:ohmy: Well it definitely has a metal build spin with the design but damn does it look good! And they are including a display base, thank goodness! Looks like it will have plenty of accessories with the weapons and optional armor pieces. I am kinda bummed that they are cheating with the shoulder pylons and the knives are not stored there. It has a separate attachment to store the weapons. 

The price is 23,760 yen and going to be released in February, correct?  

yes, Februray 2019 release. Price is 22,000 yen or 23,760 yen with taxes (the base price for amiami)

edit: I think some can do it but I would advise against it. Metal build has some serious heft to it compared to other figure. I would suggest to use the included stand (bandai usually include one in their premium toy) or aftermarket stand that is intended to hold heavier figures (such as yeti stand, I am pretty sure he can easily design a new adapter for this)

Edited by chyll2

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Question, I'm new to Metal Builds, can you use regular Stage Act Stands or any other stands other than the ones that come with it?

Stage act are too small.  You can use the 1/100 gundam base 1 stands too but due to the weight of metal build , your poses will be limited .  

You can get the ko of the metal build display stands for under $20 shipped

you can also get a yeti stand and adapter.

31 minutes ago, F360 said:

Stage act are too small.  You can use the 1/100 gundam base 1 stands too but due to the weight of metal build , your poses will be limited .  

You can get the ko of the metal build display stands for under $20 shipped

you can also get a yeti stand and adapter.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info!

6 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Question, I'm new to Metal Builds, can you use regular Stage Act Stands or any other stands other than the ones that come with it?

If you're going to pose it standing, you can also try the stands for 1/6 scale figures with waist brackets. Generics and the ones from Storm Collectibles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-1-6-Scale-Action-Figure-Base-Display-Stand-U-Type-for-Hot-Toys-NIB-BBI/131991630511

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/73188

Bandai must have put a ton of work into this release considering the amount of teasers they are doing. The last couple weeks they have released a few images with more to come 8/31. I don't remember they last time they did something like that. 

I am surprised they added a light-up feature to the head, I think this is the first metal build to have that. 

This Eva looks unique in some way. But with the price it’s going for I’m debating whether to get this or not along with the Robot Damashii Nightingale. That one I’m definitely going to get. It’s going to be expensive if I get both. Hahaha! :lol: 

Though I have to admit I'm pretty sure I will not feel the difference later on since one is pay upfront and one pay later. Oh boy. Decisions decisions. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

That front view of Unit 01 is enough to get me to give this a big fat pass. The head and neck look super doofy and remove any of the menace it should have. That said, I feel like plenty of releases don't get the head and neck quite right, not really sure why this one is so difficult.

6 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

That front view of Unit 01 is enough to get me to give this a big fat pass. The head and neck look super doofy and remove any of the menace it should have. That said, I feel like plenty of releases don't get the head and neck quite right, not really sure why this one is so difficult.

Yeah after seeing the front view, I'm not liking how the thighs, shoulder, and head area look. Chances are excellent I wouldn't be able to get one anyway, this is the Metal Build line, so I may just pass and check out the smaller Mafex offerings instead, these proportions are a bit derpy.

To be fair, the proportions are only slightly more exaggerated than the Rebuild designs, which were already fairly noticeably different from the original (and dare I say it more iconic) super-skinny designs. The head is almost always hunched forward in the animations (forcibly, by its armor), so you never get a good look at it standing fully erect.

The shoulder pylons have been drastically downsized, though, which really disrupts the iconic silhouette. I'm also not a fan of the wrist cuffs; they bring to mind Mari's Eva-08(?), which is... fine, i guess, but certainly not my cup of tea. Its trunk also looks to be one section too long. Notice that the hands are level with the hip joints when they "should" reach to around mid-thigh or the knees.