1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

CnP'ing a CnP from Gundam Eclipse.

See, that head looks totally fine now that it's jutting forward again. (EDIT: actually no it still looks funky because now that orange armor is all sorts of wtf)

yeah. it does seem to have too much orange... But I'm sure I'll grow to like it or ignore it. B))

Those new shin guards for some strange reason kinda reminds me of loose socks.   (you know with the Eva being female and all) B))

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I think I will skip it after all. The re-design looks weird to me. Better to put the money into elsewhere.

Yeah. Me too. I'm looking at it back and forth and for some reasons it doesn't click for me. I guess my 'elsewhere' would be the Robot Damashii Nightingale. ^_^ 

I'm torn on the Eva-01. On the one hand this looks really odd in some areas. Like how elongated the torso is when he is not hunched over. Also the head is off especially the chin which is for some reason important to me. I get that Metal Build releases are  a re-imagining which I like for all the Gundams but something is not right with that one. 

On the other hand was NGE such a big influence in my early anime fandom so so I really want a toy representation of the 00/01/02.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Are those armor parts canon to the Rebuild movies? I don’t recall seeing them prior.

They are not canon to the anime, movie (the Evas saw a minor redesign for EoE), or Rebuild. I forget who, but a couple folks here noted the similarities to something called "ANIMA." Maybe a special one-off design or something.

Anima is a light novel series by Yamashita Ikuto. it's a 'what if' type story that continues the original series as if the final two episodes never happened. The designs are closer to this figure but not the same.

ANIMA_Eva-01_upgrades.thumb.jpg.ca4599fadd06dfa3efe2214d66098dfa.jpg

Personally I would have really liked a figure of Stage 2 Unit-01, but this toy is not it.

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. Me too. I'm looking at it back and forth and for some reasons it doesn't click for me. I guess my 'elsewhere' would be the Robot Damashii Nightingale. ^_^ 

17 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Pass for me too.

8 hours ago, Archer said:

It looks less weird when posed but I too shall be passing. Are those armor parts canon to the Rebuild movies? I don’t recall seeing them prior.

Just need more news about that Crossbone.

7 hours ago, Scyla said:

I'm torn on the Eva-01. On the one hand this looks really odd in some areas. Like how elongated the torso is when he is not hunched over. Also the head is off especially the chin which is for some reason important to me. I get that Metal Build releases are  a re-imagining which I like for all the Gundams but something is not right with that one. 

On the other hand was NGE such a big influence in my early anime fandom so so I really want a toy representation of the 00/01/02.

Mafex Eva-01 anyone? :p

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

Anima is a light novel series by Yamashita Ikuto. it's a 'what if' type story that continues the original series as if the final two episodes never happened. The designs are closer to this figure but not the same.

Personally I would have really liked a figure of Stage 2 Unit-01, but this toy is not it.

I've always like the F-type design but so far it's only out in revoltech .

Edited by eXis10z

Hope everyone passing up on this design means it will be easier for me to preorder it on Monday. I’m a sucker for Eva-01 toys, having owned several different iterations of it throughout the years. This design brings something new to the table. I’ve had my fill of the anime-accurate look.

7 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Hope everyone passing up on this design means it will be easier for me to preorder it on Monday. 

MWF is but a tiny subset of the expensive toy customer base. It's still going to be preorder madness as all the online stores also supply for Japanese customers. :lol:

Quite excited with MB EVA01 as well. Hopefully PO would not be that crazy. Just leaving here  a quick video of the best EVA01 figures ever released (owner of the video also have individual reviews of  EVA figures).

Edited by pafy6285