Jump to content

The Mandalorian - Star Wars webseries from Jon Favreau


Recommended Posts

For the Key & Peele fans.

If you don't know what I'm talking about the video that this references is below...........................and super funny.

G-Rouge.thumb.jpg.0fdfdc3252bb6088d0a3f121403d222e.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A-A-Ron is probably thanking his lucky stars the teacher has a new focus for his ire. ;)

Edited by Mog
Link to post
Share on other sites

What would Boba have to worry about though?  Luke did destroy Boba’s rifle, but he did tie up Luke and almost shot him in the back in ROTJ.

It’s just that a dumbass sail barge gunner and Han’s lucky swipe interrupted their fight.

If anything, I think Boba’s smart enough not to pick a fight and just tell Luke, “You owe me a rifle, Jedi.”  Especially if he saw the crumpled piles of Darktroopers all across the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mog said:

What would Boba have to worry about though?  Luke did destroy Boba’s rifle, but he did tie up Luke and almost shot him in the back in ROTJ.

It’s just that a dumbass sail barge gunner and Han’s lucky swipe interrupted their fight.

If anything, I think Boba’s smart enough not to pick a fight and just tell Luke, “You owe me a rifle, Jedi.”  Especially if he saw the crumpled piles of Darktroopers all across the ship.

Since we are speculating..... I assume that Boba knows what Din's mission was in terms of Grogu....so does that mean Boba has had the time to reflect on his life while being digested by the Sarlacc....or did his escape happen rather quickly after the events we saw in ROTJ?

If he got out quickly, then I do not see how revenge would not be part of his endgame....after all, a (the) Jedi decapitated his father and a (the) Jedi had a hand in his "demise" at the Sarlacc pit....he does seems to have a "personal code" he lives by and he seems to live up to his "word"...but that "word" he gave to Din to help him deliver Grogu to "his people" has now been met and is over....who knows, maybe the Jedi screwing him across his lifetime is now just "water under the bridge" to him....but I hope not, to me he does not seem to be a character that lets bygones be bygones...or at minimum that whole history between him and the Jedi needs to at least be reconciled somehow on screen, preferably at some point in his upcoming show and not on some friggin' book or comic!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in Clone Wars, Boba did go after Mace but wound up in jail because of it. Plus, he showed signs of guilt about deceiving the younger clones and some of the clone officers in the process.

If Boba does have a hit list for getting tossed in the Sarlacc pit, it’s probably (in order of preference):

* Han;

* A gunner on Jabba’s sail barge (assuming he survived Luke’s saber-waving barrage on the barge’s deck AND the sail barge blowing up); and 

* MAYBE Luke.

But again, Luke isn’t directly responsible for Boba’s little flight and landing into the pit.

It’d be like me getting more pissed at the dude I picked a fight with, rather than his friend who decided to stab me in the back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mog said:

But again, Luke isn’t directly responsible for Boba’s little flight and landing into the pit.

Well, from a certain point of view.....

Luke is completely responsible for what happened to Boba and everyone else on Jabba's barge that day.....if he had not shown up things would have turned out much differently....without Luke, it was just up to Leia, R2, C3-PO (well, he was onsite) and Lando to free Han and Chewie.....and at that moment Leia was in chains and Lando completely outgunned on the skiff....seriously, the entire Han rescue plan revolved on Luke pulling off a win....

It's kind of like thinking if Luke had not shown up at the end of The Mandalorian Season 2 things would have ended in triumph for Din and Co.....not likely and it definitely did not look like it would have ended in success if Luke had not arrived just in time....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just agree that Boba was a complete dumbass in ROTJ?

Boba sees a guy flailing around with a laser-sword, and his first inclination is to fight the dude AT CLOSE RANGE.

Does no one ever listen to HK-47’s sage advice about defeating a Jedi?!

Boba’s got a jetpack.  Why not engage from a distance?  Toss grenades and other long-range weapons at your opponent?  Or aim same said weapons at your opponent’s blind and Wookiee friends?  Or blast at the wires holding Lando up?  Do things to take advantage of a Jedi’s selfless nature.

And before even considering all that, why didn’t Boba just aim at the skiff and FIRE THE BLOODY ROCKET STRAPPED TO HIS BACK?

:unknw:

Yeah, others are responsible for him getting bumped into a pit, but Boba’s own lack of strategy put him into bad circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mog said:

If anything, I think Boba’s smart enough not to pick a fight and just tell Luke, “You owe me a rifle, Jedi.”  Especially if he saw the crumpled piles of Darktroopers all across the ship.

Oh man, I would pay good money to see that worked into a future episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mog said:

Boba sees a guy flailing around with a laser-sword, and his first inclination is to fight the dude AT CLOSE RANGE.

 

Guessing after years of not having any other chances to inflict his "revenge" on the Jedi....since being taken away during the purge.....seeing Luke flailing around with the weapon of a Jedi "triggered" him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well , I believe Boba Fett might have some " personal grudge" against Jedi and Luke. But i also think that time and (more) experience has tempered that grudge. I'm sure some would love to see Boba put one over Luke , in the future, but I agree that what happened on Jabba's sail barge was business and not a personal fight. I would hope Boba has more sense in his life story now, not to be driven by revenge. What happens on Jabba's barge , stays on Jabba's barge. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mog said:

Can we just agree that Boba was a complete dumbass in ROTJ?

Boba sees a guy flailing around with a laser-sword, and his first inclination is to fight the dude AT CLOSE RANGE.

Does no one ever listen to HK-47’s sage advice about defeating a Jedi?!

Boba’s got a jetpack.  Why not engage from a distance?  Toss grenades and other long-range weapons at your opponent?  Or aim same said weapons at your opponent’s blind and Wookiee friends?  Or blast at the wires holding Lando up?  Do things to take advantage of a Jedi’s selfless nature.

And before even considering all that, why didn’t Boba just aim at the skiff and FIRE THE BLOODY ROCKET STRAPPED TO HIS BACK?

:unknw:

Yeah, others are responsible for him getting bumped into a pit, but Boba’s own lack of strategy put him into bad circumstances.

You assume he wanted to kill Luke. By this point there's likely a huge bounty on Luke to be taken in alive from the Emperor or Vader themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO I think if Boba and Luke run into each other in future shows they should have some contempt for each other, but not come to blows. They are effectively "on the same side". It would be an opportunity for some good tension and snappy digs at the other person. That would be entertaining.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sqidd said:

They are effectively "on the same side".

I don't think Boba has a side....except his side.....or if you happen to be on it at any given time...lol

4sd9fq.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 5:00 PM, Mog said:

Can we just agree that Boba was a complete dumbass in ROTJ?

Boba sees a guy flailing around with a laser-sword, and his first inclination is to fight the dude AT CLOSE RANGE.

Does no one ever listen to HK-47’s sage advice about defeating a Jedi?!

Boba’s got a jetpack.  Why not engage from a distance?  Toss grenades and other long-range weapons at your opponent?  Or aim same said weapons at your opponent’s blind and Wookiee friends?  Or blast at the wires holding Lando up?  Do things to take advantage of a Jedi’s selfless nature.

And before even considering all that, why didn’t Boba just aim at the skiff and FIRE THE BLOODY ROCKET STRAPPED TO HIS BACK?

:unknw:

Yeah, others are responsible for him getting bumped into a pit, but Boba’s own lack of strategy put him into bad circumstances.

Let's face it: Boba had a hangover from the previous night and wasn't on his "A-game" when engaging Luke. In hindsight, he probably recognized that and decided to let the entire thing go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Let's face it: Boba had a hangover from the previous night and wasn't on his "A-game" when engaging Luke. In hindsight, he probably recognized that and decided to let the entire thing go.

Too bad he wasn't like Focker who fights better when drunk! :drinks:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean in all fairness Cara’s contribution to S2 wasn’t much but it was at least more than Karga. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What an odd thing to criticize. I mean, Boba isn’t on the poster either. Neither is Cobb Vanth from the first arc, the Mythrol, nor Mayfeld. Is there a written rule that every Star Wars poster needs to illustrate every character?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...