The app was being screwy this morning but I got it to stay stable long enough to finish the first episode and hot damn, I loved it.

Not too much cheesy humor, which I love, Disney pushes too much cheesy humor into everything they do now IMO and it's gotten old. The show is gorgeous, looks fantastic in 4K, the blend of CG and practical is right on point. IG-11 was awesome, and looked great in motion. The ending though, holy crap, that ending is something else, and carries HEAVY implications for the future, came out of left field for me, very unexpected. I'll have a spoiler tag below that is about the very end of the episode and the big reveal, it's in a spoiler tag so spoilers obviously, but DO NOT click if you don't want to read about the big ending! 

Spoiler

The big bounty the episode focused on was a baby of the same species as Yoda and Yaddle! Whatever species they are, I don't think it was ever explicitly stated, was the big bounty so many people were after. Being of that species, it's safe to say they are very, very strong with the force, and could be viewed as a major ally or enemy to a number of different groups, or honestly just a weapon in the wrong hands. Once again, not expected in the slightest, Yoda and Yaddle are, from what I recall, the only two creatures of their species in cannon, so yeah, that's a big reveal IMO. 

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

I’ve got slow load times and not able to add things to my watch list.

I got jerked around for nearly an hour trying to watch Mandalorian, the app is quite spotty on every platform right now it seems. I had login issues at first, but then like you mentioned, things from my watch list were disappearing or were being removed, then when they re-appeared after I closed and relaunched the app they couldn't be watched. 

WOW. Watched the first episode this morning and am completely on board with this. I cannot wait to see where this goes - especially with the big spoiler at the end of the episode. Talk about some implications for the future of the franchise! I feel like we're in good hands with Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. I hope I don't get proven wrong about this by the end of this season. I do find it intriguing now that the last episode is set to premiere after Rise of Skywalker. Wonder if there's going to be any sort of tie-in?

27 minutes ago, Axelay said:

WOW. Watched the first episode this morning and am completely on board with this. I cannot wait to see where this goes - especially with the big spoiler at the end of the episode. Talk about some implications for the future of the franchise! I feel like we're in good hands with Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau. I hope I don't get proven wrong about this by the end of this season. I do find it intriguing now that the last episode is set to premiere after Rise of Skywalker. Wonder if there's going to be any sort of tie-in?

Is it going to tie in with one of the eight endings now?

31 minutes ago, Axelay said:

I would be beyond excited if LF/Disney came out and said that they are passing the creative reigns of Star Wars over to Filoni and Favreau.  While some of their stuff has missed the mark, they pummel the target quite effectively in terms of canon and what fans really want.

I really liked it . The quality in the epic gunfight had my eyes glued to the screen. It’s very close to movie quality visuals throughout. My only complaint might be that they never talked about how carbonite freezing became a standard method of handling prisoners.

Wasn't that impressed.  Felt like a live action episode of the Clone Wars.  The pacing was slow with the traveling from one place to the next taking forever.  The first bounty started with the capture, a walk, a speeder ride and ship ride.  They showed our lead walking doing his errands.  In the later half he meets a guy and they ride some lizards.  In the episode he meets a few comedic actors who don't add much to the story other than to lighten the mood.  If you edited out the excessive traveling scenes and character interactions that have no effect on the story the entire episode would be half it's length.

I think Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau (mostly...,ok 99%, Filoni) probably gets Star Wars the most. But that's in part because Filoni worked on Clone Wars and Rebels and is a hold over from pre-Disney LucasFilm. This show gives me the same "Ok this feels like Star Wars"-vibe that Rogue One gave me (and that's due to Jon Knoll being another pre-Disney Lucasfilm minion). Maybe it's me but maybe Disney should pull from the pre-Disney Lucasfilm/LucasArts talent pool for Star Wars than the talent they have running it now.

As for this episode...it's a pilot episode. Enough to get me interested, but now they gotta sustain that.

4 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Wasn't that impressed.  Felt like a live action episode of the Clone Wars.  The pacing was slow with the traveling from one place to the next taking forever.  The first bounty started with the capture, a walk, a speeder ride and ship ride.  They showed our lead walking doing his errands.  In the later half he meets a guy and they ride some lizards.  In the episode he meets a few comedic actors who don't add much to the story other than to lighten the mood.  If you edited out the excessive traveling scenes and character interactions that have no effect on the story the entire episode would be half it's length.

You can tell that they are going for an old school "Space Western" feel, and in that way, all the travelling scenes make sense.  I am willing to bet that the slow pacing in the first episode is intentional, and that the pace will speed up as we near the climax, kind of like it did in the episode.

3 hours ago, azrael said:

I think Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau (mostly...,ok 99%, Filoni) probably gets Star Wars the most. But that's in part because Filoni worked on Clone Wars and Rebels and is a hold over from pre-Disney LucasFilm. This show gives me the same "Ok this feels like Star Wars"-vibe that Rogue One gave me (and that's due to Jon Knoll being another pre-Disney Lucasfilm minion). Maybe it's me but maybe Disney should pull from the pre-Disney Lucasfilm/LucasArts talent pool for Star Wars than the talent they have running it now.

As for this episode...it's a pilot episode. Enough to get me interested, but now they gotta sustain that.

Agreed

3 hours ago, azrael said:

I've heard this point made elsewhere, and I forget who summarized it, but they compared Disney's acquisition of both Marvel and Pixar to the Lucasfilm deal.  The huge difference to both of those situations was that they pulled an existing production pipeline along with the IP.  

Lucasfilm didn't have much of that, at least as far as the movies went, so they had no existing experience or proven talent to fall back on.

If they wanted to stay true to the franchise, they should have been pulling from the people who already had both feet in the pool (or in Filoni's case, practically growing gills).  To make a slightly dated comparison (and ignoring the lootbox fiasco), it's the same issue I felt EA had rebooting the Battlefront games.  Where the originals actually felt like LucasArts properties with a unique gameplay feel to them, the EA BF games wound up feeling like Star Wars mods for whatever current Call of Duty or Battlefield game they were working on.

If you want a successful organ transplant, you use tissue from someone who shares some of the same DNA.  If you want something to feel like it belongs in an existing universe, you pull from talent with previous experience in that universe.

34 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

Excited for tomorrow’s episode 

Season 1 episodes:

• Episode 1 - Tuesday, November 12
  • Episode 2 - Friday, November 15
  • Episode 3 - Friday, November 22
  • Episode 4 - Friday, November 29
  • Episode 5 - Friday, December 6
  • Episode 6 - Friday, December 13
  • Episode 7 - Wednesday, December 18
  • Episode 8 - Friday, December 27

What an odd release schedule.  Well at least we don't have to wait for only 1 episode per week.

If you knew the storyline, it wouldn't be very interesting to see.

Clearly its going to be a lone wolf & cub-ish, clint eastwood spaghetti western-ish, star wars flavoured man against the world remnants of the empire and all the scum suckers trying to make a quick buck in-between.

I love it so far, music, cinematography, show-don't tell attitude and world building. 

6 hours ago, Kurisama said:

If you knew the storyline, it wouldn't be very interesting to see.

That's a double-edge sword. You can only string your audience for so long before they decide not to take the bait.