Deadpool 2 (in theaters December 21st, 2018) PG-13 version

mikeszekely

Nope, that's not a typo.  Apparently we're getting another Deadpool, less than a year after the last one.

https://www.thewrap.com/new-deadpool-movie-gets-december-release-fox/

I dunno, I enjoyed the first one and I loved the second one, but I don't really want to be 'Pooled out.  Assuming they can even make a good movie in such a short time.

Or not.  While some outlets are reporting this as a new movie, apparently this is all stemming from Fox shuffling some release dates around and adding an "Untitled Deadpool Movie" to the roster.  Other outlets are saying that "Untitled Deadpool Movie" is actually Deadpool 2 returning to theaters with a new PG-13 cut.  Which, frankly, makes even less sense.  The rumor is that they're testing the waters for future Deadpool movies to carry a PG-13 rating for Deadpool's official MCU debut once the merger is done, but that really doesn't sound right.  I can't imagine that there are a lot of people out there itching to go to the theater to see a PG-13 version of a movie they can already see uncut from the comfort of their home, but I'm guessing that a lot of people who already went to the theater to see Deadpool 2 would also go to see another new Deadpool movie regardless of the rating.

• azrael locked this topic