• 4 weeks later...

I’d rather have the voice actresses take a shot at performing their characters in live action, especially for Ahsoka and Sabine.

But we’ll see.  Nothing against Rosario, but I have my preferences after hearing those distinct voices for so many years.

Ooh, this is pretty cool! I agree about Ashley...but we have Ewan as the Live action Obi Wan and James Arnold Taylor as the voice etc so I’m ok with it. I can hear Dawson as an older Ashoka.

Chris

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah I read this earlier, very cool news indeed, live action Ahsoka, finally!

52 minutes ago, Mog said:

I’d rather have the voice actresses take a shot at performing their characters in live action, especially for Ahsoka and Sabine.

But we’ll see.  Nothing against Rosario, but I have my preferences after hearing those distinct voices for so many years.

Kind of agreed here as well though, I remember reading that Ahsoka's character model changed slightly from Clone Wars to Rebels to better resemble Ashley Eckstein so she herself could one day possibly play her in live action. But like you said, Rosario is frakking awesome so I can deal, no real complaints here. 

My only nit is that the timbre of Rosario’s voice is a little lower and darker in sound quality.

Whereas, Ashley’s voice for Ahsoka is a little higher pitched, kinda like a typical Disney princess voice.  Even the voice she used in Rebels, despite Ahsoka being older, still maintained this higher timbre/quality.

Physically, I have no qualms that Rosario can pull off Ahsoka the White. ;)  It’s just that the voice will feel slightly off.

So totally stoked that we’ll get her in live action! My kids know her from Rebels, and my wife is aware of the character, but I think I need to come up with an abridged viewing list of TCW to get them all up to speed. I guess we’ve got time...

Edited by Kelsain

Sooo...not saying this isn’t happening, but the media has continued to show how unreliable they are the past few years as so called “journalists” post feelings and not facts and most other outlets just follow along the scoop trail. This originated at slash film and if you read the article even they didn’t get Lucasdilm or Dawson camp confirmation. Just that she would be really happy to play Ashoka. They say they have it confirmed by 2 unnamed independent sources.   

here is the key bit of their article. I particularly like the last part “we’ve been chasing this scoop for a month now...” so without official response we report our dream anyway.

from here: https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

Ahsoka Mandalorian Season 2 Casting

Dave Filoni, the co-creator of Ahsoka in animated form, is a writer, producer, and director on The Mandalorian. He made his live-action directorial debut helming multiple episodes of the first season, and we saw a couple of weeks back that Dave Filoni had returned as a director for the second season. We have confirmed this Dawson casting with two independent sources. We reached out to Lucasfilm to request a statement from the company or Dave Filoni, but received no response. We have been chasing this scoop for a month now and have reached out to Rosario’s reps, who also didn’t respond.

Edited by Dobber

She was already a full-on adult around the time of Star Wars Rebels (just before the Rogue One timeframe).  So assuming same growth rate as humans, late 20's/early 30's at that point? :unknw:

So, she's probably in her 40's by the time of Mando and Baby Yoda.

Edit:  Or just figure, she's probably 15 to 20 years old than Luke.

Edited by Mog

Is that official!??

if so...Rex is coming as well! Although he kind of sort of has been retconned into live action already in Return of the Jedi...but still awesome!

Chris

Trying to hold off my excitement until we know exactly what character Biehn is cast as. But if he's going to be Rex with Dawson as Ahsoka then hot damn.

That fan art above is pretty cool (I'm assuming that's fan art).

-b.

Maybe Biehn will play a bad guy.  A veteran of the early brutal and merciless Imperial campaigns to reign in the Star Systems that were opposing the Emperor's will.

Grand Moff Gideon personally enlists a bitter remnant of the defeated and humiliated Imperial Special Ops Forces itching to avenge his Emperor! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Is that official!??

if so...Rex is coming as well! Although he kind of sort of has been retconned into live action already in Return of the Jedi...but still awesome!

Chris

It’s on Dave Filoni’s Twitter banner.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:47 PM, jvmacross said:

Maybe Biehn will play a bad guy.  A veteran of the early brutal and merciless Imperial campaigns to reign in the Star Systems that were opposing the Emperor's will.

Grand Moff Gideon personally enlists a bitter remnant of the defeated and humiliated Imperial Special Ops Forces itching to avenge his Emperor! :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

wow all this news.....

i love this show.  it had its bad episodes and awkward pacing in the middle but the news i'me seeing now is all positive.  its the one show i look forward to most.  i know its not the best show on tv/streaming but i don't care!  rosario dawson as ashoka is a little odd for me.  she will look the part but she is so recognizable that its hard to just not see her instead of ashoka.  still a poistive.  biehn being cast is great too!  show is trying to  being an epic nerdgasm.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, jvmacross said:

It could be a good chance to show that the other side of the Empire were not all good.  All of them would have some kind of strife going on that the Empire should exploit.  Palpatine being how he is he would play that to the hilt.  And perhaps someone other then Lucas could do a decent job of writing subtle material in that vein.