1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

What  an experience this was, this is the first time I waited hours without getting into sleep and I end up getting nothing, now I know how it feels :( 

Welcome to the club, Alex. I know how that feels. Especially on how you will feel and face the frustrations that came afterwards and the upcoming hunt after that. :unsure:

Anyways, let's hope that one or two will pop up one of these days. So make sure you turn on those email notifications from stores and ofcourse don't forget to check this thread from time to time. Good luck sir! ;)

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Welcome to the club, Alex. I know how that feels. Especially on how you will feel and face the frustrations that came afterwards and the upcoming hunt after that. :unsure:

Anyways, let's hope that one or two will pop up one of these days. So make sure you turn on those email notifications from stores and ofcourse don't forget to check this thread from time to time. Good luck sir! ;)

Thank you Noel for your reply much appreciated will definitely check the forums for any opportunity, also will be  checking the local websites to see if any appears.  

if the Metal Build AILE Strike is anything to go by, you will see preorders opening up again during the week of release - so be ready in February. :p

And yes there is also the local distributors (Bluefin) which will probably supply it to US hobby retailers.

For a big brand like Evangelion, I imagine there will be a lot of interest from western hobby retailers. My feeling is that Evangelion has a larger western audience than Macross or Gundam.

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i was surprised amazon opened all day

yeah. that lasted a long time.  But tax kills it for me ($25 more)  maybe that's the reason it lasted so long too.

also US amazon preorders aren't a sure thing either, they cancelled some of my Dragonball preorders before.... and they are just SH figuarts.

Just now, brouken said:

Hehe, beat me to it. Got the email notification too from NY. Almost double the initial PO price that they posted. 

Yep, quite the markup already! 

Happy that I grabbed one at CDJ. My first Metal Build :)

While I enjoy this toy collecting hobby immensely, I'm saddened by the blatant profiteering involved in it. I feel sorry for those who were not able to get toys like these at close to retail price. Capitalism at its worst.

15 hours ago, brouken said:

While I enjoy this toy collecting hobby immensely, I'm saddened by the blatant profiteering involved in it. I feel sorry for those who were not able to get toys like these at close to retail price. Capitalism at its worst.

QFT right here. I feel a lot more people would be able to participate if it was just easier to purchase the darn things at normal retail price. 

All it takes is a quick peek at eBay with $400+ pre-orders to see that some people have turned the hobby into a side-business. 

Edited by Archer

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

I imagine we will be getting Unit 0 and 02 considering how fast the pre-orders are selling out. But I wonder if we will the Mass Production Eva, the wing span for the metal build would be huge.

Really hope so, i need at least unit 00 and 02 anyway.

Honestly there isn't a Metal Build Eva I would say no to. I do wonder if Bandai will be putting out options set for various weapons or accessories. Could we a Lance of Longinus in Metal Build scale or a version of the sniper rifles? I don't think we would get a direct TV or Movie version since everything coming with Unit 01 is unique to the Metal Build. 

Honestly there isn't a Metal Build Eva I would say no to. I do wonder if Bandai will be putting out options set for various weapons or accessories. Could we a Lance of Longinus in Metal Build scale or a version of the sniper rifles? I don't think we would get a direct TV or Movie version since everything coming with Unit 01 is unique to the Metal Build. 

Seeing this illustration, I'm sure there will be some Option Parts planned for this. ;) 

UF7DoCf.jpg 

And it's sold out. ^_^

I always tell myself, this is NOT for me. :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, technoblue said:

How long was that BBTS pre-order active? I didn't even see it before it was sold out. :lol:

Stay strong @no3Ljm. Myself, I am not strong. Like Macross and Orguss, Evangelion has too much nostalgia for me. -_-

Hahaha! I can manage somehow. I totally ignored getting one for me. And I'm more connected with Macross, Orguss, Dunbine, L-Gaim, and Gundam than Evangelion. So there's that.  :rolleyes:

And I think BBTS were open 30mins or less.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, Loop said:

I swear the metal build gods have turned on me now :(

i was busy and in meetings all morning so missed out on bbts this morning.

No no , I’m sure it’s just Eva .  If bbts has it for $239 then all the other USA stores should be opening preorders soon.  Just need to decide which store to preorder from . 

2 minutes ago, Loop said:

Got one in at The chosen prime, how reliable are they with these types of items?

Very reliable.  This will be metal build #3 with them. 

They get all their items from bluefin, so it will be fulfilled, just be prepared to wait a month to two after Japanese release.