Thrawn, Ahsoka, Ezra Bridger, Sabine, Death Watch, go after the Dark Saber? 

Just off the top of my head. ;)

Silly Oberyn forgot to keep his distance against a big and burly opponent.

Do like that the Mando armor doesn’t make him invincible.

Finally had the chance to watch the first episode. And while I’d accidentally spoiled the ending for myself, I was not prepared for the cuteness. My kids are gonna lose their crap when they see that...

I almost barreled ahead into episode 2, but I need to go to bed...

51 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

My big question is did Yoda know about his mini-me?  If not, why?  If he did, is he also playing the long game?

It's likely the same species as Yoda & Yaddle. The production crew, unfortunately, gave it the nickname, "Baby Yoda".

6 minutes ago, Mog said:

Regarding episode 2:

Fer shizzle.
You could almost see "WASTED" plastered on-screen when he goes down.

55 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yoda died years before this story is set.

But baby Yogurt is 50 years old.  Yoda would have been alive during some of these 50 years.  Wouldn't Yoda have felt the presence of Yogurt while waiting for Luke?

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Does he have a house with Chicken Legs?  That I would like to see.

I once saw the Mandalorian kill two men with a hypo-pencil, a freakin’ hypo-pencil! :D

Regarding Baby Yoda, I can just imagine OG Yoda’s ghost saying, “Much had I drank.  Intoxicated I was.  When 800 years you’ve been, get a little frisky and backed up you will too!!”

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Yoda?  The guy who stood next to the head Sith dude MANY MANY times and not knowing?  Able to know he had a clone or kid (which I don't think is true but I won't find out for a long time since I'm not watching) - that is funny!

The whole point was that Palpatine was clever/powerful.  Not that Yoda was incompetent.

Guy’s, the child is not supposed to actually be Yoda or a clone of Yoda ect. It’s just another of his species. People just call it “baby Yoda” because the species has never been named. Also timeline wise....this child is 50 years old so it would’ve been born more than 20years before the Clone Wars.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Point or not - Yoda WAS incompetent - along with all the other Jedi.

From a certain point of view?

Seems anything in Star Wars can ultimately just be dismissed as events that happen (or needed to happen) because of the "will of the Force"...:rolleyes:

Yoda more or less already accepted this during the last season of the Clone Wars

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Guy’s, the child is not supposed to actually be Yoda or a clone of Yoda ect. It’s just another of his species. People just call it “baby Yoda” because the species has never been named. Also timeline wise....this child is 50 years old so it would’ve been born more than 20years before the Clone Wars.

Chris

Wasn't Baby "Yoda" born at around the same time the "midichlorians" created Anakin? Too early to definitively say it is not a clone or yet another "virgin" birth?

If TROS is bringing back Darth Sidious after we all witnessed his destruction in ROTJ, then anything is possible! :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Wasn't Baby "Yoda" born at around the same time the "midichlorians" created Anakin? Too early to definitively say it is not a clone or yet another "virgin" birth?

Now that is an interesting concept as the time does fit. The “Baby Yoda” should’ve been born about 10 years prior to Ep 1 TPM. That’s about the time that Anakin was born too. Perhaps the Force, Sidious or Plageous seeded the Galaxy.

Chris

There is only minimal evidence regarding what species Yoda, Yaddle, and Yoby (Yoda Baby) belong to.  It was once stated that they belong to Whills (as in Journal of Whills), but that was more fanon then anything else IIRC.  It is believed that they are not a prolific species, with 900+ year lifespans, that is understandable.  And, as we are now seeing, at 50, they are still basically toddlers, assuming that Yoby was never put into stasis or had its aging artificially/relativistically slowed.  It is quite possible that this is just a child of that species unrelated to Yoda or Yaddle, or even possibly one of their children that was secreted away for their protection.  If Yoby is Yoda's child, he might have never even known about it, (jedi-code).  The question becomes, who had been guarding/hiding the child for the last 50 years?  Given who the guards were, and the lack of any nanny or caregiver visible, my guess would the Hutts.  They maintained a precarious relationship with the Jedi, and after how Anakin and company saved the life of Jabba's child, it is possible that Jabba might have kept the child hidden/protected, quid-pro-quo.  With the death of Jabba, Yoby's caregiver took what resources they could (guards) and went into hiding, but in the process the existence of Yoby was discovered.  Since Yoby is largely self-sufficient now, can feed and possibly clean itself, the guards likely disposed of the caregiver and just awaited orders on what to do with Yoby. 

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Now that is an interesting concept as the time does fit. The “Baby Yoda” should’ve been born about 10 years prior to Ep 1 TPM. That’s about the time that Anakin was born too. Perhaps the Force, Sidious or Plageous seeded the Galaxy.

Chris

Palp had an affair with master Yoda?

Scandalous!

58 minutes ago, Mog said:

Is it just me, or does Mando’s armor look more reddish than the rusty brown we saw from the preview pics? 

I have spoken.

I actually think that image is kind of a spoiler. If you look closely at it it appears that he has gotten enough of that metal to make the new/replacement parts For all his armor like he did with his one shoulder armor in the first ep. 

Chris

Episode III

The fan service episode.

Finally an episode that isn't mostly a side story.  They do repeat a flashback that was already shown.  Not going to spoil Mando's delivery of the bounty just but it is easy to predict what happens. They should have combined the first 3 episodes into one.  There was just way too much filler.

By the time the first season episode ends I'm sure I'll say this entire season should had been a single made for TV movie instead of season of episodes.