Jump to content
SMS007

The Mandalorian - Star Wars webseries from Jon Favreau

Recommended Posts

Gorgeous! I miss the cross sections books.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, I don’t think they or anyone else really saw what would happen this year. They will have to to quite a bit of catching up as soon as things normalize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, I get it.  4/20.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've never used drugs but I think that stupid trailer was worse for my brain than sniffing glue.

Edited by TangledThorns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laughs! I didn't know it was a fantrailer until Yoda finally showed up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 3 will be subtitled “The Search for Ezra.” :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The directors’ ep was fairly cool.

* Convinces you that Filoni should have a bigger role in reviewing ALL Star Wars stories.

* I never knew that Chow directed an ep of Mr. Robot.

* And I would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening in on Ron Howard, Lucas, and Kurosawa having a conversation.

Edited by Mog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

So not as Rex but Boba Fett it seems.

why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

However, Rex & Boba would be about 45 by the time of Mandalorian. Given Rex’s accelerated aging, he’d seem closer to 90 years old by that time. 
I’m ok with letting his ROTJ retcon cameo be his final entry. They didn’t even show him during the Rebels epilogue, so he may have just hung up his helmet after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone hasn't yet watched the new Gallery shows on Disney+, I highly recommend it.  Kathleen Kennedy is there at the beginning of the 2nd show, but thankfully NOT long. She cuts off one director and steers the conversation to herself. You can see Favreau is just annoyed by her.  ANYHWHOOO.....The last 10 minutes of the 2nd one, Dave Filoni just talks about Star Wars. He won't stop, and it is GLORIOUS!  Now I'm a life long Star Wars fan of 45 years and he brings up stuff even I never picked up on.  Just amazing.  If anyone has any doubt, watch this and then tell me that he shouldn't be in charge of all things Star Wars moving forward.  He IS THE MAN! (I'm not saying so much from a business perspective, I'm sure he's not interested in that, but from a creative aspect)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

If anyone hasn't yet watched the new Gallery shows on Disney+, I highly recommend it.  Kathleen Kennedy is there at the beginning of the 2nd show, but thankfully NOT long. She cuts off one director and steers the conversation to herself. You can see Favreau is just annoyed by her.  ANYHWHOOO.....The last 10 minutes of the 2nd one, Dave Filoni just talks about Star Wars. He won't stop, and it is GLORIOUS!  Now I'm a life long Star Wars fan of 45 years and he brings up stuff even I never picked up on.  Just amazing.  If anyone has any doubt, watch this and then tell me that he shouldn't be in charge of all things Star Wars moving forward.  He IS THE MAN! (I'm not saying so much from a business perspective, I'm sure he's not interested in that, but from a creative aspect)  

Just watched the 2 available episodes. It is really good. I really liked that all the directors actually work together and are around on set even when it wasn’t their episode to confer with one another and as Taika said make sure he/ they don’t go too off course. Something sorely missing in the sequels.

Dave’s speech at the end of the second episode is really great. I think he really speaks what’s in the soul of many if not most Star Wars fans. He’s genuine and heart felt.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I enjoy about Filoni is that he’s quick to point out where his weaknesses are and give credit to those who helped him improve.

I think he pointed out that, at the start of Clone Wars, he had always storyboarded and then was told that Clone Wars wouldn’t have any storyboarding.

He credits Lucas for improving his abilities in a variety of ways.

He gives major props to Favreau for helping him learning the ins and outs of directing live-action.

Again the collaboration is awesome to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

 Kathleen Kennedy is there at the beginning of the 2nd show, but thankfully NOT long. She cuts off one director and steers the conversation to herself. You can see Favreau is just annoyed by her.  

KK is Disney's Carole Baskin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap!  Filoni actually made me appreciate Phantom Menace now. :shok:

Bloody brilliant and beautiful explanation for the first six movie episodes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mog said:

Holy crap!  Filoni actually made me appreciate Phantom Menace now. :shok:

Bloody brilliant and beautiful explanation for the first six movie episodes!

I've said this for the longest time, but there is nothing actually wrong with the over arching story of The Phantom Menace or the rest of the prequels. The directing and script dialog are its weak spots.

 

The Sequel Trilogy have almost  the complete opposite problem. There's no question the films were at least competently directed and the three films had nowhere near the same amount of cringy lines the Phantom Menace did. The sequel trilogy's problem is the story itself is so inherently flawed, contradictory, incoherent and dysfunctional not just from film to film, but internally in the single films themselves.

They're a broken mess and it shows the had no game plan or thought of an overarching storyline when they began the project. When your new "canon" novels and comics waste most of their time trying to either explain the story or retcon parts of the film leading to even more contradictions and retcons, you know you've screwed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, renegadeleader1 said:

I've said this for the longest time, but there is nothing actually wrong with the over arching story of The Phantom Menace or the rest of the prequels. The directing and script dialog are its weak spots.

I agree.  

Just think there should have been less “dumb luck” bits in TPM.  Have Anakin and Jar Jar make conscious choices to be heroic at the end.

With AOTC, the romance fell flat (what’s Padme’s motivation for liking Anakin?).  And overall, there was too much “tell me,” rather than “demonstrate it” in the characters’ actions and interactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mog said:

I agree.  

Just think there should have been less “dumb luck” bits in TPM.  Have Anakin and Jar Jar make conscious choices to be heroic at the end.

With AOTC, the romance fell flat (what’s Padme’s motivation for liking Anakin?).  And overall, there was too much “tell me,” rather than “demonstrate it” in the characters’ actions and interactions.

I agree with both of you. When I saw AotC in IMAX they needed to edit the movie and cut several scenes so that it would fit in the IMAX projectors memory. They basically cut all the cringe “romance” and Anakins tantrum at the begining and I gotta say....The movie was SO much better. When Padmé confessed her love for Anakin at the end it actually worked better because the little we did see was decently done and then our natural imaginations filled in the blanks. I often wish I could see that cut again.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished that second episode and Filoni is THE GUY that should be running Star Wars, especially after Lucas departs this Earth. He gets it, better than most fans. Filoni explaining Anakin and family made me rethink my appreciation for the prequels.

Also, KK is bad. Just bad. Her rudely injecting herself into the conversation the way she did and watching Jon Favreau's body language to her said it all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I just finished that second episode and Filoni is THE GUY that should be running Star Wars, especially after Lucas departs this Earth. He gets it, better than most fans. Filoni explaining Anakin and family made me rethink my appreciation for the prequels.

Also, KK is bad. Just bad. Her rudely injecting herself into the conversation the way she did and watching Jon Favreau's body language to her said it all. 

 

Yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those in favor of having Filoni go over all Star Wars related media for story content and for a sanity/consistency check, say “Aye.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So say we all. Oh, um... "aye."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...