23 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Sales must have been bad that they have to do this to attract foreign/overseas buyers.

edit: I am referring to Mandarake and its promo, which is great.

A lot of my watched items from them are still getting bought or sold constantly. Who knows? If they really wanted to sell more stuff because sales have been bad, a good discount on all items would do better than some random drawing. I'd like to win but I'm not buying just because of that. If they dropped the price, that will definitely push me to make a purchase. 

Hey guys;

Did any of you order recently any MB from 'Kurama Toys', they haven't shipped my FFG Wing Snow White and they are asking for $90 for shipping to CA, USA. I think they're trying to screw me, I've bought other MB figures recently and shipping is half that price from Japan. Any recent experience with them in this regard?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Zywll said:

Hey guys;

Did any of you order recently any MB from 'Kurama Toys', they haven't shipped my FFG Wing Snow White and they are asking for $90 for shipping to CA, USA. I think they're trying to screw me, I've bought other MB figures recently and shipping is half that price from Japan. Any recent experience with them in this regard?

Thanks

They can't ship EMS right now. That's probably a DHL 3 day shipping price. Which is not abnormal.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They can't ship EMS right now. That's probably a DHL 3 day shipping price. Which is not abnormal.

Thanks, I did some research, compared to other websites with similar products (weight & dimensions), orders and shipping I paid in the last 2 weeks for equivalent products, and even compared to Fedex rates from their website, Kurama's rates are still way higher. I will just swallow it this time, but never again from those guys. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Zywll said:

Thanks, I did some research, compared to other websites with similar products (weight & dimensions), orders and shipping I paid in the last 2 weeks for equivalent products, and even compared to Fedex rates from their website, Kurama's rates are still way higher. I will just swallow it this time, but never again from those guys. Thanks!

You can't use the dimensions and weight of the sites. Those numbers are without the shipping box (bigger & heavier) and materials (heavier).

On top of that they most likely do not get shipping discounts like the bigger vendors do. Volume discounts from the shipping companies can be huge. For example, I pay under half of UPS's standard rates because of my ship volume and 20yrs of doing business with them.

But if you want to feel like you got screwed, enjoy.:good:

34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You can't use the dimensions and weight of the sites. Those numbers are without the shipping box (bigger & heavier) and materials (heavier).

On top of that they most likely do not get shipping discounts like the bigger vendors do. Volume discounts from the shipping companies can be huge. For example, I pay under half of UPS's standard rates because of my ship volume and 20yrs of doing business with them.

But if you want to feel like you got screwed, enjoy.:good:

I included the outer package weight and dimensions (I already received the same item from other vendors, so I can be precise with my inputs), don't assume everybody you intereact with are 15 and have no clue how shipping works.

I didn't ask the question to feel good or bad, I asked to see if somebody has had similar experiences with this vendor that seems to be taking advantage of the situation, but you seem to have an incentive to defend their rate, even when facts seem to prove they're being unfair. 

Anyway, thanks for your input, I wish I had received feedback from somebody whom has been in a similar situation with them recently.

Just now, Zywll said:

.............. even when facts seem to prove they're being unfair. 

You are conveniently leaving one huge fact/factor out........that I already explained to you. You don't know what their discount structure is with the shipping companies compared to the vendors you shopped the shipping cost against.

I'm not defending anything but the concept of perspective.

3 hours ago, Zywll said:

Hey guys;

Thanks

So I've only used them once, for S.H. Figuarts items, and the shipping was very inexpensive for EMS. Now granted, those items still haven't shipped and those in no way compare to the Snow White Gundam Wing, but I do have one of those myself and the box is gigantic and heavy (which you already know).

$90 "feels" high but as Sqidd was trying to say it depends on the vendor they're using and the method. So my "gut check" feeling is the same as yours, but there are some other factors not listed that might add some perspective to the price.

41 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You are conveniently leaving one huge fact/factor out........that I already explained to you. You don't know what their discount structure is with the shipping companies compared to the vendors you shopped the shipping cost against.

I'm not defending anything but the concept of perspective.

Perspective works both ways, the way that it's fair to give the shop some benefit of the doubt it's perfectly fair to allow someone to feel that the price they're being asked to pay is significantly higher than what they were expecting/prepared for/feel is reasonable.

The bottom line is COVID has everything f'ed up and international shipping is just another symptom of that.

-b.

4 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So I've only used them once, for S.H. Figuarts items, and the shipping was very inexpensive for EMS. Now granted, those items still haven't shipped and those in no way compare to the Snow White Gundam Wing, but I do have one of those myself and the box is gigantic and heavy (which you already know).

$90 "feels" high but as Sqidd was trying to say it depends on the vendor they're using and the method. So my "gut check" feeling is the same as yours, but there are some other factors not listed that might add some perspective to the price.

Perspective works both ways, the way that it's fair to give the shop some benefit of the doubt it's perfectly fair to allow someone to feel that the price they're being asked to pay is significantly higher than what they were expecting/prepared for/feel is reasonable.

The bottom line is COVID has everything f'ed up and international shipping is just another symptom of that.

-b.

Thanks for your input, I got in touch with them and to point out that their website estimated $60 to ship the MB Astray Red Frame Kai via Fedex US express (3 days), which has the same box dimensions and is slightly heavier than the Snow White. They told me their website is wrong, and that I should ignore their rates, I just pointed out that it was inneficient for their business and customers whom place an order, to get into another round of discussions because the initial payment is predetermined to be wrong.

I get what you guys are saying, valid points, but there are several things that are fishy in this situation, but I guess we'll just have to deal with this until shipping is stabilized. Thanks!

The Snow White EW box is definitely bigger and heavier than a VF-0D which I paid around ~$100 to ship via DHL using FromJapan. I also ordered a Snow White from KuramaToys and haven't gotten it nor have they messaged me that they have it in their possession. I do have more PO items from them so I don't mind waiting and stocking them up in their warehouse. I just wish they'd respond to my inquiry. In fairness though I just sent that email in the past day or two and there's supposedly a big holiday in Japan going on right now. They might be out of office for a week.

8 minutes ago, Zywll said:

Thanks for your input, I got in touch with them and to point out that their website estimated $60 to ship the MB Astray Red Frame Kai via Fedex US express (3 days), which has the same box dimensions and is slightly heavier than the Snow White. They told me their website is wrong, and that I should ignore their rates, I just pointed out that it was inneficient for their business and customers whom place an order, to get into another round of discussions because the initial payment is predetermined to be wrong.

I get what you guys are saying, valid points, but there are several things that are fishy in this situation, but I guess we'll just have to deal with this until shipping is stabilized. Thanks!

Yeah, that would annoy me too. Don't provide an estimate if your customers should ignore it.

I don't really have any personal reference for them and how trustworthy or not they are so hopefully you can get an amicable solution to your shipping situation, but barring that hopefully you get what you paid for (and in good order).

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

The Snow White EW box is definitely bigger and heavier than a VF-0D which I paid around ~$100 to ship via DHL using FromJapan. I also ordered a Snow White from KuramaToys and haven't gotten it nor have they messaged me that they have it in their possession. I do have more PO items from them so I don't mind waiting and stocking them up in their warehouse. I just wish they'd respond to my inquiry. In fairness though I just sent that email in the past day or two and there's supposedly a big holiday in Japan going on right now. They might be out of office for a week.

Good luck to you as well!

-b.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

From my perspective he's bad mouthing a business without all of the facts or a long standing history to base it on. Please explain to me how that is acceptable. For perspective pretend you own that business and you know that you didn't mark shipping up.;)

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

From my perspective he's bad mouthing a business without all of the facts or a long standing history to base it on. Please explain to me how that is acceptable. For perspective pretend you own that business and you know that you didn't mark shipping up.;)

Hi,

I'm Mr. Ya, Nippo N. I'm more commonly known and addressed as Mr. Ya-san by my colleagues and employees. I know what you're saying Mr. Sqidd-san. As a fellow business owner, I don't appreciate being bad mouthed without all the facts. I like your way of thinking Mr. Sqidd-san. I know we'll get along quite well.

As for the Snow White, the dimensions I have with a proper fitting shipping box is 17" x 6.5" x 12.5". I would put the weight between 4 to 5 lbs. Just input that on Fedex's website with a Japan to USA destination and you'll see the price is 50% more than $90. I'd say Kurama-san isn't nickel and diming you.

Regards,

Mr. Nippo N. Ya (aka Mr. Ya-san)

39 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You're being biased as a business owner, which is fine. We all have our own biases. ;)

As a consumer I'm perfectly within my rights to recount my experience with your business as I see it. We all hope for that accounting to be fair and reasonable, and to be honest I don't take any issue with stating that $90 for shipping sounds excessive. I'd be pissed too if it were me.

Granted with additional fact finding maybe that $90 is completely justified, but on it's face I'm going to reiterate that based on what's been stated in this thread I agree with the assertion that something doesn't add up, and would likely share my experiences with the folks here if I felt strongly enough about it.

Usually I don't though, I vote with my wallet and spend my money elsewhere because as we've said, perspective is key as are our own opinions, bias and viewpoints about the things we go through.

Now - can someone tell me where to find a good price on a MB Freedom Gundam Concept 2??? I've got preorder secured from a US e-tailer, but I want one now! lol

-b.

10 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

You're being biased as a business owner, which is fine. We all have our own biases. ;)

As a consumer I'm perfectly within my rights to recount my experience with your business as I see it. We all hope for that accounting to be fair and reasonable, and to be honest I don't take any issue with stating that $90 for shipping sounds excessive. I'd be pissed too if it were me.

Granted with additional fact finding maybe that $90 is completely justified, but on it's face I'm going to reiterate that based on what's been stated in this thread I agree with the assertion that something doesn't add up, and would likely share my experiences with the folks here if I felt strongly enough about it.

Usually I don't though, I vote with my wallet and spend my money elsewhere because as we've said, perspective is key as are our own opinions, bias and viewpoints about the things we go through.

Now - can someone tell me where to find a good price on a MB Freedom Gundam Concept 2??? I've got preorder secured from a US e-tailer, but I want one now! lol

-b.

Thanks for adding some perspective, I get their perspective as business owners, but I don't think they should get 'emotional' trying to justify why this may be a common practice for them. Anyway, I'm done with that topic.

Regarding your question on the MB Concept 2, bluefin just posted earlier today that they will have it available and they will soon announce when they will open the preorder window, so expect a bloodbath if a lot of people in the US are also looking for it, because I'm guessing you will not get it cheaper from anywhere else. Good luck with your hunt!

Edited by Zywll
misspelled

8 minutes ago, Zywll said:

Thanks for adding some perspective, I get their perspective as business owners, but I don't think they should get 'emotional' trying to justify why this may be a common practice for them. Anyway, I'm done with that topic.

Regarding your question on the MB Concept 2, bluefin just posted earlier today that they will have it available and they will soon announce when they will open the preorder window, so expect a bloodbath if a lot of people in the US are also looking for it, because I'm guessing you will not get it cheaper from anywhere else. Good luck with your hunt!

Cool, cool! 

And thank you for the heads-up, I'll add Bluefin to the list of sites I'm stalking. :ph34r:

-b.

7 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Cool, cool! 

And thank you for the heads-up, I'll add Bluefin to the list of sites I'm stalking. :ph34r:

-b.

Follow them on Facebook and Twitter, that has saved me hundreds of dollars with scalpers and other websites that increase their prices when their quantities go low (I hope I'm not hurting anybody with this comment, haha).

1 hour ago, Zywll said:

Follow them on Facebook and Twitter, that has saved me hundreds of dollars with scalpers and other websites that increase their prices when their quantities go low (I hope I'm not hurting anybody with this comment, haha).

Gotcha. Stalking to commence on social media. 

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I didn't stop being a consumer when I started a business. ;)

Of course, but for this entire conversation you’ve posted from the perspective of business owner. But seriously it’s all good, we’ve beaten the crap out of this dead horse lol.

-b.

8 hours ago, Zywll said:

Seems like you are using some incorrect info to do your comparison estimates.

MB Red Frame Kai Alternative is 

15 x 10.5 x 4.5 inches at 2 pound 14 oz

(1290g)

Metal Composite Wing prelude is

15.5 x 11.5 x 5.5 inches at 3 pound 6 oz

(1540g)

The WZprelude is both bigger and heavier than what you are trying to use as the estimate.    Because the WZPrelude is bigger they will also need to use a bigger shipping box which will add in more weight .  When it goes over 4 pound it will automatically charges as 5 pound with nothing in between.  And the fact that they use dem weight which bigger box equals more expensive shipping  .  So that $90 may look high, but it’s within range .

Hope this will make you feel more acceptable on the $90 shipping price. 

3 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Very nice! Looks like it will fit in with the current Metal Build styling of the SEED suits better than the original version. 

Is there a special connection for displaying it upside down?

There is, a backpack holding connection part will do. It is a sharp one, very nice and tight joints. However, I’d like to point out the 1.0 version can also do upside down. 

6 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

There is, a backpack holding connection part will do. It is a sharp one, very nice and tight joints. However, I’d like to point out the 1.0 version can also do upside down. 

Huh, didn't know the 1.0 version could do that. Hopefully the shipments to the states won't take forever. It is always exciting getting a new Metal Build.

6 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Huh, didn't know the 1.0 version could do that. Hopefully the shipments to the states won't take forever. It is always exciting getting a new Metal Build.

It should be fast, and I see bluefin is tweeting that NA version will soon arrive also.

2 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Haven't technically gotten it yet since I'm at work but DHL delivered mine a couple hours ago. Unfortunately anything sent via EMS is a still a no-go since Japan Post still won't even accept US bound items yet.

Got home and got the Freedom opened and posed; I really hate having to criticize two releases in a row but the Freedom 2.0 is the worst experience I've had with an official Metal Build.

The flight unit attachment is finicky and prone to popping loose and the shield connection is just garbage that falls out when looked at funny and doesn't even have the range of motion to allow the hand grip to be used simultaniously unless the arm is completely straight.

Fortunately it looks amazing; especially with the other two Strike linage suits, and the stand adaptor helps keep the flight unit in place so on balance I'd say I like it but it's definately the low bar for Bandai as far as I've seen. I don't think I'm going to mess with the pose on this one for a long while and just leave it on the shelf as-is.

I5v4OhR.jpg

PVLdUOk.jpg

tFdu5ms.jpg

2 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Got home and got the Freedom opened and posed; I really hate having to criticize two releases in a row but the Freedom 2.0 is the worst experience I've had with an official Metal Build.

The flight unit attachment is finicky and prone to popping loose and the shield connection is just garbage that falls out when looked at funny and doesn't even have the range of motion to allow the hand grip to be used simultaniously unless the arm is completely straight.

Fortunately it looks amazing; especially with the other two Strike linage suits, and the stand adaptor helps keep the flight unit in place so on balance I'd say I like it but it's definately the low bar for Bandai as far as I've seen. I don't think I'm going to mess with the pose on this one for a long while and just leave it on the shelf as-is.

I5v4OhR.jpg

PVLdUOk.jpg

tFdu5ms.jpg

could also be a bad apple you got.