On 3/23/2021 at 2:35 AM, weiser21 said:

Looks like one unit has the options for any of the Tri Stars. So if you want to display all 3 at the same time, then you would need to purchase 3.

What?  You mean they're ¥24,200 each? :o

For a 1:100 scale figure that doesn't light up, or transform, or come with a display base, even? :blink:

That's insane:huh:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

For a 1:100 scale figure that doesn't light up, or transform, or come with a display base, even? :blink:

Even if it is not shown in the pictures for the Black Tri Stars, the original Zaku came with a stand so I could see that this will come with a stand as well.

Especially since the stand wasn’t included in the promotional images for the original Zaku as well.

Edited by Scyla

5 hours ago, tekering said:

I would be surprised if it doesn't come with a display base. Stands were included with all previous GFFMC figures. Also did some comparisons between the regular Zaku II releases and the Black Tri-Stars. The previous Zaku II releases were 20,000 yen and the Black Tri Stars are 22,000 (excluding tax). The 24,000 yen price was with tax. So an extra 2,000 yen for an all inclusive package to make any of the three variants. I guess there will be plenty of extra pieces if something gets broken if you get three copies. 

Also to add to the fun that day

https://tamashii.jp/special/metal_robot/barbatos_lupus/

Edited by General Rasp

On 3/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, leeboo1211 said:

Wow, that's $20 more than I thought it would go for. $300+ once you factor in shipping and tax. Pass for me. 

38 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

$313.93 total

Factor in a guesstimate Y5400 for shipping the total is Y34000. That's around $310.20 in today's conversion.

P-Bandai and it's easy to order? How I wish it's always like this. ;) 

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Factor in a guesstimate Y5400 for shipping the total is Y34000. That's around $310.20 in today's conversion.

P-Bandai and it's easy to order? How I wish it's always like this. ;) 

Oh I'm not complaining, P-Bandai USA is great for us collectors. Just this one isn't for me is all. I'm happy with the Full Cloth. 

5 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Oh I'm not complaining, P-Bandai USA is great for us collectors. Just this one isn't for me is all. I'm happy with the Full Cloth. 

I didn't get the full cloth, which I'm kind of regretting.

16 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

10 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I didn't get the full cloth, which I'm kind of regretting.

Same here. I didn't get any of the Crossbones. I'm actually just waiting for Justice and Hi-Nu. ;) 

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. I didn't get any of the Crossbones. I'm actually just waiting for Justice and Hi-Nu. ;) 

I'm waiting on those as well. I also hope my Dynames from amazon comes through,

23 hours ago, Snorly said:

Amazon.com still has it? It is a Nov15 release date there though.

Hmmm. I am reading in the thread that Amazon is cancelling orders. Although I have had success with them in the past shipping to the states.

I have an inquiry someone here may be able to provide insight to me on. I am looking at getting an Exia version. I know theres a ton. I want to also get the METAL BUILD Option Parts set, but wan to make sure it is the Avalanche version that this set goes to. Theres so many Exia versions, and I only want one version. Preferably the beefier over all Avelanche. Just want to make sure I am not purchasing anything more then whats needed.

15 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Hmmm. I am reading in the thread that Amazon is cancelling orders. Although I have had success with them in the past shipping to the states.

I had a Bandai Dynaction Evangelion figure and some Threezero figures cancelled from them in the last year. I think those were both smaller batch items. (I've had some figures from major US manufacturers cancelled too, but I'm chalking that up to the times we live in.)

I would think a general Metal Build release like this would be safe from cancellation if you don't have another option elsewhere. You can always cancel your order later without penalty. 

31 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

I have an inquiry someone here may be able to provide insight to me on. I am looking at getting an Exia version. I know theres a ton. I want to also get the METAL BUILD Option Parts set, but wan to make sure it is the Avalanche version that this set goes to. Theres so many Exia versions, and I only want one version. Preferably the beefier over all Avelanche. Just want to make sure I am not purchasing anything more then whats needed.

So just for clarification, Bandai released the Metal Build Exia that includes Repair III parts.

https://tamashii.jp/item/10204/

Then they release the Exia Avalanche, it is the Metal Build Exia with Avalanche parts and different armor. 

https://tamashii.jp/item/10778/

The option parts you mentioned only go to the Exia Avalanche, I don't believe they are compatible with the regular Exia. 

https://tamashii.jp/item/10806/

Lastly, Bandai also release a weapon plus version of the Exia Avalanche. This version is the same as the previous one but includes two extra swords and a shield. I believe it is also harder to find at a good price than the regular Avalanche version. 

https://tamashii.jp/item/10779/

So I would recommend based on your post getting one of the Avalanche versions and the option set to go with it. I went with the regular release because it was accurate to the manga. Based on what I have read the Exia Avalanche only had (1) short sword, (1) long sword, and the GN Blade. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by General Rasp
Added opinion