3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

So... big question?

Hide contents

What if Boba Fett was onboard the cruiser to join his Mandbros/bras when Luke Skywalker boarded? Akward?

Already brought that up....

Spoiler

nope...he hyperspaced out of the area once he knew the rest were aboard Gideon's ship.....which is odd since his "debt" to Din was not technically paid until Grogu was back in Din's possession....he probably confirmed it and in doing so was told about the Jedi in black robes and a green lightsaber that saved the day.....

Better go setup my Criminal Enterprise....being a good guy sucks!!! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, DWN013 said:

Man, I've been absolutely giddy for the past 24 hours.  Filoni and Favreau have given us the best star wars Christmas present we could have possibly gotten this year.  Makes me hopeful we will eventually get disney to split the timelines in something similar to this: (since they will probably never actually decanonize the ST)

EU timeline, Filoni timeline, and Kennedy timeline, all with equal canon status, with George's 6 movies being the core of all three.  Do it already, disney!  It'll let you print more money!

Works for Macross.....

3 minutes ago, Mog said:

@jvmacrossHe delegated that work to Fennec.

That's just you plugging up the plot holes for yourself with your own "interpretation"....and yes, it would have made for more drama than was required for the finale,

Spoiler

knowing the history between him and Luke, specifically....

but what transpired was more based on what the script needed to happen and not necessarily what should have happened....which I can forgive....being that nothing else really mattered at that awesome moment

I was actually referring to Boba flying around in Slave I.

His flying away makes the subterfuge a little more convincing.

But if he came back a little later, he could have picked off some huge obstacles.  

But in the process of doing that, he and Slave I would have took some shine off of that later “moment.”

Yeah, plot contrivance.  But semi-reasonable excuses can be made.

<Typing off the phone, so trying to not get too spoilery.>

I did like that bit of dialogue...

Spoiler

...between Bo Katan and Fett. Yep, the Fetts-are-not-Mandalorians-line still runs deep to this day. Even more so with Boba in the armor.

Also that subtle shot at Rey and training...yeh take that.

Some other stuff I liked after the second watch....

Spoiler

...they finally went there....with the Imp pilot's "certain point of view" regarding the destruction of the Death Star.....yep....the rebels are terrorists for the "regular" Imp rank and file! LOL

I did not know that Cara's face tat represented a "tear for Alderaan"...had that been mentioned before? 

Another "Alien(s)" homage scene with blasting the Dark Troopers into space! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for December 2021!

Another Mando-SHIELD connection:

Spoiler

The jerkwad Imp pilot is the same actor who played the punk-ass villain in Season 7 of SHIELD.

His voice sounded vaguely familiar, and someone on another board pointed it out.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

2 Seasons of The Mandalorian really made me forget those two JJ-directed Star Wars movie. Looking forward to Season 3 and The Book of Boba Fett. :good:

Luckily for me it was possible to enjoy (mostly) the Sequel Trilogy and The Mandalorian (which IS better in many, MANY, ways). :D

And it's official, The Book of Boba Fett is a stand-alone series, which I'm really happy about.

-b.

That was a great ending to season 2! The Mandalorian has yet to disappoint me. Even the fillers were filled with interesting character moments, good acting and sweet action. Also don't mind the inclusion of new characters as they all went to forwarding the story and, to me, didn't feel like simple add-ons.

Spoiler

It was a great episode all the way through! Loved them charging onto the ship and Din's fight with the Dark Trooper as well as with Gideon. I've never seen Rebels, so I see needing to win the Dark Saber in order to wield it as a pretty neat plot-device. Especially for Mandalorian's who are almost like the Klingons of Star Wars, with a deep warrior code. Win it to wield it and gain the support needed to lead in the bigger fight.

And I loved that save! The X-Wing and green saber and that Vader-like ass-whooping all the way through the ship! But still, my jaw fell when Luke put his hood back. Great moment. Then Din took his helmet off and Grogu touched his face and it was just a real nice ending to this season.

Now we need to see how they progress with Bo-Kataan and the Dark Saber, and will they just have a duel in order for her to win it back.

As for Boba flying off, I have no problem with it. When the others boarded, the Imps were still in charge of the bridge and, with no TIE fighters to get in the way, could have easily opened up with their AA guns and swatted Slave-1 out of the sky. Nor could he have landed in the bay with the shuttle in the way (though yes there are other entrances) and he had no way of knowing the Dark Troopers would be flushed from the ship and then just fly right back on board.

The Luke deep fake looks better but both need work on mouth movement. As for the Rouge 1 stuff, I never had a problem with the Tarkin but will admit the Deep Fake does look better. The Leia looks better hands down. This deep fake stuff is scary.

Chris

Luke's entire appearance was off.  You know they could have also just kept the hood over the double's head and have Hamil do the voice over.  We would never get good look at his face but we'd all know by his voice that this is Luke.

Hamil's performance seem off too.  His lines were very simple and almost, emotionless.  Maybe he suppose to be in a super calm peaceful Jedi Master state.  I watched it and think maybe his performance was limited by technology.

Boba should had been in the room.  I wanted him ready to take his revenge on Luke and then he'd start crying like a baby when Mando was telling Baby Yoda to go with Luke.

44 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Boba should had been in the room.  I wanted him ready to take his revenge on Luke and then he'd start crying like a baby when Mando was telling Baby Yoda to go with Luke.

Revenge for what?  Cutting his favorite rifle in half?

He had Luke dead in his sights, until that stupidly lucky nerfherder hit the On switch on Boba’s jetpack.

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The scene in TROS where Luke is training Leia was one of the highlights of the entire Sequel Trilogy.....I am glad the gimmick was used again to finally show us the Jedi Master Luke we all wanted to see in the ST....:good:

That was a gawd awful scene. They were basically doing the equivalent of banging sticks or baseball bats at each other. Cinematic swordplay is, unfortunately, a lost art in western cinema. While this episode's hallway scene was good, it was wasn't as good as Rogue One's hallway hack&slash scene.

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Luke's entire appearance was off.  You know they could have also just kept the hood over the double's head and have Hamil do the voice over.  We would never get good look at his face but we'd all know by his voice that this is Luke.

Hamil's performance seem off too.  His lines were very simple and almost, emotionless.  Maybe he suppose to be in a super calm peaceful Jedi Master state.  I watched it and think maybe his performance was limited by technology.

That's cuz his mouth wasn't moving right. Just like Tarkin in Rogue One, there was something wrong to trip your fake person detector. The deep fake posted above does a better job on the face but the mouth....still off.