23 minutes ago, crackpot said:

At this point, unless proof is provided supporting claim of either side, it's all just an assumption whether it is or not popular with adults. 

I think this is a fair statement but I'm also a believer that when it's pretty blatant that neither party can statistically speak for the literal majority of a population then it should be assumed that both sides are speaking from their own perspective and not presenting it as absolute fact without anyone having to write "IMO" every sentence. I certainly didn't take Sanity that way even being on the oposite end. 

--------

Anyways, another series I'm surprised hasn't gotten the nod is IBO; Not even a sketch or placard hinting at Barbatos has been shown?

I'm not talking about if there is an adult fanbase for build fighters or not.

I'm pointing out the target audience for the anime and the vast majority of the build fighters model kits skew younger then Gundam in general.

Something can be aimed at children and still have adult fans, but if a show is aimed at children then the show's merchandise will similarly be aimed at children.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm not talking about if there is an adult fanbase for build fighters or not.

I'm pointing out the target audience for the anime and the vast majority of the build fighters model kits skew younger then Gundam in general.

Something can be aimed at children and still have adult fans, but if a show is aimed at children then the show's merchandise will similarly be aimed at children.

Whenit comes to models, though (which these are mostly represented) it's more about size/scale and detail when it comes to grades than age, IIRC. If this stuff wasn't aimed towards adults as well then there'd be a lot more original suits vs the consistent tie ins with ones of the past since as you stated a lot of **kids** that would view this stuff wouldn't have been around for a lot of what is homaged and shown. 

I think that the show is definitely a different type and layout than a lot of other Gundam series but I don't think of it as for kids. in the sense that I would Teen Titans Go!

Your point has bern understood since you first responded but I plain don't agree and see plenty of room and demand for homages in the Metal Build line.

---------

00 Raiser delayed till Friday BUT it's getting delivered to myjob so at least it'll break up the day.

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Whenit comes to models, though (which these are mostly represented) it's more about size/scale and detail when it comes to grades than age, IIRC. If this stuff wasn't aimed towards adults as well then there'd be a lot more original suits vs the consistent tie ins with ones of the past since as you stated a lot of **kids** that would view this stuff wouldn't have been around for a lot of what is homaged and shown. 

I think that the show is definitely a different type and layout than a lot of other Gundam series but I don't think of it as for kids. in the sense that I would Teen Titans Go!

Your point has bern understood since you first responded but I plain don't agree and see plenty of room and demand for homages in the Metal Build line.

---------

00 Raiser delayed till Friday BUT it's getting delivered to myjob so at least it'll break up the day.

The Build Fighters and Divers shows have a completely different feel than shows like IBO or Gundam Thunderbolt. One is aimed at older audiences (like us) that have watched gundam for 20 years or more. Build Fighters and Drivers are meant to bring the younger audience into the genre and keep the fan base alive. 

This also is the same for the model kits. The ones from Build Fighters and Divers are much simpler for younger kids. It is an excellent marketing strategy to get new generations into the series. Which I imagine is why the majority of the kits from those series are HG. IIRC, only a few of the earlier designs were made into MG.

So while some adults may watch the Fighters and Divers, Bandai isn't marketing those suit designs to adults. As such no Metal Builds have been made from Fighters or Divers. If they ever do I imagine it would be under P-Bandai. 

It's so weird... the Metal Build Eva 02 is bar none the best I've seen Eva 02 look while the Eva 01 I can't get over the headsculpt. Thank you @enphily for sharing.

12 hours ago, Scyla said:

I would die for a MB Kaempfer Amazing. 
One can dream right? :lazy:

Would it not be incredible? SEriously; completely untapped market.

8 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Bandai's new motto "stealing kids lunch monies since 1980s"... lol.

LMAO

5 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Not being funny but assuming you ordered it why wouldn't you get it??

I ordered from Bluefin when they put it up for direct order by mistake. they never canceled my order and they said they're going to try to honor the preorder but I won't know until it's in the mail.

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Not being funny but assuming you ordered it why wouldn't you get it??

I‘m ordered from Otaku Square because it was the only place I could get an order in. 
The order window was open suspiciously long and they canceled a bunch of MB-01 preorder because they couldn’t secure enough stock.

If this falls through I might have to pay the Iron Price or hope for a reissue.

Got my 00 Designer Blue and he has a paint rub on the top of his upper thigh, knee joints are loose and on one of the shields the camo pattern is not painted cleanly.

Otherwise he is great. Love the colors.

Picked up the just released Metal Build Crossbone X2 Gundam last night.

Haven't opened it yet though. May hold off opening it until Christmas and make it a Christmas present to myself.

I really hope we get a Metal Build Crossbone X3 and also a Full Cloth version of the X1.

8 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I ordered from Bluefin when they put it up for direct order by mistake. they never canceled my order and they said they're going to try to honor the preorder but I won't know until it's in the mail.

Oh, ok! Well I'm sure it'll go through considering Bluefin keeps stock for conventions anyways.

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Got my 00 Designer Blue and he has a paint rub on the top of his upper thigh, knee joints are loose and on one of the shields the camo pattern is not painted cleanly.

Otherwise he is great. Love the colors.

I'd return the bleep out of that.

--------------------------------------------

00 Raiser comes today. Almost wish I never got the Strike freedom because this has gotten a bit out of control.

Edited by Kuma Style

1 hour ago, Shukenzero said:

@Kuma Style Unfortunately most shops don’t take units back with bad paint apps. I learned the hard way the first time I got a metal build. The Exia had a glue smudge on the shoulder and the shop wouldn’t take it back so I ended up buying another and selling it.

That's insanity to me.

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

That's insanity to me.

Someone, or a couple of someones were explaining how the Far East has a completely different culture to us and how that relates to the retail sales relationship. It was pretty interesting.

That said, that sounds nuts to me too. I'd give them one more opportunity to make it right then chargback.

The item in question is an event only limited exclusive. These stores purchased them at retail pricing and had to pick them up during the event itself. Bandai doesn't have any return policy for these unless they are defective. A slight paint rub or less than perfect paint app doesn't make the product defective. They specify on their pre-order page as well that slight variations may occur between units and the actual product. Obviously, Bandai put that in to cover their asses for such minor paint blemishes. It's unfortunate and even I'd be bummed with it but in this case, it's sold as is. With that, you're expecting too much from the stores that sold these.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

@sqidd and anyone else interested.

EVA-02 and Crossbone Gundam X-2 back in stock at Anime Export

EVA-02: $285 http://www.anime-export.com/product/45988

Crossbone Gunam X-2: $306 http://www.anime-export.com/product/45985

TY!

I scored a EVA-02!:yahoo:

Edited by sqidd

On the subject of paint defects, the products don’t have to be limited for the sellers not to exchange or refund you. Asia was a culture shock compared to the UK. Never thought exchanging something I wasn’t fully satisfied with, let alone defective, would be like jumping through fire.

Given time, I’ve gotten used to it, and I’ve had my fair share of repeat purchases to cover horrible QC, but then again, even in Japan, they don’t do exchanges for these kinds of things. You walk out and it’s on you.