I decided the exact same thing during the first two episodes; the pace of the story just drags and they could've done the whole thing in one three hour movie or something...

Edited by myk

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

Episode III

The fan service episode.

By the time the first season episode ends I'm sure I'll say this entire season should had been a single made for TV movie instead of season of episodes.

I suspect episode 1 & 2 were originally storied to be one episode before scripting. Basically a 1-hour pilot episode.

Ep 1: 39 min
Ep 2: 31 min
Ep 3: 37 min

3 hours ago, Gerli said:

Hahaha

Reveal hidden contents

That was the Ice Cream maker? Hahaha

Willrow-hood.jpg

I guess Cloud City got paid with beskar armor. :lol:

I didn't mind the episode. 

Spoiler

Got to see the Mando do his thing, show off his toys (Roasted Storm Trooper!).

And they're doing the slow-burn on revealing more about the Mando culture.

Dang, thought we were gonna see Carl Weathers challenge Sean Bean for most on-screen deaths.

Edited by Mog

3 minutes ago, Mog said:

Hide contents

Got to see the Mando do his thing, show off his toys (Roasted Storm Trooper!).

And they're doing the slow-burn on revealing more about the Mando culture.

Dang, thought we were gonna see Carl Weathers challenge Sean Bean for most on-screen deaths.

Ha Ha! 

Glad he wasn’t killed off...yet....too. He’ll make a good antagonist/competitor

Chris

6 hours ago, Mog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Correction:

Post-Empire Mandolorian Culture.

I’m hoping it ties back to

the real Mandalorian warrior culture from the KOTOR era and what was hinted at during Rebels’ run.

I think we also got a hint at why The Mando hates droids with that extended flashback.

Just watched all 3 last night. Man, someone was like "Here!, you want a darker, grittier more violent Star Wars show???...BUUUT we are Disney so here's " I look like baby Yoda" :wub: to event it all out!"  I like it a lot so far, will definitely watch more!  The team of Filoni/Favruo doesn't disappoint so far! :clapping:

Edited by derex3592

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Just watched all 3 last night. Man, someone was like "Here!, you want a darker, grittier more violent Star Wars show???...BUUUT we are Disney so here's " I look like baby Yoda" :wub: to event it all out!"  I like it a lot so far, will definitely watch more!  The team of Filoni/Favruo doesn't disappoint so far! :clapping:

I'm disappointed that they cutaway from showing the gruesome deaths.

Potential spoiler for those who haven’t watched episode 3 yet but a certain Heavy is up for pre-order now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-black-series-heavy-infantry-mandalorian-deluxe-action-figure/6359122.p?skuId=6359122

...okay, spoiler tags never work from my phone.  Screw it, go pre-order.

Edited by Mommar

Loving it, especially as I'm someone who grew up on Spaghetti Westerns,

I can't understand why a few people think the pacing is slow? To me it seems fine, but I'm not of the Fast & Furious generation that needs an explosion or car chase a minute or they get bored......LOL

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Loving it, especially as I'm someone who grew up on Spaghetti Westerns,

I can't understand why a few people think the pacing is slow? To me it seems fine, but I'm not of the Fast & Furious generation that needs an explosion or car chase a minute or they get bored......LOL

Maybe it's an age thing?  I often get confused about people who complain about being bored with things that are "slow" too.  That can happen to me too but that's usually because whet ever is being said on screen isn't compelling enough for me to care, or too many obvious things are being iterated that don't need to be.

31 minutes ago, Mommar said:

too many obvious things are being iterated that don't need to be.

That's what does it for me, but I haven't felt that way about this show.  My better half is completely engrossed by it.

Guess I'm just glad that we're getting more stories in the SW universe that aren't simply Revenge of the Sith/Attack of the Empire part N.

Not sure if you guys say the Unreal Technology shorts on how the show is made using "rear projection" Unreal panels:

Very interesting to me to see how far game engines have come. Back when I loved deathmatch FPS LAN sessions, I was an Unreal Tournament diehard.  "Facing Worlds" was my jam.

Cool to see it being used to make a live action show, apart from being the game engine used for most current fighting games.

The pacing argument is just people looking for something to complain about.  I saw the same argument about the new Lost in Space series.  The reviewers/complainants don't seem to know how story and scene building works.  In this case, the slower pace is great, it is a small story, a personal story, not a grand epic and the slower pace works great.  It actually is better for building tension and allowing the audience to relate with and connect to the character.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

The pacing argument is just people looking for something to complain about.  I saw the same argument about the new Lost in Space series.  The reviewers/complainants don't seem to know how story and scene building works.  In this case, the slower pace is great, it is a small story, a personal story, not a grand epic and the slower pace works great.  It actually is better for building tension and allowing the audience to relate with and connect to the character.

Yeah, it seems to be people looking to bitch or people so stupid they literally only want a perpetually running gun fight.

The pacing is slower and it is fantastic. For ages its been a grumble point for me that you cant soak up the environment, the ambiance, little moments which let you connect with a character and the world they live in.  So many movies and shows today have scenes and fights that are half second long - catered to the ADD generation? I dunno...  Thank goodness we got this and I think it adds to why alot of people like the show, but don't really realize it.