YF-29B Custom Reference/ Referral

blackconvoy_D01

20 hours ago, valhary said:

Awesome- thank you, is this your work? If so- I've been influenced on your work into my own collection for some time, with my 171 Skull Squadron and was looking for ideas on my 29B specialty fighter. I love the detailing. What's the decal on the shield?

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

On 9/30/2018 at 4:16 AM, chyll2 said:

if you need influence, look at MacrossJunkie's work

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/127339493@N08/sets/

Macross Junkie's work is great, but these two other guys create a whole world in their collection, and I love it. It takes it to a whole other level for me with their decal application and armorments.

I got your point. I checked the twitter, he does indeed make personal customs. The picture is small but are you referring to aircraft markings? If yes, you can actually use hasegawa 1/72 Water Slide decals for Frontier (or same timeline VF). But seeing that he build multiple mecha show materials, those are probably left-overs from other kits.

12 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I got your point. I checked the twitter, he does indeed make personal customs. The picture is small but are you referring to aircraft markings? If yes, you can actually use hasegawa 1/72 Water Slide decals for Frontier (or same timeline VF). But seeing that he build multiple mecha show materials, those are probably left-overs from other kits.

Correct. Their level of detailing has already inspired me to start on my own 171 Skull Squad. I'll be looking to add and customize more as I go; baby steps. But I also want my 31F (like theirs) to be NUNS fighter, and I'd like to do something similar to their 29B with one of mine (first post). I need to try the waterslide idea. Thanks.

IMG_20181003_205017012.jpg

Djrrj6bVsAEpznW.jpeg