seti88

Macross at TN 2018?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which next DX release would be announced at TN 2018?

2. 2. Which next HMR release would be announced at TN 2018?

• Tomahawk Destroid
    • Phalanx Destroid
    • N-GER battle suit
    • VF-4G FB colors
    • VF-0A/S
    • VF-1EX
    • VF-1J armored (black)
    • Other HMR not mentioned
  3. 3. What new macross merchandise could be shown/prototyped?

• Something from SDFM/DYRL
    • Something from M7
    • Something from M+
    • Something from M0
    • Something from MF
    • Something from MD
    • Something from VF-X game
    • Something from Macross the First
  4. 4. Just to close off it off, will there be macross merchandise at TN.

• Does Macross have singing girls?
    • Macross got dimension bombed! No Macross shown!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/18 at 04:00 PM

I'm fairly confident this means an HM-R VF-4 (and possibly a series of 19s like VF-19 and YF-19) is on the way, which would be sweet. Then again, maybe it will just be teased at the show. And we know how Bandai has been with teasing products in HM-R, and then waiting a while to release them...

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

That's cool if it is a VF-4, but DAMMIT Bandai!! Finish the Destroids and give us a TV QRau! 

As far as the destroids, my thoughts exactly. It's my opinion that Bandai is holding out on these to keep people's attention on the line, knowing that they are the ones people still want.

24 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

FB2012 VF-4 in any form is welcome, but I worry that an HMR version would take parts-swapping to a whole new level.  Like basically the entire top half of battroid swapping-out, and only the legs being used in both modes...

Seems a pretty unfounded fear. I believe you're thinking of the VF100 line. Since the VF-19Kai, the Hi-Metal have had pretty minimal parts swapping. I think a DX toy could be absolutely glorious, especially if they included a pivot point at the shoulder pauldron, At the HMR scale, my expectations are quite a bit lower but I'm not too concerned about excess partforming. The VF-2SS has some really inventive mechanisms... no reason to think this won't also.

Man, if true, a FB2012 color scheme in toy form. How long have we been waiting for that. :search:

If bandai pulls it off well, it will be awesome if they make variants. After all, even the VF-2 had another variant release, and bandai wouldn't just milk the mold once.  
Hopefully sales would be good enough. Who am i kidding right.....

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Only a week left till the event!

Cant help wishing for nice surprises! Wish Bandai allows pics ... would have loved to see prototypes up close...

I'm sure that some pics will leak out (unless there's ready tight security and implemented an all media ban).  

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

I'm sure that some pics will leak out (unless there's ready tight security and implemented an all media ban).  

There's no such thing as 'tight security' as long you have your mobile devices and James Bond's 'pins and pens cameras' in your pocket. :rolleyes:

Rest assured that the first batches of photos were going to see are taken from a distance. That's for sure. ;)

31 minutes ago, borgified said:

So sad to think that I had to ditch my plans to go to the event because of work related reasons; I could have been there to take the super secret pics! LOL

I saw some empty blue display cases behind the vf-4 display...perhaps going to be used this Sunday for the public...

if I recall correctly it was a Sunday when Bandai unveiled the vf-4 prototype and the vf-2, etc but absolutely no photos were allowed..and I thk there is a separate building/hall for that

just wait and see...

Looks like some photos have some displays blurred out too...2F213601-AC7C-4942-BB09-D6E18F78A034.thumb.jpeg.8eb1d7598e28d565be849d79950e5b55.jpeg

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

I saw some empty blue display cases behind the vf-4 display...perhaps going to be used this Sunday for the public...

if I recall correctly it was a Sunday when Bandai unveiled the vf-4 prototype and the vf-2, etc but absolutely no photos were allowed..and I thk there is a separate building/hall for that

just wait and see...

Looks like some photos have some displays blurred out too...2F213601-AC7C-4942-BB09-D6E18F78A034.thumb.jpeg.8eb1d7598e28d565be849d79950e5b55.jpeg

What a beaut. Finally, an FB2012. :wub: 

Btw, the one in the background with blur. Another VF-1 type? :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Eeew, that knee hinge looks horrible :(

I hope they just bent it at the wrong point. Seems like it's double-hinged.

That's how it is also on YamArcadia. Double-hinged. It's how it folds in Fighter mode.

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

MW forums: Hey Bandai, the HMR valks are nice and all, but we really like the non-valks in the line.  Could we maybe finish the destroid line?  Get some more enemy mecha?

Bandai:  More valks, coming right up.

Haha and have a 1/6000 SDF-1 too *slap*