6 minutes ago, Vortech said:

Very reliable.  This will be metal build #3 with them. 

They get all their items from bluefin, so it will be fulfilled, just be prepared to wait a month to two after Japanese release. 

Do they allow cancellation?  

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Do they allow cancellation?  

Yes, as long as it’s before the item is instock.  If you cancel while it’s instock there is a restocking fee.  There is no cancel button, you either have to email them or call to cancel.  

Their service is great, I’ve canceled the toyworld Devy boxset on them which was $500 plus with no issues. 

Just now, Vortech said:

Yes, as long as it’s before the item is instock.  If you cancel while it’s instock there is a restocking fee.  There is no cancel button, you either have to email them or call to cancel.  

Their service is great, I’ve canceled the toyworld Devy boxset on them which was $500 plus with no issues. 

Cool , thx ..  store bookmarked .

2 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Do they charge your credit card right away ? :S

https://ee.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/risk-free-shopping-order-now-and-well-charge-your-credit-card-later

Risk Free Shopping! Order Now and We'll Charge Your Credit Card Later!

We won't charge your credit card until items are in stock. So, go ahead and order now! We never charge credit cards in advance. If you order multiple items with some items in stock and some items on backorder, we only charge your credit card for shipping plus the items that are in stock and being prepared for shipment.

5 minutes ago, F360 said:

https://ee.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/risk-free-shopping-order-now-and-well-charge-your-credit-card-later

Risk Free Shopping! Order Now and We'll Charge Your Credit Card Later!

We won't charge your credit card until items are in stock. So, go ahead and order now! We never charge credit cards in advance. If you order multiple items with some items in stock and some items on backorder, we only charge your credit card for shipping plus the items that are in stock and being prepared for shipment.

Thank you , well I got in just ordered the Eva MB let's see how it goes never purchased from there before.    

Wow! There's already 3 pages at YJA for the Tamashii Nations 2018 Exclusive Strike Freedom Soul Blue Ver. Buy Now price starts from Y50000 to Y60000. If you use proxy for the lowest one which is Y50000, it will end up around $512 shipped to the US. I don't know if it's worth it. :shok:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=METAL+BUILD+SOUL+BLUE

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! There's already 3 pages at YJA for the Tamashii Nations 2018 Exclusive Strike Freedom Soul Blue Ver. Buy Now price starts from Y50000 to Y60000. If you use proxy for the lowest one which is Y50000, it will end up around $512 shipped to the US. I don't know if it's worth it. :shok:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=METAL+BUILD+SOUL+BLUE

YAJ prices for MB SF Soul blue when PO was opened was around 40k,. Right now, I think it would be better to wait if Bandai will do a general release just like the previous Tamashii Nation event items, or just buy the original MB SF which is around the same price point or lower (if used).

17 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

YAJ prices for MB SF Soul blue when PO was opened was around 40k,. Right now, I think it would be better to wait if Bandai will do a general release just like the previous Tamashii Nation event items, or just buy the original MB SF which is around the same price point or lower (if used).

I already have a KO of the original so it's all good. I just thought from the beginning I can get an original this time with better coloring but if the price is so astronomical, I'll rather pass.

For those in Europe you can order the Metal Build EVA through Kapow Toys: https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/metal-build-evangelion-eva-01-test-type.html

I use them quite a bit for my 3rd party transforming robots and they always delivered, have a good responsiveness and customer support.

The price is higher but that is due to the included 20% VAT in Great Britain. 

I don't know if they can remove the sales tax when they ship outside of Europe but it might be worth asking if it the EVA is still available for preorder. 

[edit:] Seems like they only ship to countries in Europe but you can request a custom quote for other countries with the exception of the US. 

Edited by Scyla

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I already have a KO of the original so it's all good. I just thought from the beginning I can get an original this time with better coloring but if the price is so astronomical, I'll rather pass.

how is the ko quality wise?

23 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

how is the ko quality wise?

It was ok. Joints are so tight. The only gripe I have is that there's some slight 'expose' gaps on the waist Rail Guns. Like it's not properly snap fit. And the Dragoons are so tight. I'm scared of removing it from the wing. But as a display piece, it passes. 

8 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

They will release it via lottery system.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! Regular MB Strike Freedom is now Y88000 at NY??? :blink:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/12787-.html

N-Y always have big mark ups for already released items, especially for premium ones such as metal build. Haven't really tracked MB SF pricie on N-Y but from what I can remember a year or two ago, it's already at 50k - 60k range at that time. Checking Mandrake MB SF that's really mint/unopened is currently at 60k, so not surprising that's N-Y's current price for the original MB SF (they are always more expensive for aftermarket items, they're only good for POs).

Man the EVA MB just isn't meant to be for me. Part of it is my fault since I haven't been able to get online every day this week. However, every time I do I see a new link for a shop it is available at, click it, annnnd its gone. I know it's been said over and over again with these ridiculous pre-order sell outs but Bandai must really hate money. I can't help but picture some sadistic CEO happily giving up the money from a few thousand extra orders just so he can drink the tears of their frustrated clientele. 

55 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Man the EVA MB just isn't meant to be for me. Part of it is my fault since I haven't been able to get online every day this week. However, every time I do I see a new link for a shop it is available at, click it, annnnd its gone. I know it's been said over and over again with these ridiculous pre-order sell outs but Bandai must really hate money. I can't help but picture some sadistic CEO happily giving up the money from a few thousand extra orders just so he can drink the tears of their frustrated clientele. 

My theory is that Bandai has so many product lines that the need to allot factory time in batches and well ahead to manage these wast portfolios. I.e. you can either do one batch for 1000* units or two batches for 2000* units nothing in between. They probably figures that the amount of units they can sell is around 1200* so it wouldn't make sense to produces two batches especially if the hype around the releases makes sure that they sell all their stock.

Even if Evangelion and Gundam are popular franchises the market for those toys might still be small enough that it doesn't make sense to make special productions just for them or delay the next wave of Dragonball SHF toys or similar popular lines.

I can't imagine that the stakeholders of Bandai hate money. And just because we care about these toys doesn't mean that they matter that much in the grand scheme of things of one of the largest toy manufacturers in the world. 

*fictional numbers

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

Unfortunately we're currently not their target market / clientele (at least for the Metal Build, DX Chogokin), otherwise they would have a launched PBandai a;ready with the same products being sold on Japan or the other PBandai shops. It will be beneficial for us if they'll expand, but as with any big Japanese conglomerate, they're usually conservative.

Edited by pafy6285

10 minutes ago, Scyla said:

My theory is that Bandai has so many product lines that the need to allot factory time in batches and well ahead to manage these wast portfolios. I.e. you can either do one batch for 1000* units or two batches for 2000* units nothing in between. They probably figures that the amount of units they can sell is around 1200* so it wouldn't make sense to produces two batches especially if the hype around the releases makes sure that they sell all their stock.

Even if Evangelion and Gundam are popular franchises the market for those toys might still be small enough that it doesn't make sense to make special productions just for them or delay the next wave of Dragonball SHF toys or similar popular lines.

I can't imagine that the stakeholders of Bandai hate money. And just because we care about these toys doesn't mean that they matter that much in the grand scheme of things of one of the largest toy manufacturers in the world. 

*fictional numbers

8 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

Unfortunately we're currently not their target market / clientele (at least for the Metal Build, DX Chogokin), otherwise they would have a launched PBandai a;ready with the same products being sold on Japan or the other PBandai shops. It will be beneficial for us if they'll expand, but as with any big Japanese conglomerate, they're usually conservative.

Yes I am sure that there is some logical business decision that this is related to that I/we are not privy to. Bandai has obviously been around for quite awhile and is doing well financially so they must know what they are doing. 

My statement was more a venting of my frustration in not getting a toy I want. It also helps me to feel better picturing some evil villain CEO that has a grudge against me. Sometimes he wins, sometimes I win. :p

These toys probably aren't cheap to produce, and some of them don't sell that well I think (the arbalest and leavatein from FMP come to mind, they're available everywhere), which probably leads to small production quantities to start. 

What boggles my mind is why Bandai doesn't want to produce more of uber popular merchandise like the Strike Freedom or Eva.