Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, carlsylar said:

C33C0B3C-F8BE-48DC-836E-8CB7B89A76ED.jpeg.d55b860dc96736bae1136338d0aed5ea.jpegSo it arrives before Christmas luckily HLJ only charges me 1400 yen for EMS international shipping,they packed it sooooo huge. Total 94400 yen and custom of China didn’t charge me import fee.

For this extremely expensive Gundam, the movement are limited but the details are fantastic. I only play around for 1-2hours, haven’t try a lot, personally feel this one is a masterpiece but still but over price

You're killing me with this shot! I would display it a lot like that (if not exactly).:good:

I want to want one of these sooooooo bad. I love the sculpt, detail, size and if I'm being honest.....exclusivity. There is just something missing in that "gut want" department for me though. Or to be more specific the "gut want" over cost equation. The higher the cost, the more the "gut want" needs to be for me. This big beautiful bastard is right on the line though. If I could get one for PO pricing I'd probably pull the trigger.

What is the actual overall height/width? Would it fit in a Detolf with adjustable shelf height?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sqidd keep an eye out on BBTS for canceled pre-orders. I got mine there when I missed out on PO night on this thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sqidd said:

You're killing me with this shot! I would display it a lot like that (if not exactly).:good:

I want to want one of these sooooooo bad. I love the sculpt, detail, size and if I'm being honest.....exclusivity. There is just something missing in that "gut want" department for me though. Or to be more specific the "gut want" over cost equation. The higher the cost, the more the "gut want" needs to be for me. This big beautiful bastard is right on the line though. If I could get one for PO pricing I'd probably pull the trigger.

What is the actual overall height/width? Would it fit in a Detolf with adjustable shelf height?

 

I assume higher than 40 cm, if ur going for the funnel I suggest 60cm probably. I think you can wait since the America version has not released yet, right now the price is crazy tooooo much crazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a huge Gundam fan and Bandai didn't charge an extra $300 for funnels, I'd absolutely want one of these as a display centerpiece.

A strike VF-1S (Focker yellow preferably) at this size and detail and I'd absolutely take the plunge.

Of course, Bandai would charge 100,000 for the valk and another 50,000 for the strike parts as a p-Bandai exclusive. With no internal details. :p

Edited by Lolicon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised the Nu didn't come with fantastic articulation. I handled my friend's piece and it was unwieldy. I wouldn't want it on flying or other pose besides museum. With the size, the insane amount of details this looks best in museum with the inner details exposed and displayed.

Edited by eXis10z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fin Funnels opened up for the Metal Structure Nu again. I finally snagged an order with DeJapan. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

The Fin Funnels opened up for the Metal Structure Nu again. I finally snagged an order with DeJapan. :)

Same here. Its not a 2nd batch because the release date is still for June 2020. I'm wondering if some people cancelled their funnel orders because some shops cancelled and refunded some customers on their MS Nu preorders. A friend of mine had his order with Kuramashop cancelled and his deposit of $500 was refunded. Hmm after 6 months of holding onto multiple persons orders (say 100 people) with a deposit of $500 each for half a year ($50k) I'm sure gains some interest. Nvm me I'm just  on some crazy rambling speculation... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

The Fin Funnels opened up for the Metal Structure Nu again. I finally snagged an order with DeJapan. :)

Damn. Wish I would've caught that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grey728 said:

The Fin Funnels opened up for the Metal Structure Nu again. I finally snagged an order with DeJapan. :)

Nice, glad dejapan was on the lookout for you .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Damn. Wish I would've caught that for sure.

They're available on P-Bandai right now. You can get them.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Nice, glad dejapan was on the lookout for you .

Yeah, they reached out to me on Christmas day asking if they should continue looking/waiting for more stock. I thought we should be patient and sure enough orders opened up again. I had let them know and in a few hours they secured my order. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grey728 said:

They're available on P-Bandai right now. You can get them.

Well I will do just that lmao. Thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I wonder if Bandai is trying a new strategy here of incrementally releasing more units in batches. This way they don't sell out in the first few minutes/hours/days so scalpers don't purchase them all at once and give more people an opportunity to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Well I will do just that lmao. Thanks so much

Am I not searching properly on P-Bandai's site? I'm not seeing it. 

I guess too slow on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cottonelle said:

Am I not searching properly on P-Bandai's site? I'm not seeing it. 

I guess too slow on my part.

For the Fin Funnels? 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000138917/

 

Out of curiosity though, how many here is going to do a Double Fin Funnel display?

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If I were a huge Gundam fan and Bandai didn't charge an extra $300 for funnels, I'd absolutely want one of these as a display centerpiece.

A strike VF-1S (Focker yellow preferably) at this size and detail and I'd absolutely take the plunge.

Of course, Bandai would charge 100,000 for the valk and another 50,000 for the strike parts as a p-Bandai exclusive. With no internal details. :p

did you cancel it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my Eva 02 from USA Gundam Store.

Definitely like the 02 is the better looking figure, though the 01 has the better box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

For the Fin Funnels? 

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000138917/

 

Out of curiosity though, how many here is going to do a Double Fin Funnel display?

 

Ill be doing the double funnel display. My friend is planning to do angel wings with 4 and if anything ill lend him my two in case he needs a larger wingspan for pictures... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link; much appreciated.

Speaking of Fin Funnels, anyone care to guess how the MS Nu will stand up to having stuff attached to its back?

I know being back heavy was a point of concern for any large scale model when it came for gundams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

did you cancel it?

No, I let @waverider have the preorder since I'm not a big enough Gundam fan to really want to drop a grand on it.

Waiting for Bandai to give Focker's 1S the Metal Structure treatment and I'll spend that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

 

Waiting for Bandai to give Focker's 1S the Metal Structure treatment and I'll spend that much.

I'd be so in on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

if you ordered from BBTS you would've been perfect.

How so? That would have cost more and it wouldn't be available till the end of January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

How so? That would have cost more and it wouldn't be available till the end of January. 

i thought it was the same cost as hlj and cheaper shipping but i didn't bother looking as i wasn't interested. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i thought it was the same cost as hlj and cheaper shipping but i didn't bother looking as i wasn't interested. 

 

Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'd be so in on that.

Well, if you want to spend that much on a Roy 1S, there's going to be a Hachette VF-1S collection. Will probably end up costing more than the Nu even.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

How so? That would have cost more and it wouldn't be available till the end of January. 

it's 890 at hlj +300 shipping

edit: it's 929 at BBTS. + flat rate 4 bucks shipping

not sure but there seems to be a flaw in your calculations. 

you not perfect anymore:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, if you want to spend that much on a Roy 1S, there's going to be a Hachette VF-1S collection. Will probably end up costing more than the Nu even.

 

No transformation and I have to put it together myself? No bueno.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's 890 at hlj +300 shipping

edit: it's 929 at BBTS. + flat rate 4 bucks shipping

not sure but there seems to be a flaw in your calculations. 

you not perfect anymore:o

Dont forget state tax! XD

I think its 4% at bbts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Dont forget state tax! XD

I think its 4% at bbts.

Depends on where the buyer lives but even at 10% tax, it's still cheaper than HLJ total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...