:blink:. . . :shok:. . .:yahoo:

That about sums it up.

Spoiler

Damn. 

I don't know where they go from here now.

Obviously, Mando's got the Darksaber.  Seems kinda silly that Bo didn't want to take it, since THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT SHE DID WHEN SABINE GAVE IT TO HER THE LAST TIME.

If it was the only Star Wars show on the horizon, I'd be more excited about what direction The Mandalorian takes now.  But with the billion other Star Wars shows announced, I'm kinda scared they're gonna spread out all the potential stories too thinly.

Fun little backdoor pilot they did with the stinger at the end.  But I couldn't be the only one who was like, "Umm, don't stand there.  Don't you know there's a trap door right under you?!" 

Not sure how I feel about "The Book of Boba Fett," but we'll see.  Didn't we kinda cover this ground already with the "Maul unites the underworld factions" arc in Clone Wars?  In any case, I don't think Boba's gonna be loaning out Slave I, so looks like Mando's got time to get a Razor Crest II (thinking strictly for story purposes :angel:).

Just watched the episode....

Spoiler

WOW! 
First, I agree with what was stated above, Bo originally got the Dark Saber because Sabine GAVE IT to her. So this didn’t make much sense.

Second, LUKE!! When the X-Wing showed up I was hoping but also worried it would be a misdirect....but then....we finally get to see what a master he became. I won’t lie, I teared up. I will agree the face mapping thing was so so. If people didn’t like Tarkin or Leia in R1, which I didn’t mind, then they will REALLY not like this. A minor thing IMO.

Lastly, I think our Mando’s story is done for the time being. The stinger at the end said the Book of Boba Fett coming Dec 2021. These two seasons of the Mandalorian have been set as chapters. I think Din’s story is finished. He may show up like Boba did this past season but now is a new story. Then perhaps it will turn to Bo etc.

Fantastic finale, I hope this is quietly erasing the sequels, or Maybe the Ahsoka series will show there are different paths, as it would be sad to think that Grogu was slaughtered and Like failed completely. 

Chris

Once again,

Spoiler

R2D2 shows himself to be the true hero of the entire Star Wars saga.

Grogu wasn't going anywhere until R2 pulled his Jedi mind tricks on the kid.

Kicking ass and being a boss since flying off Naboo.

Damn, what a finale, that was pretty magical. 

Spoiler

THAT was the Luke I wanted to see in the sequel trilogy, Jedi Master. So season 3 will be some kind of retake Mandalore plot? I'm in. Also, Book of Boba? I'm also in. Bib Fortuna even said maklunky, then caught a bad case of the murders. Filoni just gets Star Wars. 

55 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Damn, what a finale, that was pretty magical. 

Reveal hidden contents

THAT was the Luke I wanted to see in the sequel trilogy, Jedi Master. So season 3 will be some kind of retake Mandalore plot? I'm in. Also, Book of Boba? I'm also in. Bib Fortuna even said maklunky, then caught a bad case of the murders. Filoni just gets Star Wars. 

No kidding....

Spoiler

That was what people wanted out of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.  Was that so hard?  Obviously a whole movie isn't just one scene, there's plenty of room to show he's still human and isn't perfect, has doubts, etc, but come on, you know that's what people wanted to see... sigh.  That was awesome, even if the CGI wasn't spectacular. 

Additionally, I'd like to point out that we had a strike force of bad ass "powerful" women, and it absolutely worked, because they didn't make it about them being women.  Once again, was that so hard?

I think there will absolutely be a season 3+

Spoiler

The Mandalorian could essentially claim to be Mandalor now.  Obviously he'd have to accept it take the name and decide to lead his people, but I think we'll be seeing more of him and Bo Katan in the future.  I think she may hound him trying to enlist him as figurehead.  Regarding the Dark Saber being given, maybe that's why she was so desperate to win it this time, being given it by Sabine wasn't enough and her support crumbled in the face of massive Imperial opposition. 

Edited by levzloi

I don't think this season was that good.  Sure it had good moments and cool scenes.  Overhaul I think it was more a vehicle to showcase all the possible spin offs.  First season had many self contained episodes and occasional there was an episode that advanced the plot.   Season finale ended with the hero having met the series villain and taking the quest to return baby Yoda to the Jedi.  Second season Mando was a supporting character to a series of visiting fan favorites.  There was 8 episodes with an average running time of 30 minutes each.  That's enough time for 4 hour long movie.  I think a lot of it was wasted on world building for the spin off series.

FInally.....Lucasfilm gives the fans what the fans want....if they continue to embrace this strategy, then perhaps Star Wars can come back from the dead.....

Spoiler

As for where the heck things are going now....who knows...now that Boba has fulfilled his "deal" with Din....he is now free to do his "Boba Fett" thing I suppose...good thing he left the scene early....he would have encountered the guy that sent him into the Sarlacc, well...one of them!

Regarding the whole Dark Saber BS....if Din was able to take off his helmet...that Mando-gal can suck it up and take the Dark Saber....also, what happened to that other Night Owl....the bro?

Lastly, as I have said before.....the worst part of all this greatness is what it all, in-universe, leads to currently.....I almost am starting to believe that the Sequel Trilogy will slowly start being dismantled.....I think the Ahsoka series will probably play a part in it via the introduction of the "World Between Worlds" concept.....once that happens it will become "mainstream"....as Yoda once said about the future...

Let's hope some of that future gets forgotten.....:drinks:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

FInally.....Lucasfilm gives the fans what the fans want....if they continue to embrace this strategy, then perhaps Star Wars can come back from the dead.....

Hide contents

As for where the heck things are going now....who knows...now that Boba has fulfilled his "deal" with Din....he is now free to do his "Boba Fett" thing I suppose...good thing he left the scene early....he would have encountered the guy that sent him into the Sarlacc, well...one of them!

Regarding the whole Dark Saber BS....if Din was able to take off his helmet...that Mando-gal can suck it up and take the Dark Saber....also, what happened to that other Night Owl....the bro?

Lastly, as I have said before.....the worst part of all this greatness is what it all, in-universe, leads to currently.....I almost am starting to believe that the Sequel Trilogy will slowly start being dismantled.....I think the Ahsoka series will probably play a part in it via the introduction of the "World Between Worlds" concept.....once that happens it will become "mainstream"....as Yoda once said about the future...

Let's hope some of that future gets forgotten.....:drinks:

Spoiler

I really think that we're going to learn more about the purge of Mandalore in this series, and I think that's going to play into why Bo-Katan "Had" to win the Dark Saber this time.  Filoni is well aware of the history here, I mean he wrote it, so I think writing this off as a plot hole or bad writing is short sighted.  Given that the show is called "THE Mandalorian"  I think there's a good chance that Din ends up as a new Mandalor with Bo-Katan pushing him to make that choice.  If my memory serves, she never wanted the throne, and had to be convinced to take the Dark Saber in the first place.  So after witnessing Din's skill and dedication I can easily see her standing beside him to push for a united Mandalor.

8 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I don't think this season was that good.  Sure it had good moments and cool scenes.  Overhaul I think it was more a vehicle to showcase all the possible spin offs.  First season had many self contained episodes and occasional there was an episode that advanced the plot.   Season finale ended with the hero having met the series villain and taking the quest to return baby Yoda to the Jedi.  Second season Mando was a supporting character to a series of visiting fan favorites.  There was 8 episodes with an average running time of 30 minutes each.  That's enough time for 4 hour long movie.  I think a lot of it was wasted on world building for the spin off series.

I will agree in principal. I think the season does get bogged down by the fan service, namely from the legacy characters who are now or will be getting spinoffs; the "backdoor pilots". This show, in its measly 2 seasons, still puts the entire even-garbage-looks-better-sequel trilogy to shame and on less money overall. I would like to see a shift away from the "I help you, you help me"-stories though. That's getting way to repetitive. Filler episodes were annoying, especially at the start of the season. Good episode, good season finale, OK season. Season 3 needs to up the game now.

So, reclaiming Mandalore?

Would that mean involving Clan Wren?

But you would assume Sabine eventually joins up with Ahsoka.  So, does that mean Sabine comes back to help her clan or goes off to search for Ezra?

Again, I think Disney spread themselves too thin.  And you gotta wonder what they’ll do with their cash cow off at training.

Time skip for Season 3?

Man, I've been absolutely giddy for the past 24 hours.  Filoni and Favreau have given us the best star wars Christmas present we could have possibly gotten this year.  Makes me hopeful we will eventually get disney to split the timelines in something similar to this: (since they will probably never actually decanonize the ST)

EU timeline, Filoni timeline, and Kennedy timeline, all with equal canon status, with George's 6 movies being the core of all three.  Do it already, disney!  It'll let you print more money!