The two (then later three) times we saw Boba in the original films he was working for the bad guys. Either for the Empire or as a Jabba the Hutt henchman. Always as a villian. Now that he's in the new show they've converted him into a hero character. Oh well. 

Disney/Lucasfilm likes the prequels and Temuera Morrison. So they're gonna do a Venom on Fett and make him a protagonist from now on. 

Edited by pablumatic

5 minutes ago, pablumatic said:

The two (then later three) times we saw Boba in the original films he was working for the bad guys. Either for the Empire or as a Jabba the Hutt henchman. Always as a villian. Now that he's in the new show they've converted him into a hero character. Oh well. 

Disney/Lucasfilm likes the prequels and Temuera Morrison. So they're gonna do a Venom on Fett and make him a protagonist from now on. 

He'a a merc, hate's Jedi, and stays on mission. Nothing we've seen here contradicts that. The Boba we've seen Previous fulfilled his contract obligations, which just happened to be evil.

Since he had no issue working for Vader, we know the fulfilling a contract thing supecedes his hate for Jedi/Force users killing Jango.

There might be a "slight" difference between Jedi and Sith. ;)

Papa Jango didn't mind being in the employ of Mr. Sith Dooku, so it reasons that Boba wouldn't take issue working for a Sith either.

It's just seeing his pops beheaded by a purple laser-sword wielding space wizard that might make Boba a little surly towards Jedi.

But bounty hunter fulfilling his contract, I don't think I have an issue with that take on Boba.

I was just curious.... at the end of the day, ... Jango and his kin were used as pawns to set up the empire till the original clones essentially expired, got replaced, retired, etc.  Master planning by Palpatine....   Without Jango, Boba is essentially left to fend for himself, and grows up a bounty hunter/merc,  ..... after all this time, how much of the truth is known to Boba?  Did he get involved with Mandalorian politics or is he simply on his own?  There's alot that can be worked with.  As far as I can see, him being a merc and fulfilling those obligations and just outright surviving.... was never strayed away from.  Love this show and how it's drawing from other successful star wars lore.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:55 AM, Roy Focker said:

The actor is almost 20 years older from the last time we saw him and about 20 years older than the age their character is suppose to be.  Dad bod makes perfect sense for the actor but not for the character.   The actor is also like 5'7 and was solidly built even in his prime.  The first actor who played the part was 6' and slimmer.

Here's something that I don't understand.   Why didn't he try to recover his property from the previous care taker?  He had 5 years to take it back.  Why try forcing Mando to give it back when forcing the Marshal would have been easier?

The body type might actually be perfect anyway, considering how we saw Rex at the end of Rebels.

ZPf0TWZKPSG8OfDTeurpcXswasHlewwX2Vpiigoz

So, in relation to Capt Rex, Boba Fett should appear younger than Capt Rex right?  

19 minutes ago, peter said:

The body type might actually be perfect anyway, considering how we saw Rex at the end of Rebels.

So, in relation to Capt Rex, Boba Fett should appear younger than Capt Rex right?  

But getting digested for hours, weeks, months or years may have some affect to your complexion?

49 minutes ago, peter said:

I also think that Filoni has walked back the statement that the rebel shown is in fact CPT Rex

4 hours ago, levzloi said:

I also think that Filoni has walked back the statement that the rebel shown is in fact CPT Rex

Correct.
https://web.archive.org/web/20191227143521/https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/12/star-wars-rebels-season-4-finale-clone-wars-final-season-revival-disney-dave-filoni

Rex did fight at the Battle of Endor. 'Just never specified where he was.

I felt that was just a replica/decoy helmet. I don’t think Boba would destroy his fathers actual helmet. It’s been a while since I saw the episode though, so I can’t remember if he explicitly stateted it was his helmet. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

48 minutes ago, Keith said:

You leave Boba Fettuccine Alfredo alone! 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

funniest thing I've read all day!

Edited by slide

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I wonder if Temuera Morrison was using Maori fighting skills for his gaffi stick scenes? They were brutal!

Yes. 'Little bit.
Being Boba Fett: Temuera Morrison Discusses ‘The Mandalorian’ (NY Times)

How did you want to incorporate your cultural background into the role?

I come from the Maori nation of New Zealand, the Indigenous people — we’re the Down Under Polynesians — and I wanted to bring that kind of spirit and energy, which we call wairua. I’ve been trained in my cultural dance, which we call the haka. I’ve also been trained in some of our weapons, so that’s how I was able to manipulate some of the weapons in my fight scenes and work with the gaffi stick, which my character has.

All kidding aside, I'm happy for Temuera that he could get back into this role again.

I also really like the way Boba is being portrayed here, it appears he is heading down some redemption arc.  Just hope he doesn't go bad or get killed off too early.

I also hope that he can play the Captain Rex we got to know in Clone Wars and Rebels.

5 minutes into watching latest episode.  Boba's armor has a fresh new paint job.  Same colors.  He kept the worn paint during the original trilogy while business was good.  

My guess is a blemish free Boba Fett makes a cheaper to make action figure compared to one that requires a complex paint application.

Meh episode.....understandable given the packed previous episode....wonder what surprises we will get in the next one...it won't be easy to just extract Grogu with the current crew.....maybe a re-appearance of Mando's covert and the Night Owls?  New Republic forces in action?  Should be good....

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

Another great episode. Loved cleaned up Boba and getting to see some internals of Slave 1. Gotta break out my model and get to work on it.

Chris

Agreed!

Personally really liked Boba's cleaned up armor and look. Also, I'm betting that getting that Imperial terminal to work is going to come back to bite him in the future.

-b.

That terminal thing was one of the dumbest things they have done on the show.  Why would it need to scan your face if not to confirm you are part of the Empire?  Seems the "plot device" was literally written just to placate Pedro Pascal's desire to show more of his face...lol!

Edited by jvmacross