10 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

This is episode 5 out of 8.  When we get there we're not going to spend that much time.  Formula of The Mandalorian is he arrives somewhere with baby Yoda.  Teams up with the guest star of the week.  They do a predictable side quest.  They part and he leaves with baby Yoda for the next location to repeat the process. 

Oh I get that. What I was referring to is that possibly the seeds to a larger story or arc are hinted at at the end of the episode. Either way I’m fully enjoying the show.

Chris

Motion denied. :D

As much as I enjoy referring to The Child as Baba Yaga, I suspect “Baby Yoda” is gonna stick.

I did enjoy Episode 5 this week.

Character-wise, we got to see that the Mando knows how to handle himself in a dogfight, still hates droids, isn’t a complete jerk-wad, and has been at this bounty hunting business for awhile.

Still enjoying that he gets hit every now and then.

Off-topic, I wonder if Ming-Na Wen used the same stunt double here as the one on Agents of SHIELD. :unknw:

Lastly, I know all the Tatooine references are utter fan service, but it was fun for us watching.  And the characters themselves just went about their business, as if everything around them is no big deal.

Yeah I liked seeing that planet again and how things have changed ever so slightly since we last saw it.

Now a really stupid question.  The Mandalorian is on the run for betraying the Empire and the guild.  Everywhere he goes with baby Yoda they follow.  It is pretty clear the only save place left is to take baby Yoda to the Republic.  Luke's not yet a hermit.  They'll keep baby Yoda safe.  I don't know if the Mandalorian has a bunch of unpaid parking tickets or something but I'm sure the Republic would over look it.

13 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

I haven't watched any episodes yet but what is the origin of this "baby Yoda"? Obviously it's NOT Yoda but another of his species right?

They haven't really gone into it, but there are clues that he might be a clone as one of the people that put the original bounty on baby yoda was a kamino cloner scientist.

29 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

I haven't watched any episodes yet but what is the origin of this "baby Yoda"? Obviously it's NOT Yoda but another of his species right?

IIRC, “Baby Yoda” was the production’s nickname for the puppet. Unfortunately, it stuck. Yes, it’s one of his species. 

So any theories on who it is that shows up at the end of the episode? Carl Weathers, another Mando, maybe even Fett (they are on Tatooine near where Fett met his “end” only 5 years earlier.

Chris

I honestly don’t mind the length for the episode style. If it were a full hour, I feel like it would stress the writers too much and it would just be an hour of filler. Some of the shows on Netflix have had that problem in a big way.

It is a very formulaic set up that reminds me of older shows from the 80’s. He’s on the run helps some one out and gets away by the end. But the shorter length of the show cuts out the drag. I guess a bit retro and a bit new, but very fun and so far I can’t wait for Friday to come for each new episode. It reminds me of being a kid again. Even that theme music as simple as it is has been getting stuck in my head all week.

IMO, none of these capture the "cuteness" of the Baby Yoda as seen on the show....guessing you will need to pay a premium for that from "Hot Toys" or some other premium collectible line....The plush figure is probably the closest....

https://nerdist.com/article/hasbro-baby-yoda-collectibles/

Baby-Yoda-black-series.jpg

Baby-Yoda-Plush.jpg

Baby-Yoda-2.2-bowl.jpg

Baby-Yoda-2.2-Reach.jpg

Baby-Yoda-2.2-cry.jpgBaby-Yoda-6.5.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

2 hours ago, Negotiator said:

1.2 inches?!

Not sure about the actual height of the figure.  Dorkside lists The Child at 1.1”, BBTS lists it at 1.2”, EE lists it at 1.5”, and the article that @jvmacross posted lists it at 1.12”.  If anything it will be in scale with the other Black Series 6” scale figures.  I’ve got The Mandalorian, Heavy Infantry Mandalorian, IG-11, and Cara Dune so far so I’ll get The Child.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

And at $9.99. I think that needs to be priced lower. 

Better than $19.99.

Another fan-service episode....added nothing to the Baby Yoda mystery

Spoiler

So if the New Republic gets a "distress" signal...they swoop in and just destroy everything including potentially the person sending the distress signal?  LOL

Looks like David Filoni was one of the X-Wing pilots....were the other pilots also "celebrities" or anyone tied to the show?  I didn't recognize them.

46 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Another fan-service episode....added nothing to the Baby Yoda mystery

Hide contents

So if the New Republic gets a "distress" signal...they swoop in and just destroy everything including potentially the person sending the distress signal?  LOL

Looks like David Filoni was one of the X-Wing pilots....were the other pilots also "celebrities" or anyone tied to the show?  I didn't recognize them.

The other two pilots are directors of previous episodes of The Mandalorian.

I’d like to believe it’s an indirect swipe at Rian Johnson (directors blowing up/destroying the very world they are supposed to be stewarding).

But I think it was just a cool cameo idea they all wanted to do.

Edited by Mog

4 minutes ago, Mog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The other two pilots are directors of previous episodes of The Mandalorian.

I’d like to believe it’s an indirect swipe at Rian Johnson (directors blowing up/destroying the very world they are supposed to be stewarding).

But I think it was just a cool cameo idea they all wanted to do.

LOL.....the fandom's in distress....nuke 'em!!!  It's the only way to be sure....:lol:

Just binged up to current with the wife. I absolutely love how simple and formulaic the show is. Just shut your brain off and enjoy.

A few high points for the wife and I:

-Pillboy (The Good Place) as the villager. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS RULE! BORTLES!

-Bill Burr didn't need to act. That was him in real life. 

-Why does that Wildling have those things on her head?

Now t=o crack open season four of The Expanse. Brain engaged.