Jump to content
SMS007

The Mandalorian - Star Wars webseries from Jon Favreau

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It was grand and revolutionary. :good:

 

Reading up on Wiki to refamiliarize myself with the Captain Power show and saw J. Michael Straczynski was their writer! Wow, no wonder it was good! 

I'd pay real money to see some Star Wars by J. Michael Straczynski too btw.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Power was a very dark show for kids. I remember being upset about the last episode or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mandalorian, first trailer

His name is "Chrommy"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy frak does that look good!

They had me at Werner Herzog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! I might be in for that.....but the Ewan Obi Wan series just announced as well???!!! Disney might have my monthly money with both!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney coming for all of your monies...

Trailer looks AWESOME.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me want a movie or series about my boy IG-88.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

This makes me want a movie or series about my boy IG-88.

Was that him in the trailer? That droid did look pretty sweet firing off those blasters.

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Was that him in the trailer? That droid did look pretty sweet firing off those blasters.

-b.

apparently he's somebody named IG-11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome, Indeed.

5 hours ago, Old_Nash said:

His name is "Chrommy"

Where  did that come from?

That's a horrible name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he unmasks and has a couple scars on his left cheek. . . :ph34r:

. . . We’ll know that Filoni has taken his story to live action.

Long shot, but I’m intrigued to see where this goes regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great. Also stoked for the Obi-Wan series....Finally.

Maybe...Hopefully....Star Wars will shine again after the mess the movies have made. 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bolt said:

Looks awesome, Indeed.

Where  did that come from?

That's a horrible name!

Was a joke with Clint Eastwood' Blondie from Dollar trilogy^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One episode a week. To prevent anyone from binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription.... What about avoiding spoilers for 10 weeks, binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription? Hope there's a 1 free month trial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, troyness said:

One episode a week. To prevent anyone from binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription.... What about avoiding spoilers for 10 weeks, binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription? Hope there's a 1 free month trial. 

Assoalyal-ee-kool-prah-toh kahn kee boong, loopung chona lee pah.

This Bounty Hunter is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive.

Jabba the Hutt approves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 2:28 AM, anime52k8 said:

apparently he's somebody named IG-11.

So he's not IG-88?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 2:28 AM, anime52k8 said:

apparently he's somebody named IG-11.

Gotcha, ty

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Big s said:

Looks rather high quality for a series. I’m in

Looks more like Rogue One than the new trilogy and that's a good thing.

13 hours ago, troyness said:

One episode a week. To prevent anyone from binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription.... What about avoiding spoilers for 10 weeks, binge watching it in a day then cancelling subscription? Hope there's a 1 free month trial. 

We may just cancel Netflix for Disney+ since we have small children, especially a five year old girl that loves princesses!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Assoalyal-ee-kool-prah-toh kahn kee boong, loopung chona lee pah.

This Bounty Hunter is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive.

Jabba the Hutt approves.

 

 

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Looks more like Rogue One than the new trilogy and that's a good thing.

We may just cancel Netflix for Disney+ since we have small children, especially a five year old girl that loves princesses!! 

Ha! Thanks mechaninac.

@TangledThorns Good plan. I'm considering , subscribe to binge watch a series then unsubscribe immediately after to save money. With the "streaming wars" something's gotta give. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes.

Looks like Disney+ wants  to lock  you in for 3 years subscription. Don't love the Mandalorian that much. There goes My binge watching plan. Perhaps I could just buy season 1 from Google Play  after the fact. ... although I'm gonna miss that "happy Disney staff" documentary & coffee table book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what am I supposed to watch for the other 35 months after I gorge on The Mando, Clone Wars’ final season, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Wanda Vision, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, What If?, The Other Series that really, really, REALLY ties to the MCU (even though Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix Marvel series just welcomed Spidey to limbo hell), and Song of the South during that first month? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, troyness said:

Yikes.

Looks like Disney+ wants  to lock  you in for 3 years subscription. Don't love the Mandalorian that much. There goes My binge watching plan. Perhaps I could just buy season 1 from Google Play  after the fact. ... although I'm gonna miss that "happy Disney staff" documentary & coffee table book.

That is incorrect. 

The 3 year plan thing at a very discounted price is for D23 and club members. It is only an OPTION not a requirement.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/disney-plus-streaming-service-release-date-price-shows-and-movies-to-expect-d23-mandalorian/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dobber said:

That is incorrect. 

The 3 year plan thing at a very discounted price is for D23 and club members. It is only an OPTION not a requirement.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/disney-plus-streaming-service-release-date-price-shows-and-movies-to-expect-d23-mandalorian/

Good ole CNET coming to the rescue with actual data.

Thanks @Dobber

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of good info. summed into one article.

Minimal spin and hyping.

And it gives you info. on how this impacts the Marvel and Disney movies and shows still currently on Netflix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I was seriously considering Disney+ just for the ability to have stuff like Chip & Dale, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Ducktales, and Goof Troop at my fingertips.

Good new content will just be the icing on that nostalgia cake. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dobber said:

That is incorrect. 

The 3 year plan thing at a very discounted price is for D23 and club members. It is only an OPTION not a requirement.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/disney-plus-streaming-service-release-date-price-shows-and-movies-to-expect-d23-mandalorian/

Thanks Dobber! 

Alot of newsfeeds are now reporting the same thing. I'm indifferent to Marvel phase 4 & don't have any nostalgia for old Disney movies/tv the Mandalorian & Obi-Wan are all I'm interested in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, troyness said:

Thanks Dobber! 

Alot of newsfeeds are now reporting the same thing. I'm indifferent to Marvel phase 4 & don't have any nostalgia for old Disney movies/tv the Mandalorian & Obi-Wan are all I'm interested in. 

No problem....

I’m pretty much in the same boat....but I like the old Pixar and Disney animated  stuff well enough that the low initial price is fair enough for me. When the prices start going up, I’ll have to re-evaluate things. Really don’t give a crap about Marvel.....I personally find the MCU way overrated. It gets sooo many passes with it’s stupid nonsensical crap, which no other franchise gets, that it has put me off of it completely. But I’m just one insignificant drop of water in an ocean of utter praise and devotion. :blink:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, sqidd said:

I'll watch this.

I'll pirate this... MANDALORE FOREVER!!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...