The only bad experience I've had with MyKombini was when I bought the RD Zeong from them, they got them in stock and I paid the remainder of the pre order then they hit me up for more money on shipping. The box was unexpectedly massive but I hate when any company does that, Nippon Yasan does the same thing.

5 hours ago, dizman said:

The only bad experience I've had with MyKombini was when I bought the RD Zeong from them, they got them in stock and I paid the remainder of the pre order then they hit me up for more money on shipping. The box was unexpectedly massive but I hate when any company does that, Nippon Yasan does the same thing.

In counterpoint I will say I've had them actually refund me the difference when the pre-charged shipping amount was too much for what it actually cost to ship. The Zeong's box is HUGE for an RD and I don't quite blame them for asking for more compared to their regular charge.

6 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

In counterpoint I will say I've had them actually refund me the difference when the pre-charged shipping amount was too much for what it actually cost to ship. The Zeong's box is HUGE for an RD and I don't quite blame them for asking for more compared to their regular charge.

Haven't really encountered an overcharge of shipping with MyKombini, but that's nice to hear that they refund if there's a difference. With N-Y, there's a few times where there's significant difference with the actual postage and what they charged, and when you inquire about it, they just spout excuses.

12 hours ago, dizman said:

I'm very much OK with shops asking more for shipping if it's indeed needed. For POs, I always just consider the shipping fee shown as estimates. Amiami and HLJ don't even show estimates when you PO so the effect is very much the same when it's time to ship the item (it's not as if no shipping estimates beforehand stops you from ordering)

Got my MB Crossbone Gundam today. Not much to say about the figure itself. Thankfully my copy is not the QC nightmare that @Gundam@EFSF unit was. It has a few scratches on the back of the gray lower torso piece and a visible gate marks on the shield emitter bits for the forearm guards. Thankfully it is hidden once the piece is clipped in.

The only thing I dislike are the unpainted eyeholes of the skull on his crest. I'm also confused why Bandai decided that the F91 (and the Gundam Astray units) needed a glossy finish. The matte one on the Crossbone presents much better. Oh and I love the robot parrot. Adorable! :D 

Now on to the cloak. I hate that the "golden" clops that hold the weights and the cloak braid are this mustardy plastic. They really stand out in a bad way. Second you need to assemble the cloak which is finicky. Hopefully the finished cloak is able to fit in the box without disassembling it since I don't want to deal with that, ever. It is a nice feeling cloth though but I fear it will fray after some handling.

But is it worth it. I would say yes since the weights give it a nice heavy feel and the braid allows it to articulate it so it blows in the space winds. On the other hand I think a nylon piece to weigh it down like the cape for the Mezco The Dark Knight Returns Batman is the superior way to do it. The pieces work as additional armor plating in the context of the Gundam though I just wished the mustard clasps where painted golden.

Looking forward to other color variants and a Full Cloth version. ^_^

Anyone is still looking for MB Aile Strike? Mandarake has two for Y26000 if anyone is still looking. The rest are Y30000.

Shibuya: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1105978756&lang=en

Sahra: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1105555541&lang=en

5 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Nice! This is my first Metal Build figure and I’m excited to add it to my collection. 

These pictures are always so nice. When I try to photograph my toys they always look like someone took the pic from inside a trash can 200 yards away :lol:

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice! This is my first Metal Build figure and I’m excited to add it to my collection. 

These pictures are always so nice. When I try to photograph my toys they always look like someone took the pic from inside a trash can 200 yards away :lol:

I feel the same way lol.  Expectation vs Reality -_- 

I love the colors of the box for this.  Looking forward to everyone's pics!

That Eva box looks great!!

Last week we got the news, a new web store from Bandai will be opening soon here in Mexico also they are bringing that Eva trough our offical Bandai importer called DAM, and it seems it wont be the last Metal Build figure to arrive 

Quick question

I need to buy another Metal Build Crossbone, do you guys think Ill be able to find one on Mandarake a bit cheaper than the one on NY (28,000 Yens) or should I give up and get that  already?

16 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

That Eva box looks great!!

Last week we got the news, a new web store from Bandai will be opening soon here in Mexico also they are bringing that Eva trough our offical Bandai importer called DAM, and it seems it wont be the last Metal Build figure to arrive 

Quick question

I need to buy another Metal Build Crossbone, do you guys think Ill be able to find one on Mandarake a bit cheaper than the one on NY (28,000 Yens) or should I give up and get that  already?

There's 1 at Amazon,jp for 27280 yen, But will drop to 25257 at checkout for international.  Shipping to the USA would be 1200 yen.  Not sure if they will ship to Mexico. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/METAL-クロスボーン・ガンダムX1-約170mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07HQRPSQB/ref=sr_1_5?s=hobby&ie=UTF8&qid=1550262149&sr=1-5&keywords=metal+build

27 minutes ago, F360 said:

There's 1 at Amazon,jp for 27280 yen, But will drop to 25257 at checkout for international.  Shipping to the USA would be 1200 yen.  Not sure if they will ship to Mexico. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/METAL-クロスボーン・ガンダムX1-約170mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07HQRPSQB/ref=sr_1_5?s=hobby&ie=UTF8&qid=1550262149&sr=1-5&keywords=metal+build

Thanks, didnt think to check Amazon

Got the last one it seems

Hi guys I'm on the fence about getting the MB Crossbone , but really not sure if go ahead an pay the PO(about $283 dlls), love the look of the front, but that huge hole in the back is were is making me think twice. 

For those who have it , is it that good ?, like I don't know like the Aile Strike for example ? 

51 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Hi guys I'm on the fence about getting the MB Crossbone , but really not sure if go ahead an pay the PO(about $283 dlls), love the look of the front, but that huge hole in the back is were is making me think twice. 

For those who have it , is it that good ?, like I don't know like the Aile Strike for example ? 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/81613

MB Crossbone $239.99

If you have the coat on , there's no hole. :D

12 hours ago, Alex GS said:

I decided to skip it. Prices dropping across the board locally; not many units shifting. Apparently there was some bad QC and people didn’t take to it as readily. Personally I never watched the series and kinda wanted it due to collecting the other Metal Builds. It’s also quite a small figure, so there’s that. But having said that, the cross is pretty awesome as a backpack.

13 hours ago, Alex GS said:

I have a copy and personally recommend it. Is it $280 good? Probably not, I am a huge Gundam fan and have the majority of the metal builds but even that price would stop me. If you can find it for $200 - 240 definitely get it. Anything above that would be at your discretion. I have read the manga and like the suit design. If you like the pirate motif this will be the best version you can get. 

The suit is on the smaller size, like the F91, but is poses beautifully. There isn't anything impending movement other than the weapons when holstered. They changed the shoulder joint so it slides out and you can get the arms further across the chest. Like the F91 there is an extra joint in the forearm to help hold the weapons. The waist and legs work similar to previous metal builds. All of my joints have been tight and nothing is lose. 

The hole on the back is for the core fighter to plug into. It is only there because it is part of the design. Unless you are displaying the core fighter by itself the hole is a mute point. Either the core fighter will be plugged in (the X thrusters are attached to the fighter) or you will have the cloak on it. FYI you can have the cloak on while the core fighter is plugged in. It just makes the cloak look like it is flowing in the wind. 

The high point is the number of gimmicks and tampo printing. The gold tampos are really sharp and nicely done. It probably has the paint applications for the regular releases because of the shiny gold and matte colors they used. And it comes with a ton of option parts. Everything from the manga for this version of the suit is included. Plus the month opening gimmick works really well and does not get stuck. 

The only slightly negative thing I can say is the cloak took me 30 - 45 min to get setup. Bandai wants you to attached the plastic pieces a very specific way. They attached very securely but if you have to remove them you risk damaging the fabric. 

Hope that helps. There is a link to the manga if you are interested. 

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-292407

I can't decide if I love or hate the look of the MB EVA.  I'm definitely not liking the Crossbone though. I guess I should be glad that MB's can be so hit or miss on the aesthetic side; it saves me some money.