15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Right now they're probably more worried about staying in business over the next two years.

You see that as an issue? Bandai owns them and is their US distributor. People are still buying their products at this time even though it's probably not to the extent before the pandemic.

Edited by crackpot

7 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

The colors are growing on me but man I hate that I cannot force myself to like the headsculpt on this.

It's a beautiful figure just the like the previous two. But I personally can't justify getting it because I don't even know how I'd display in a collection.

A question for those of you in the know, is there a reason for this to exist? Is there a night-mode in the new movies? 

Edited by FattyMoBookyButt

1 minute ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

It's a beautiful figure just the like the previous two. But I just can't justify getting it based on how I'd display in a collection alone.

Not a fan of the headsctulpt just like the last. If there was even a 3rd party option for one more slavish to what I've seen in the anime I'd buy every Eva 01 they made.

2 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Not a fan of the headsctulpt just like the last. If there was even a 3rd party option for one more slavish to what I've seen in the anime I'd buy every Eva 01 they made.

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-main-engine-me-me-p01-mep01-upgrade-kit-for-bandai-spirit-metal-build-eva-01-test-type_p1554.html

New company though so no idea what the quality will be if it does make it to release.

14 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Nope, but as everyone is talking about the listing is live now.

Sorry, I was/am at work (from home) and got distracted from the fun times here. 

I also got that same email, I'm not even going to bother with trying to switch my order, I'll live with $30 for two little figures I didn't really want but might turn out to be cool enough.

-b.

Yeah, I'm honestly cool with it either way.  I actually ordered the Bundle on Sat before it was officially "live" and then ordered the non-bundle today.  So if customer service isn't cool with it, I'll just have an extra to keep or sell.

53 minutes ago, crackpot said:

People are still buying their products at this time even though it's probably not to the extent before the pandemic.

We're nowhere near to when the full economic impact of this is going to hit. Right now most people are thinking about this as a snow storm when they should be thinking about it as an entire winter.

Every business owner I know, most of them being in the "luxury goods" business, are battening down the hatches and planning on a rough go of it.

Edited by sqidd

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

We're nowhere near to when the full economic impact of this is going to hit. Right now most people are thinking about this as a snow storm when they should be thinking about it as an entire winter.

Every business owner I know, most of them being in the "luxury goods" business, are battening down the hatches and planning on a rough go of it.

You being someone who has to analyze all of this on a much deeper level than most owning a business, how long do you realistically forecast all of this to last and has it impacted your personal investment into hobbies and the like?

1 minute ago, Kuma Style said:

You being someone who has to analyze all of this on a much deeper level than most owning a business, how long do you realistically forecast all of this to last and has it impacted your personal investment into hobbies and the like?

I wouldn't call it an analysis. It's more along the lines of seeing what others are doing/not doing and trying to get some sort of forecast from people that should know. Most economists wouldn't be able to say what's going to happen with any confidence. There is no precedent to base it on. That's big picture though.

Small picture like luxury goods, toys, motorcycles/motorsports stuff, fast cars, boats, vacations, expensive hobbies, etc there is a little precedent. The housing crash of 2008. First hand I know everything to the left took a massive hit (I don't know about the toys specifically). The power-sports industry was cut in half. It was just starting to recover then this happened. Because no one knows an end date to this thing it's really hard to make predictions. But, everything I'm seeing is pointing toward it being much worse than the housing crash. No one knows what is going to happen so a lot of people (the smart ones) are preparing for the worst. The worst being something we have never seen before.

We could be in a full blown cold war with China before this is over.

I'm not hoping for any of this. I like money.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I wouldn't call it an analysis. It's more along the lines of seeing what others are doing/not doing and trying to get some sort of forecast from people that should know. Most economists wouldn't be able to say what's going to happen with any confidence. There is no precedent to base it on. That's big picture though.

Small picture like luxury goods, toys, motorcycles/motorsports stuff, fast cars, boats, vacations, expensive hobbies, etc there is a little precedent. The housing crash of 2008. First hand I know everything to the left took a massive hit (I don't know about the toys specifically). The power-sports industry was cut in half. It was just starting to recover then this happened. Because no one knows an end date to this thing it's really hard to make predictions. But, everything I'm seeing is pointing toward it being much worse than the housing crash. No one knows what is going to happen so a lot of people (the smart ones) are preparing for the worst. The worst being something we have never seen before.

We could be in a full blown cold war with China before this is over.

I'm not hoping for any of this. I like money.

I think it's fair to call it analyzing given that you have to use trends and projections to plan on something you're running and whatnot where someone like me even though I don't see my line of work ever "shutting down" is at the whim of either being told by his employer that I'm cool to come to work or not. In that sense I would say I have it a lot easier.

I appreciate the general insight and personally it sheds some needed light on what's going on in a socioeconomic sense. We were having a "family get together" on zoom last night and the subject of when non-essential businesses will be open again came up. Basically none of us think that April 30th is even realistic with testing just really getting getting going and not being anywhere near accessible enough to have accurate numbers. So going in line with what you've written here businesses staying shut down means jobs remaining cut which means things aren't being purchased which will bleed more and more into the hobby over time which likely won't have a choice but to affect release choices and production. 

Now this has really got me thinking and the snowfall vs. winter analogy was very well put.

Another Wing Zero came in today. It's a hard call between it and the Strike Freedom but its elegance probably makes it my favorite of the bandai diecast Gundam lines.

7-288.png

--------------

Astray Blue Frame comes tomorrow. Got a number of the new Red Astrays coming in sooner or later so this will be a good test to see if I'll want to keep one of those for myself. Never really been a fan of the suit but hoping the toy is neat enough to win me over.

11 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Another Wing Zero came in today. It's a hard call between it and the Strike Freedom but its elegance probably makes it my favorite of the bandai diecast Gundam lines.

7-288.png

--------------

Astray Blue Frame comes tomorrow. Got a number of the new Red Astrays coming in sooner or later so this will be a good test to see if I'll want to keep one of those for myself. Never really been a fan of the suit but hoping the toy is neat enough to win me over.

Where did you get this one from? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

I love the over-the-top weaponry on that blue astray. The red frame is mostly disappointing unless you get the Kai version or flight pack to go along with it.

I'm not gonna lie... I was hoping that this would sell me on the Astray mold but between the loose connections on some of the weapons like the shoulder missiles, the most bizarre, overly tight joints I've ever seen on a MB in the hips, and still not being really thrilled at the general design, I'd probably have this listed in the sales forum if it weren't a whole $110 shipped.

I love Ninjas, really like mobiles suits, and somehow this admittedly perfect mesh of the two really doesn't set well with me. I do not get it.

13 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Loose connections? I'll have to check mine. Do you think you might have gotten a KO version?

http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/gundam-central-metal-build/metal-build-blue-astray-gundam-central

The only thing I noticed loose on mine was the V-Fin which is annoying as hell but I can't bring myself to glue it in.

Mine is an official Bluefin sticker and all new and sealed from a retailer that doesn't sell KOs. And my V-Fin isn't loose but still comes out almost like it's too tight and gets pressured out? 

Well, the blue frame did come out after the red frame. With any luck they might have fixed the V-Fin fit issue. There is one major 'problem' I have with the Kai is the gap between the Kai backpack and the gundam itself. I would say it's roughly 1.5 - 2cm between the backpack and the gundam. It just looks so stupid.  It was so ugly that I just ended up putting  away the Kai add-on back in it's box the same day I got it and replaced it with the flight pack I already had instead. I don't know if I did something wrong but I'm not alone on this 'mistake'.

No picture on the internet seems to show this issue prominently anywhere that I've found.. It's only in video reviews that I've seen. You'll see what I mean in the video below ~31 minutes in.

image.png.564094a1edbbdb90c52205ef7b430c01.png

Edited by Grey728

4 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Does it say if it is a web shop exclusive or a regular release?

Also is it odd that the release is on a weekend? I only knew about releases on a weekday.

Not sure yet whether it's pb or general release

They open PO weekdays,release usually on Saturdays

1 hour ago, carlsylar said:

Not sure yet whether it's pb or general release

They open PO weekdays,release usually on Saturdays

Ah, got it, the 04/25 is the release for the Red Frame Alternative Strike version.

I assume on the 24th there will be more info on the Blue Frame Second Revive.