Better Call Saul TV series

zard

Could not locate an existing thread so started one.

For fans of the Breaking Bad series are you following the Better Call Saul series?  What do you think about the first two seasons and the current one? 

I think the script is really solid and the acting top notch.

I'll tell you what I think: it's absolutely fantastic. I love every character old and new.

was well into Breaking Bad, so can't say what this would be like without having seen that. but somehow it works as a prequel filling in some blanks without feeling unnecessary or a retread.

I can't wait for every new episode and really appreciate having a week to absorb and look forward to the next one. it deserves to not be binge-watched imo.

First time I tried to watch Better Call Saul I couldn't really get into it, then it when it came to Netflix I ended up binge watching the first three seasons and damn, it is one of my favorite shows so far. Can't wait for season 4 to be on Netflix, then I can just watch it back to back! B))

Good to see other fans here! 

P.S. Love Breaking Bad!! 

I gotta say, I think I like Better Call Saul as much as Breaking Bad, by the end of the series I could honestly end up liking Saul more. Don't get me wrong, BB was incredible, and a shining example that we are in fact in the golden age of TV, but Saul is stuck playing in a pocket but you honestly couldn't tell that based on the quality of each episode.

At first like many I was hesitant, being a prequel it's hard to think there would be any real stakes, we know Jimmy ends up as Saul working for an old man in a pork pie hat and some dude with a penchant for the word "bitch", but the show is still constantly surprising me. Brilliant performances don't hurt, Kim is an incredible new character, and once again, knowing she isn't around for BB lends to Jimmy's character in a big way, on Saul we see she is a massive part of his life, but in a few years time she isn't around and Jimmy eventually goes full "criminal" attorney.

Very sad, like knowing that Anakin will one day become Vader. Knowing where all the pieces land takes nothing away from each episode and plot line, even Mike, Hector, and Gustavo still deliver incredible, intense scenes. Even the current story line of building the super lab is immensely entertaining, we know the lab gets built, but seeing it is far more harrowing and entertaining then one would think. The performances really elevate the show, Jimmy's whole past with his brother was a doozy, his turn as Saul Goodman makes perfect sense, and you can't help but feel for the guy, which is EXACTLY how you should feel about a main character, even more impressive is that once again, we know where he ends up, but this in between is anything but filler, it's damn quality stuff.

Speak of the devil I have a package on the way from BBTS with my ThreeZero/ThreeA 1/6 Saul Goodman figure, I've also got their Walt and Jesse, and the Walt and Jesse "lab" set. I REALLY hope we get more, the BB universe is incredible and filled with incredible characters, I think I may NEED a Mike and Gustavo, the two badass cartel brothers from Mexico would be cool too.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I absolutely loved BB, however I have never tried BCS, I guess I need to! 

Better Call Saul is one of those shows at least IMHO that starts off in the category of either slow or why am I investing my time in this show? Then before you know it you're in Season 2, then 3 and hoping season 4 is on Netflix asap and perhaps a season 5. :D

oh man that episode, Kim you are gonna break my heart :sorry:

another strong entry. we've said it already, but the skill with which they ratchet up the tension when we already know where a lot of the pieces end up... I'm so conflicted because while I love Jimmy and his arc, he's sucked Kim into his world now and it's only downhill from here.

I think 2 more episodes in this season? the lab is behind schedule and the workers are losing it, the new Salamanca man has shown up...

just one more episode... riveting. so much tension... it is all starting to make sense how and why jimmy evolves into saul.  as for kim you can tell she really cares deeply for jimmy but i think there's darkness in her too which is why she does the pro bono work and relishes being gesille.

watched the last 2 episodes back to back...

wow. poor old Werner just didn't understand. fantastic tension with the explosives and what happened after. and poor Mike, he did the best he could.

I love Lalo, can't wait to see that develop next season. "Michael... is that you?" and the story behind Hector's bell was awesome.

that final scene tho, ouch... the schism that opens in Kim when Jimmy reveals himself, she was completely taken along with everyone else. and Jimmy opening up like that showing his true colours because felt supported, finally accepting who he is and owning it.

how many more seasons can they do? 2? and how much of the post Breaking Bad period will they show? can't get enough of this series.